Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

AWE Tuning

Old 12-05-2015, 11:15 PM   #1
bond2

Drives: '16 2SS M6,'96 WS6 M6
Test Drove 2016 Nightfall Grey SS 6 speed with Pics

I test drove a 2016 Nightfall Grey SS with 6 speed manual today. It had a black center stripe in the middle, sunroof, black non split spoke rims, dual mode exhaust, no MRC. This car has everything you could want from a sports car. It truly is a sports car now, not so much a muscle car anymore. It is very lean and more compact than the 5th gen. I put my car next to it and took some decent comparison pics, see below. It just looks amazing in person. The front cockpit is very driver focused. Seats are very comfortable and they fit nicely to the driver, controls are all very easy to reach and use. Sport mode is perfect for normal driving and track really firms up the steering. The exhaust sound of the dual mode is just awesome, but not obnoxiously loud, just a nice deep rumble. I am 6'1" and the headroom was fine in the front with the seat all the way down, maybe slightly better than the 5th gen, very similar. My biggest concern is the rear seats, I wish there was a few extra inches of leg room and headroom similar to what we have in the 5th gen. I haul around my 6 and 8 year old and I am not sure how well their feet would fit. The seats in the back almost seam to high up. My kids use booster seats in my 5th gen, they would not need them in the 6th. Its actually a large area in the back but the legroom is very tight and the headroom is too cramped. You can also forget about getting golf clubs in this car, the 5th gen trunk seems massive compared to the 6th, not sure whats hiding behind the covered areas back there. Those are the only negatives about this car. Everything else is amazing. The infotainment is top notch. Apple carplay is awesome. The HUD is fantastic. Driving the SS, is addicting. Power seems endless, the skip shift is almost not noticeable b/c you have so much power you forget your in 4. The Rev match feature feels weird at first but is a ton of fun to play with and works very well. People are concerned with the price of the SS, but it really is so much car and its worth every penny.

Name:  image3.jpg
Views: 6495
Size:  158.1 KB

Name:  image4.jpg
Views: 3434
Size:  147.4 KB

Name:  image5.jpg
Views: 3574
Size:  156.9 KB

Name:  image7.jpg
Views: 20224
Size:  141.8 KB

Name:  image11.jpg
Views: 3418
Size:  157.5 KB

Name:  image14.jpg
Views: 3570
Size:  148.3 KB

I had the seat moved up so I could get back there, there is less room for your legs/feet then the 4th or 5th gen cars, the seats seem too long in the back, wish they woulda shortened them and gave back some room for your legs/feet to go.
Name:  image9.jpg
Views: 3465
Size:  126.3 KB

Name:  image12.jpg
Views: 3488
Size:  116.5 KB

Name:  image6.jpg
Views: 7387
Size:  161.1 KB
Attached Images

'99 30th anniv TA vert #988- M6

bond2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 12:01 AM   #2
alfonsoj23

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
See, so if you adjust the seat properly there should be some room coorrect? I was only worries about my 2 little sisters fitting good.
alfonsoj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 02:58 AM   #3
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
The center stripe is nearly invisible. This is a great color.
dragonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 05:40 AM   #4
StarkIndustries

Drives: Chevy Camaro
That SS is nightfall gray?!? The black rims look like its on a black car with the black out ties.

Last edited by StarkIndustries; 12-06-2015 at 06:12 AM.
StarkIndustries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 07:16 AM   #5
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond2 View Post
I test drove a 2016 Nightfall Grey SS with 6 speed manual today. It had a black center stripe in the middle, sunroof, black non split spoke rims, dual mode exhaust, no MRC. This car has everything you could want from a sports car. It truly is a sports car now, not so much a muscle car anymore. It is very lean and more compact than the 5th gen. I put my car next to it and took some decent comparison pics, see below. It just looks amazing in person. The front cockpit is very driver focused. Seats are very comfortable and they fit nicely to the driver, controls are all very easy to reach and use. Sport mode is perfect for normal driving and track really firms up the steering. The exhaust sound of the dual mode is just awesome, but not obnoxiously loud, just a nice deep rumble. I am 6'1" and the headroom was fine in the front with the seat all the way down, maybe slightly better than the 5th gen, very similar. My biggest concern is the rear seats, I wish there was a few extra inches of leg room and headroom similar to what we have in the 5th gen. I haul around my 6 and 8 year old and I am not sure how well their feet would fit. The seats in the back almost seam to high up. My kids use booster seats in my 5th gen, they would not need them in the 6th. Its actually a large area in the back but the legroom is very tight and the headroom is too cramped. You can also forget about getting golf clubs in this car, the 5th gen trunk seems massive compared to the 6th, not sure whats hiding behind the covered areas back there. Those are the only negatives about this car. Everything else is amazing. The infotainment is top notch. Apple carplay is awesome. The HUD is fantastic. Driving the SS, is addicting. Power seems endless, the skip shift is almost not noticeable b/c you have so much power you forget your in 4. The Rev match feature feels weird at first but is a ton of fun to play with and works very well. People are concerned with the price of the SS, but it really is so much car and its worth every penny.

Attachment 759886

Attachment 759887

Attachment 759888

Attachment 759889

Attachment 759890

Attachment 759891

I had the seat moved up so I could get back there, there is less room for your legs/feet then the 4th or 5th gen cars, the seats seem too long in the back, wish they woulda shortened them and gave back some room for your legs/feet to go.
Attachment 759893

Attachment 759894

Attachment 759895
I sat in essentially the same car yesterday. My 4 & 6 year old fit ok in the back of my 4th gen. It looks like a tighter fit in the 2016! Hopefully not a deal breaker! I'll need to bring them along next time to see if they fit.

I agree the seat cushion seemed longer than it needed to be and the part behind your feet ( just under the cushion) sticks out too far forward as well.

I was hoping rear seat space for kids was at least as good as my 4th gen, but looks like it's not :(
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 07:45 AM   #6
bond2

Drives: '16 2SS M6,'96 WS6 M6
I should have taken a pic of the rear seat with the front seat adjusted for me, my photo was after I moved the front seat forward so I could climb back there. It woulda been nice if they just gave us a bit more room and then this rear seat topic is a non issue. Aside from trunk space and rear seat its the perfect sports car.
'99 30th anniv TA vert #988- M6

bond2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 08:01 AM   #7
StarkIndustries

Drives: Chevy Camaro
That's nightfall gray right, I can't even see the black stripes on it.
StarkIndustries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 09:19 AM   #8
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Stripe is metallic black. Blends in real well
BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:00 AM   #9
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
I think the 5th gen gray is a better color. The black stripe on this car perfectly illustrates how dark this color is.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:38 AM   #10
thefirstcause

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, 2009 Mazda6 GT V6
Nightfall SS. So awesome to finally be seeing pictures of this. This is almost exactly how I'd want my car to look, Nightfall, black rims, but add more black accents. Blackout lights and so forth. Ground effects too. Badass but not black, a good dark grey allows for contrast with the grilles which disappear with black.
thefirstcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:46 AM   #11
JeffMorse

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Loved seeing the 5th gen next to it. Great pics, thanks!

I HATED the rear end on the last model, and purposefully got a 2012 to avoid it. They really improved the look this time around. Makes me very happy.
JeffMorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 11:00 AM   #12
pkssauce

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I wish there were more pictures in the sun. This is very close to what I am ordering. Looks great in the shade!
pkssauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 11:23 AM   #13
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefirstcause View Post
Nightfall SS. So awesome to finally be seeing pictures of this. This is almost exactly how I'd want my car to look, Nightfall, black rims, but add more black accents. Blackout lights and so forth. Ground effects too. Badass but not black, a good dark grey allows for contrast with the grilles which disappear with black.
Exactly my thoughts too. Glad I chose this color.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 11:49 AM   #14
Atra

Drives: 16' 1SS M6
Mine is NF Grey with black split spokes and black bowties. The wait is going to end me....
Atra is offline   Reply With Quote