Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Nitto Motivo

Replacing the 20" P-Zeros. Has anybody else used these? Thots?
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
plastrd
Indecisive

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I've had them on the rear for about 1500 miles now with some almost worn out P-zeros up front yet. Not as sticky as the P-zeros and I do feel the rear end get a little light when dropping to 3rd at 55 to pass someone. They let out a nice sounding chirp with a firm shift to second. For "typical" to "spirited" city and highway driving I think you'll find them to be nice but if you go all the way up the scale to "douchebag" you'll want to stick with summer performance tires (or for track/drag use).
Considering they are just all-season tires I'm happy with them though they haven't seen snow yet (my Pirelli Scorpions barely saw any this year either!). I'll be getting fronts soon.
plastrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastrd View Post
I've had them on the rear for about 1500 miles now with some almost worn out P-zeros up front yet. Not as sticky as the P-zeros and I do feel the rear end get a little light when dropping to 3rd at 55 to pass someone. They let out a nice sounding chirp with a firm shift to second. For "typical" to "spirited" city and highway driving I think you'll find them to be nice but if you go all the way up the scale to "douchebag" you'll want to stick with summer performance tires (or for track/drag use).
Considering they are just all-season tires I'm happy with them though they haven't seen snow yet (my Pirelli Scorpions barely saw any this year either!). I'll be getting fronts soon.
Okay good to know. I already ordered and had them mounted a couple of hrs ago. Maybe I made the wrong selection here. Getting ready to SC here shortly. Oh well guess douchebaggery will be my forte for the next 7-8 months.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
I am also looking for a good set of douchebaggery wheels... may be considering the NT05s. However, their own website gives them a low rating for ride comfort and that is a bit concerning as it will still be a street vehicle.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
I douchebag it up with the factory pirellis.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #6
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
I am also looking for a good set of douchebaggery wheels... may be considering the NT05s. However, their own website gives them a low rating for ride comfort and that is a bit concerning as it will still be a street vehicle.
NT-05's are basically street legal track tires, if you want comfort, go with the Invo's.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
Bildo

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
I just ordered a set of these about 6 hours ago, looking for something to last awhile thats not gonna perform horribly
Bildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #8
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
NT-05's are basically street legal track tires, if you want comfort, go with the Invo's.
Yea, I want to find the best tire to hook up but be street legal once I add a lower gear ratio to go with the cam... NT05s are probably it, but I have to realize the wife will still be in the car from time to time... I am just curious when they say lack of comfort, I wish I knew to what degree that meant. This is my first time ever even considering a slicker tire. I imagine the Invos tread probably lasts a good bit longer as well.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote