Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
Mundo

Drives: 2010 silver LS Handicap accessible
Marine road rage

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=73b_1364917659

Warning, the language is definitely not safe for work

Claims he pulled in front of the car and repeatedly jammed on the brakes, the third time the couple rear ended him to set this off. The worse part, he threatens the passenger, a paralyzed female marine vet.

Quote:
An unnamed Marine Sergeant from Camp Pendleton was filmed unleashing a torrent of threats and obscenities in the direction of a driver who allegedly rear-ended his car.

The passenger who captured footage of the incident on camera is a wounded Marine who is paralyzed from the waist down, according to 10News. The man behind the wheel is her brother and caregiver.

The two say the marine's violent temper has traumatized them, and they asked to remain anonymous.

A friend who spoke on their behalf said the accident occurred after the verbally abusive marine stopped short several times.

"He cut them off and apparently he kept brake-checking them," said the friend. "He would slam on his brakes abruptly. They hit into the back of him on the third time."

Sources with knowledge say the Marine's car sustained "minor scratches" while the truck belonging to the paralyzed Marine and her brother "needs a new bumper and grill."

After the incident was brought to the attention of Camp Pendleton officials, the Marine was detained and cited for communicating a threat.

"This individual's behavior does not meet the standards that are expected of our Marines and it has received the attention of senior base staff," a base spokesman said in a statement.

It is unclear if criminal charges will be filed. A Purple Heart recipient, the Marine is said to be suffering from PTSD and may be exhibiting signs of intermittent explosive disorder, according to one psychologist.
Mundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
BloodRain
Account Suspended

Drives: 1LE
Traumatized.... really... sigh....
BloodRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
IMO he's just an idiot and stunts like that will end up with someone shooting him in self defense.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
His last name wasn't Rice was it?
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
What a moron....

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #6
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
IQ of a leaf
Old 04-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #7
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
he brake checked them several times and they choose to continue to ride his ass and not back off..

regardless if he cut them off, they are just as guilty of hording the stupid gene as the Marine..
Old 04-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #8
Mundo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRain View Post
Traumatized.... really... sigh....
I don't think they are saying it for a lawsuit but it could be a traumatic experience, especially if you aren't much for fighting or you're handicapped and a woman on top of it. I would bet that guy would hit the woman if she was able to walk, he didn't seem to have a governor on his anger. Still yeah, you say you're traumatized. It could help your case saying he slammed on the brakes and hopefully fault him so your insurance doesn't go up.

I'm guessing the guy's wife shudders the thought of anything pissing him off. On top of it the guy didn't exactly look like the toughest guy, he's going to jump out of his truck one day and get his ass handed to him.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #9
cvp33
America FVCK Yeah!

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Drop the Marine part. This guy is just a tool who happens to be enlisted.
cvp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #10
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvp33 View Post
Drop the Marine part. This guy is just a tool who happens to be enlisted.
I agree.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:25 PM   #11
RoadieWingZ

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 1LS
Always a medical or psychological diagnosis for someone's stupid acts..... Everyone's a victim of something that impacted their life so they're not to blame for their behavior... The guy's a prick irrespective of his past...

2013 Camaro LS
RoadieWingZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #12
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Wow. After those actions I would have kindly obliged him and stepped out
Old 04-04-2013, 02:58 AM   #13
Risky guy

Drives: 2012 mitsubishi evolution mr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundo View Post
I don't think they are saying it for a lawsuit but it could be a traumatic experience, especially if you aren't much for fighting or you're handicapped and a woman on top of it. I would bet that guy would hit the woman if she was able to walk, he didn't seem to have a governor on his anger. Still yeah, you say you're traumatized. It could help your case saying he slammed on the brakes and hopefully fault him so your insurance doesn't go up.

I'm guessing the guy's wife shudders the thought of anything pissing him off. On top of it the guy didn't exactly look like the toughest guy, he's going to jump out of his truck one day and get his ass handed to him.
Was rear ended once, lawyer told me if you "brake check" & you get rear ended your beat.

Moral of the story is dont brake check, if you get hit your sol.

Instead of brake check, just let the person pass.

This guy was looking for a problem looks like he found one.
Risky guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #14
Mundo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadieWingZ View Post
Always a medical or psychological diagnosis for someone's stupid acts..... Everyone's a victim of something that impacted their life so they're not to blame for their behavior... The guy's a prick irrespective of his past...
The thing about psychological diagnosis is would the guy be screaming outside the window threatening to beat up the person if the guy who rear ended him was 6'6" 250lbs? I don't think so, he would have been able to control his anger. Now if he would act like that no matter who he was confronting, then we could look at a diagnosis and say he needs help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky guy View Post
Was rear ended once, lawyer told me if you "brake check" & you get rear ended your beat.

Moral of the story is dont brake check, if you get hit your sol.

Instead of brake check, just let the person pass.

This guy was looking for a problem looks like he found one.
It is also your word against theirs. The person brake checking could always deny it. You could say you were braking for a car in front of you. Unless there was proof otherwise the person who rear ended the other is SOL