Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-17-2015, 05:11 PM   #1
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
Motor Trend: Revelation: A Chevy That's Better Than a BMW

http://www.motortrend.com/news/revel...pr=18332466311
Quote:
REVELATION: A CHEVY THAT’S BETTER THAN A BMW

What Makes the New Camaro More Entertaining to Drive Than a 3 Series

Here’s a sentence I never thought I’d write: The Chevrolet Camaro is a better, more entertaining car to drive than a BMW 3 Series. In more than 30 years of testing cars I have experienced several moments of dazzling, crystalline revelation: that the original Mazda Miata was the most sublimely, delicately, intuitively tactile sports car ever built; that underneath the seductive scarlet curves of a Ferrari 348 lurked a sulky, evil-tempered bunny-boiler; and that the Ford Raptor was one of the most original performance vehicle concepts from a mainstream automaker, an entertaining and engaging ride that was also uniquely and uncompromisingly American.

This one, though, was totally unexpected.
More at the link.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:45 PM   #2
American Legend

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
I've been reading all the reviews I can this last month....Wow! I'm very impressed with General Motors! The Cadillac CTS/ATS and Corvette C7 teams have a lot to do with the Camaros success.
The overall level of execution on this gen6 is amazing!
I'm blown away by the focus the Camaro team maintained on this project.
I'm so happy to see America building such a great car!!
American Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:47 PM   #3
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
That says A LOT about how high the Camaro has risen and how far the 3 series has fallen..

Very glowing words!
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:52 PM   #4
Subperfect

Drives: 16 Camaro
I saw that coming. but come on MT you really set the bar that high?

Motor Trend: Revelation: A Chevy That's Better Than a BMW M4

that's more like it
Old 11-17-2015, 06:00 PM   #5
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subperfect View Post
I saw that coming. but come on MT you really set the bar that high?

Motor Trend: Revelation: A Chevy That's Better Than a BMW M4

that's more like it
The 3 Series has long been the hallmark of affordable handling and vehicle dynamics. For the new Camaro to be placed higher than that is extremely high praise.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:03 PM   #6
Subperfect

Drives: 16 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
The 3 Series has long been the hallmark of affordable handling and vehicle dynamics. For the new Camaro to be placed higher than that is extremely high praise.

I mean if you look at the numbers....

i was just trying to make it a fair fight
Old 11-17-2015, 06:07 PM   #7
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subperfect View Post
I mean if you look at the numbers....

i was just trying to make it a fair fight
Well yeah...

but price wise the SS is closer to a mid level 3 Series than the M4/M3
Old 11-17-2015, 06:32 PM   #8
TheSpectre

Drives: Boxster GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
The 3-series sucks now, to be honest. That's one reason I went with the 2.
TheSpectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:48 PM   #9
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
BMW has lost their "Ultimate Driving Machine" DNA. I drove a 2002 325i once and I thought I died and went to heaven. Drove a new 3 series last year and was thoroughly disappointed.

In their effort to sell more cars and appeal to a greater audience, BMW has softened their cars and frankly cheapened them. 15 years ago there were few cars on the planet that could touch a 3 for pure driving enjoyment. Now, Cadillac has caught up.... in fact it can be said that Cadillac and BMW have gone in opposite directions in the last 5 years. Cadillac is now out BMW-ing BMW. I never thought I'd ever say that in my life.

By all accounts, the Camaro SS is a better BMW 435i for less money. Forget the 3 (mainly because the 3 is a sedan-only now, so you'd have to compare the Camaro to the 4 series anyway).

I am sure there are those BMW snoots laughing at Motor Trend for comparing a lowly Chevrolet to their sophisticated, precision engineered, German delights.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:57 AM   #10
Suntan

Drives: 2006 BMW 330i, 2006 BMW 550i
I have to agree. I was a committed bimmerhead until the latest generation. I actually thought the 2006 330i (with the sports package), the last of the 3-series with hydraulic steering AND the un-dumbed down naturally aspirated inline 6 was the best driving, most balanced sports sedan (of any make) in recent memory. It was a true pleasure to drive on a daily basis. But, yeah, these days, BMW has become just one amongst many in terms of the quality of its offerings...very sad, really...
Suntan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:15 AM   #11
camaro1&6

Drives: 67camaro 69Nova C6
I've always felt that GM always left a little on the table when the did their RD . I was raised to believe in America and what we build . My family has worked for GM and I was born in GM town . So I've always owned a GM (78 Trans am, 70ss nova, k5 blazer, 67 camaro, 69 nova , 04 2500, 06 2500 dmax, 2015 2500 high country dmax, Soon 16 2ss Camaro). So Far none of witch has been perfect and have had some flaws, But don't we all!? . But I am loyal to the brand and my county. I know there will be some negative comments. But I believe that the 2016 Camaro is a example of learning from mistakes, I'm very excited and can't wait for my build to be complete . But we ALL as humans are not perfect , when we strive for it is when something like this comes along!!.
camaro1&6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:06 AM   #12
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
It's funny they say no one will cross shop these cars. What exactly about them is that different?

I specifically cross shopped a 3-series and a Camaro.
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:10 AM   #13
G-10

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS
I've had two three series: a 330i and currently 335i, both are great machines. Whether they are still "the ultimate driving machine" is maybe not true anymore as technology progresses. That being said I will be trading in my BMW on a Camaro.

With the Camaro receiving MT's Car of the Year award, I wonder if Chevrolet will raise prices and be less willing to negotiate on price of the new Camaro's. I'm glad my order is SRE.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:19 AM   #14
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-10 View Post
I've had two three series: a 330i and currently 335i, both are great machines. Whether they are still "the ultimate driving machine" is maybe not true anymore as technology progresses. That being said I will be trading in my BMW on a Camaro.

With the Camaro receiving MT's Car of the Year award, I wonder if Chevrolet will raise prices and be less willing to negotiate on price of the new Camaro's. I'm glad my order is SRE.

Can't go any higher than they are now until ford raises their prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote