Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Just installed hand polished/ported RX IM

IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
SIXJAK

Now to take it for a spin....
Seems smoother
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #3
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Very nice. Welcome to the club. Looking forward to your butt synonym results.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
MY EYES !!

Nice work, you have more patience than me.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Did you take any more pictures of what the actual porting work looks like? I'd like to see them if you did.

Thanks,

Chad
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #6
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Sexy!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
Very nice. Welcome to the club. Looking forward to your butt synonym results.
Well so far, the car seems to run smoother. It runs a bit stronger and then the exhaust note has done the impossible and improved over what was already a gorgeous sounding baritone bellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
MY EYES !!

Nice work, you have more patience than me.
Vent seriously even a caveman can do this mod. The key is having that essential wratcheting 13mm box wrench. The trickiest part is pre-lining up the rear IM bolt. Everything else is stoooopid easy. It took me only 2 hrs and I stopped to talk to my neighbors for about 20 minutes. I got started at 6:30pm and had all the tools put away by 8:35pm. You can DO It.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
Did you take any more pictures of what the actual porting work looks like? I'd like to see them if you did.

Thanks,

Chad
Ehhhh that's what I forgot to do....snap. My neighbors walked up when I had both IM side by side and was taking pics. I came back and spent 15 mins looking for that rear IM bolt which was sitting under a rag in my engine bay next to the CAI. I totally got sidetracked. Then my wife called from Dallas and I was trying to tell her what I wasn't doing.

So far so so good. I put about 15 miles on it. I'm sure as the ECU dials the new airflow in its going to get a bit better. I also cleaned my air filter so I'm sure that is contributing to some of this improvement.

Last edited by SIXJAK; 06-06-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #8
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
I was wondering about the exhaust sound, as you know I loved your sound. Glad improved rather than the other. Mine really seems to run the rpm range much faster. It feels I am pushing when I am not.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #9
mhog

Drives: 2010 V6 Camaro 2LT/RS
Looks nice! How did you like polishing that thing? Sucks don't it?
mhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #10
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
It takes a while for the ECM to get used to this.. I saw a performance boost after I cleared my codes with Trifecta and the gains kept getting better as the miles went by.. Now about 50 miles later WOW!!! What a fun car to drive.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #11
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhog View Post
Looks nice! How did you like polishing that thing? Sucks don't it?
Idk ask Tracy at RX. They're the ones who did it.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #12
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
It takes a while for the ECM to get used to this.. I saw a performance boost after I cleared my codes with Trifecta and the gains kept getting better as the miles went by.. Now about 50 miles later WOW!!! What a fun car to drive.
That's what I'm figuring. So you think I should re flash the ECU or just let it learn? I've put about 30 miles on it and what I was noticing after 30 miles in 85 degree weather with about 50% humidity was the 1st-2nd gear shift chirp has a bit more bite. When my car was stock, it would have never chirped anything in those conditions.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:26 AM   #13
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
how much is the beauty ?
Old 06-06-2012, 02:09 AM   #14
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
how much is the beauty ?
Excluding 300.00 core charge, 550.00 (200.00 for hand polishing)