Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-15-2015, 04:29 PM   #1
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Question on cats

What are the chances someone would trade their green cats for hfc's? I installed kooks headers and hfc's and thought I wanted to tune but don't think I'll be doing that anytime soon. The CEL is starting to drive me nuts because it won't let me use the remote start. If I clear the codes myself with an obd how long before the CEL comes back on?
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 06:13 PM   #2
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Did you install the o2 extenders? If you are not tuning you should put them in to avoid codes. What type of hfc,s do you have?

If you are wondering what I'm talking about, I've got a pic in my profile page that shows the hfc,s prior to installation. I installed them prior to my tune and they prevented the codes.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 06:58 PM   #3
xrivera91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Did you install the o2 extenders? If you are not tuning you should put them in to avoid codes. What type of hfc,s do you have?

If you are wondering what I'm talking about, I've got a pic in my profile page that shows the hfc,s prior to installation. I installed them prior to my tune and they prevented the codes.
Thanks for the response. I got these
http://www.phastekperformance.com/Ko...s-2250h420.htm

Also I did install the o2 extenders I've heard that the car will still throw codes due to the new location of the sensors. But I wouldn't know as I'm new to this.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:41 PM   #4
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
If you're not getting a dyno tune right now, you might want to think about getting a handheld tuner in the mean time. You can tune your car, and you can clear codes as desired (when you can, at least).

Early on, I purchased a Diablo Intune which worked great...

Get ahold of diab l e w for a custom can-tune that'll won't run you too much. The handheld tuner, however, will run you a few hundred.

Don't get a used one. You 'pair' alot of these units up and they become un-usable for other cars once 'paired'.

Good luck, man... I can't stand CEL's. My last one was due to my TB. I cleared it and it hasn't come back... if it does, I'm swapping out my TB for the stocker, then will see how that goes. So far so good...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:01 AM   #5
Stewpock

Drives: 2015 ss camaro, 2016 gt mustang
I have jba headers and hfc without a tune. And I was throwing codes but then I got my mechanic to install these
http://www.bigdaddiesgarage.com/angled-cel-fix-old.html
I bought the angled and straight I'm not sure which ones he used but I don't get a CEL anymore. I don't think they work for everyone but they're pretty cheap hopefully they'll work for you.
Stewpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:46 PM   #6
xrivera91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewpock View Post
I have jba headers and hfc without a tune. And I was throwing codes but then I got my mechanic to install these
http://www.bigdaddiesgarage.com/angled-cel-fix-old.html
I bought the angled and straight I'm not sure which ones he used but I don't get a CEL anymore. I don't think they work for everyone but they're pretty cheap hopefully they'll work for you.
That's interesting. I've never even heard of those before.