Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-21-2015, 01:37 PM   #1
art_ss

Drives: 2015 white 1Le ss
have a 2015 camaro ss 1le and want to mod need help!!!!!please!!!!!

hey guys im new to Camaro5.com and I like this site a lot.
I have a 2015 Camaro ss 1le that I want to do modification on but I don't know what brand and what parts I should use . and money is no issue I just want the top of the line goodies because that's what Camaro deserves.

for example I want headers but don't know what brand is best for hp gains , intake same, I would like to put lighter pulleys but don't know what brand, what kind of ecu tunes or what kind of chips are out there, throttle bodys , injectors I don't know what to look for what company makes them if I can please get help that would be great or if anyone is selling them that be cool.

or if anyone has any recomandations on what will be great for my car I want to do only fully Bolt on's
art_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:56 PM   #2
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Look in the V8 bolt on section and the sponsor market place threads they usually have lots of deals going on. There are tons of brands out there, it mainly comes down to what brand you want and how far you're willing to go.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:58 PM   #3
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
Welcome the camaro5!

What are you objectives with your 1LE? And what is your budget? That would influence what people recommend.

Best part does not always equal most expensive.
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #4
art_ss

Drives: 2015 white 1Le ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zslash28 View Post
Welcome the camaro5!

What are you objectives with your 1LE? And what is your budget? That would influence what people recommend.

Best part does not always equal most expensive.
my objectives as in what would I like to push or what kind of build I want,
my budget is around ill say 5,000, and I would like full bolts ons like headers highflow cats pulleys intake and regular stuff , my goal would probably be 450 or 480 whp
art_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 04:34 PM   #5
beany323

Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
sorry money is always an issue. but that being said. what kind of gains are you looking for? Doing the work yourself? Local mechs? CMS in Murrieta can help with most mods. Track performance ? basic mods, intake, exhaust, throttle body. skip shift eliminator.
Body mods? side skirts. Lighting?

good luck and welcome to the club!

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 04:53 PM   #6
elektrik

Drives: 2012 ZL1
keep in mind too that we live in California when you're thinking of Mods...assuming you want to keep it street legal (or don't want to have to rip everything out when you have to smog it (eventually))
elektrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:47 PM   #7
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Being in California you should be looking at A oil catch can, CAI intake any thing that is CARB certified..... A good LPW rear diff cover with BMR toes and Trailing arms and such and basically what you can get away with as its smog city EPA land down there. TO build power there you will have to go shorty headers which have minimal gain to stock cats or if lucky high flow cats with out tuning or if tuned it will have to be sniffed... and you of course void your warranty with a tune and with a cam is the way to get to your goal only... it takes money more than you may want to pay to go inside the engine with a mild cam to get more to your goal and be CARB legal , as in porting heads etc... and the tuning with a more radical cam makes the car idle more in the 950 rpm range..... also not exactly CARB friendly. So your pretty much stuck looking for what you can do..... G.M>. Performance parts may be the only real easy options for the engine that are CARB approved? Good luck, And if you research most 17/8 " headers with a merge spike are close in power gains long tube and do require usually turning of CEL ( check engine light) for the slowed response of the O2 sensors up front along with almost any cam requiring the mixture of air to fuel being richer thus NOT CARB friendly along with the higher idle from the gain in power. There are numerous threads on CAI's and the most useful is on a sticky I believe. You could go with VMAX stock ported throttle body for one and one of the Vitesse throttle controllers both of which would improve the performance feel of the car.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:15 PM   #8
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2018 Silverado CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by art_ss View Post
my objectives as in what would I like to push or what kind of build I want,
my budget is around ill say 5,000, and I would like full bolts ons like headers highflow cats pulleys intake and regular stuff , my goal would probably be 450 or 480 whp
You can get those number with CAI, LT headers, cam and tune. You should easily be under 5k with those mods. Depending on where you live, CMS seems to be the go to spot in SoCal. I'll be taking my car there for a tune and possibly a cam once I get my headers on.
760bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:26 PM   #9
pistol_pete

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I am in California with a 2015 1LE as well, and I am going with Kooks long tube headers, cold air inductions cold air intake, vmax ported throttle body, apex race scoop and jannetty tune. Like you I wanted to make sure to pick up quality stuff.

I'll worry about smog when that time comes(wont be for awhile).

might get a cam later in the year.
pistol_pete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro ss 1le, camaro, modifications, ss1le, tuning advice