Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-21-2016, 11:09 AM   #1
SVTsupremacy

Drives: none
1SS Camaro for <$35k

Good morning/afternoon/evening gents,

Ive been away from the car game for a while. about to come off deployment in a month or so and Im just trying to see if you guys think its possible to get a 1SS out the door for 35k or less. About the only option im thinking about is NPP exhaust. I think i can add the blade spoiler for cheaper myself, assuming there are no holes to cover.

And yes by my name I was a previous Ford owner, and Im cross shopping 5.0s since there are some great deals to be had on the mustang side. however I really like the new SSs and i dont think I want to risk going through MT-82s. Heard good things overall about the new SSs. Just a adrenaline junky at heart, not really brand loyal.
SVTsupremacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #2
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTsupremacy View Post

Ive been away from the car game for a while. about to come off deployment in a month or so and Im just trying to see if you guys think its possible to get a 1SS out the door for 35k or less. About the only option im thinking about is NPP exhaust. I think i can add the blade spoiler for cheaper myself, assuming there are no holes to cover.

And yes by my name I was a previous Ford owner, and Im cross shopping 5.0s since there are some great deals to be had on the mustang side. however I really like the new SSs and i dont think I want to risk going through MT-82s. Heard good things overall about the new SSs. Just a adrenaline junky at heart, not really brand loyal.
I started here : https://www.gmmilitarydiscount.com
Some dealers in my area also added some other offers. It varies dealer to dealer read the fine print. But it is possible to get the 1SS under $35k since youre not interested in other options. The SS trim already comes with the RS package included.
Good luck
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 11:34 AM   #3
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
At the dealer I got my car from here in SoCal, there was someone that ordered a 1SS NPP Manual, don't know how much he paid for it but only drove it 100 miles before they decided that they needed a truck instead. Yes, it was only driven for about 3 days before it was traded back in for a truck . The fleet manager knew me and was aware I belong to a Camaro car club. He said to ask anyone I knew if they wanted to purchase it for 34,000. I thought that was a pretty good deal. And this was before any discounts, which he said he would honor.
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 11:40 AM   #4
Fenriel

Drives: 96 t/a / Hyper Blue 1SS MRC M6
Quote:

Ah! I literally have the same question, minus the blade spoiler and the military background. In CA looking for a great out the door price, looking forward to these answers!
Fenriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:36 PM   #5
SVTsupremacy

Drives: none
it seems like alot of the people buying these brand new cars are buying up the 2SS $45,XXX + cars...i can hardly find a 1SS let alone a low option 1SS. either that, or these dealerships are trying to push the optioned cars....and are about to sit on ALOT of 2SS cars.
SVTsupremacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:42 PM   #6
Fenriel

Quote:
it seems like alot of the people buying these brand new cars are buying up the 2SS $45,XXX + cars...i can hardly find a 1SS let alone a low option 1SS. either that, or these dealerships are trying to push the optioned cars....and are about to sit on ALOT of 2SS cars.
Same experience here. Just went to a dealership, salesman told me that he had sold plenty of LT's but had only moved 1 2SS off the lot in 30 days. Also had no 1SS's in stock
Old 02-21-2016, 03:05 PM   #7
MY14SS

Drives: pbm
Quote:
1SS 6M are harder to find. I found one on the way to a dealership for delivery. I really wanted no options and was fortunate enough to find the one after looking for a few weeks. I got it for $34K +TTL (taxes, tittle and fees) and "free" tint. I had to combine supplier pricing, conquest + negotiating to buy on the spot.

Good luck! After your deployment I hope you get what you want and then some!!!
MY14SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 03:13 PM   #8
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Employee pricing is the closest you'll be able to get to your goal. You would still end up paying about $500 more than your target. The only way to get lower than that is with happy coincidence deals like pinoyscorpion951 spoke of. They are extreme rarities but, they do happen. HOWEVER, dealers aren't ordering those cars. They want to maximize their potential for profit so they add on special packages and options. A base 1SS with one option will have to be ordered. That car will not just be sitting on a lot.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 03:26 PM   #9
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
The 1SS cars are going to be the hardest ones to find. Last generation they were the rarest and dont see that changing at all this generation.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 04:13 PM   #10
Fenriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY14SS View Post
1SS 6M are harder to find. I found one on the way to a dealership for delivery. I really wanted no options and was fortunate enough to find the one after looking for a few weeks. I got it for $34K +TTL (taxes, tittle and fees) and "free" tint. I had to combine supplier pricing, conquest + negotiating to buy on the spot.

Good luck! After your deployment I hope you get what you want and then some!!!
Nice deal man. I just got done emailing a sales guy who wanted me to pay MSRP and told me there were 0 incentives. After I emailed him telling that's not only above market value, but above my set budget, he emails me back about the state farm and lease incentive and that's the best he can do...

I told him thanks any way.
Old 02-21-2016, 04:14 PM   #11
My87z28

Drives: 1987 Z28, 385cid, '16 Camaro 1SS
I've searched and searched for a black on black 1SS 6M without the NPP exhaust and the closest one is 800miles away. I don't want the NPP exhaust because I want to add a cat back as soon as I buy it, which will cost less than $895, perform better, be the sound I want, and weigh a lot less. I know I'm going to have to order it. I've spoken with multiple dealers (10-12) over the past month and I've gotten them as low as what the dealer invoice prices is on GM workorderbench $36,156.95; that's with the black front/rear bowtie emblems and the 20" 5 spit spoke gray painted machine faced wheels, MSRP is $37,640. I've told two dealers that I'll commit to ordering this week if they throw in a set of the Camaro premium all weather floor mats GM pn#23412245 ($140), for the invoice price.
My87z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 04:32 PM   #12
Fenriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by My87z28 View Post
I've searched and searched for a black on black 1SS 6M without the NPP exhaust and the closest one is 800miles away. I don't want the NPP exhaust because I want to add a cat back as soon as I buy it, which will cost less than $895, perform better, be the sound I want, and weigh a lot less. I know I'm going to have to order it. I've spoken with multiple dealers (10-12) over the past month and I've gotten them as low as what the dealer invoice prices is on GM workorderbench $36,156.95; that's with the black front/rear bowtie emblems and the 20" 5 spit spoke gray painted machine faced wheels, MSRP is $37,640. I've told two dealers that I'll commit to ordering this week if they throw in a set of the Camaro premium all weather floor mats GM pn#23412245 ($140), for the invoice price.
Too bad you don't live in SoCal, 75% of the 1SS's within 100 miles are all black.

I understand it's a new car, but some of these dealers act like msrp is a good deal... honestly I think 36-37 OTD is a good price but I don't know when we'll be seeing those type of deals...
Old 02-21-2016, 04:40 PM   #13
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by My87z28 View Post
My dealership has one but we are a good 800 miles away!!! HA!

It's not a bad deal to drive in and get it or take a cheap flight and drive it back. 800 miles is like $60 in gas at these prices. Be a fun trip!
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:13 PM   #14
My87z28

Drives: 1987 Z28, 385cid, '16 Camaro 1SS
I've found tons of black 1SS manuals, pretty much all of them have the NPP exhaust, and most all have the standard shinier 5 spoke wheels.

Without incentives and rebates, no dealer will even come close to 34-35k out the door. Not at least in Maryland. Like I posted above, dealer invoice w/destination for the car I've optioned is $36,156.95, MSRP is $37,640.00. When you buy a car at invoice (without rebates) and you don't finance through the dealers participating banks, the only money they make is the dealer processing fee, which for Maryland is capped at $300 and the Chevrolet holdback, which is 3% of MSRP. Since my MSRP will be $37,640, 3% of that would be $1,129.20, which is typically paid to the dealer either monthly or quarterly by Chevrolet. I'm trying to get them to cut into this holdback by $140 for the floor mats. The absolute cheapest a dealer could sell the car I optioned without any incentives/rebates and without actually loosing money would be $35,027.75. This still won't include your state's new car purchase taxes, which MD is 6% (6% of $35,027.75 = $2101.67), then you'd have to add tags, registration, lien... which since the car is under 3700lbs, in MD the tags are $135, add the rest of the MVA/DMV paper work costs and the total for tags is $279.00. So in MD the absolute cheapest this car could be bought without incentives is $35,027.75 + $2101.67 + $279.00 = $37,408.42 out the door. No dealer is going to sell a car without making some sort of profit, after all they have employees and bills to pay.
My87z28 is offline   Reply With Quote