Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-29-2015, 06:57 AM   #1
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Lots Of Extra Cooling

The Three lower bumper grills provide air to three different radiators. The Two trapezoid grills lead to smaller radiators mounted behind the wheel well splash panel on each side. There are slots in the wheel well splash panel that allow airflow for good flow-through ventilation.

There are also built-in air ducts in the front grill that lead to the disks in similar fashion to the Gen5 Z28 brake duct kit.

All the grill work is functional on Gen6. The designer on hand mentioned his favorite part of design started with the pencil sketches of the front-end; he was going for a more "mean" look.
To me it looks like he achieved that goal.
Ron
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:10 AM   #2
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
I'm hoping the A8 cooling solution on this camaro is very good from the factory and replaceable with even better.

That color scheme is not working for me, maybe the angle of the photo is throwing it off for me. I've seen white with blue stripes and it did work for me.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:04 AM   #3
pdoherty972

Drives: 2013 370Z sports
I'm hoping the cooling here is an improvement over the Stingray so the 6G avoids the overheating issues seen in that car so far.
pdoherty972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:30 AM   #4
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdoherty972 View Post
I'm hoping the cooling here is an improvement over the Stingray so the 6G avoids the overheating issues seen in that car so far.
The Camaro gets a lot more natural airflow into the motor over the Vette.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:11 PM   #5
Noob

Drives: AUDI 80
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
The Camaro gets a lot more natural airflow into the motor over the Vette.
the bottle neck is more the autom. and not the engine
Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:55 PM   #6
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob View Post
the bottle neck is more the autom. and not the engine
With the location of the Vette's tansmission

The Camaro Six seems to have a much more open area around the transmission and I think it comes stock with cooling devices. The Vette did not.

Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:18 PM   #7
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
With the location of the Vette's tansmission

The Camaro Six seems to have a much more open area around the transmission and I think it comes stock with cooling devices. The Vette did not.

Just from looking at that, the Camaro looks like it will cool much better. The one issue I still have is the fact that the new transmissions for 2014 and up (6L80 and 8L90) is the fact that the transmission has a "thermostat" (bypass valve) to stop ATF flow to the coolers until it reaches a predetermined operating temperature (190F on pickups). When it hits 190F, it opens flow to the radiator and if equipped, aux. cooler. HD trucks with the 6L90 have a constant flow. My 2015 never gets above 170F in hot weather, and when its cooler, never above 145F, thus prolonging the life of the ATF.

I realize its good to have ATF, diffs, engine oils all up to a good temperature for ideal operation but, why that hot (190F) before allowing it to be cooled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................

Last edited by iPODFAN11; 10-29-2015 at 04:31 PM.
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:10 PM   #8
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
Looks like the heat exchangers on either side of the front bumper will be good at catching debris.

BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:47 AM   #9
Noob

Drives: AUDI 80
hm, iīm not so sure if camaro design is better in temperature for the tranny because the catīs are nearby and they get very hot !
Yes, owners have to look carefully after debris in all these coolers which i fear have many many hooses which can get loose. Hopefully all is engineered for lifetime and assembled.
Another thing i noticed is the rear brake is on the downside from the rotor. I fear there can be easily get in little stones and after a while between the brake pads.
Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:10 PM   #10
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob View Post
Another thing i noticed is the rear brake is on the downside from the rotor. I fear there can be easily get in little stones and after a while between the brake pads.
The reason for having the calipers low on the rotor is to keep the center of gravity lower.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote