Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Driving Gripe - Am I alone in feeling this way?

For the last couple of weeks, I've been stopping by a Taco Time in Lynnwood to pick up food. As I'm exiting the parking lot, I've ended up behind someone also trying to make a right turn...but across 3 lanes...three days in a row.

The problem is, this exit is very close to the light, and is basically a right turn into a right turn lane. It's a very busy street. There is an exit further away from the light into which you can easily pull out and even cross traffic if you need to. See the picture below for what the intersection/turn look like.

It's ALWAYS busy, even when it's not rush hour. In fact, it's backed up much further than in the picture below. Usually, all lanes but the right lane are usually full of cars. Yet for some reason, these people think it's ok to stay there and hope that someone lets them across all 3 lanes to the left turn lane.

Is there ANYONE out there that thinks it's ok to do this? Me, personsonally...I try to plan ahead and leave parking lots in a way that doesn't disrupt a lot of traffic.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
MrE

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
You see the rear exit on the street to the left of your example? I have a similar intersection that I need to get over to make a u-turn, so I head for the furthest (away from the intersection) driveway to exit. I drop my daughter off at Math tutoring and see similar behavior as you describe. I just laugh as they are still sitting there waiting while I've already navigate over to the left lane to make my turn.
Delivered to customer 11/24/09 - Happy ever since.
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
People are stupid.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
There's a similar intersection and parking lot exit near my home too. Almost every time I pass the area, I see a line of cars exiting the parking lot. The line is from cars trying to cross 3 lanes of traffic to get to the left turn lane. It's funny because there is another parking lot exit that has less traffic and will allow you to go in the same direction.
I think the problem is people don't plan ahead and "follow the pack" of other drivers, even though there are much better options available. People are sheep....

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #5
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I think that my main point is that I try not to drive in a way that will impact other drivers negatively. What I mean is, I don't pull out in front of people in a way that would make them need to brake. I try to merge in an orderly fashion (zipper style). Lots of other things.

Heck, if I see my turn and am in the wrong lane, I don't go cutting across traffic at the last second. I have no problems with missing the turn and just finding a different way or doing the left left left right method.

Therefore, these people should pull out, either turn right by staying in the lane they are supposed to turn into, or possibly hope a gap will open up in the rightmost of the lanes going straight. Find gaps like a normal person, and you'll get to where you're going. No need to force your way across 3 lanes of solid traffic.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #6
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I'm like you - try to be conscientious of other drivers. I'll drive behind or along side you any day! But not to Taco Time three days in a row... LOL! Granted, Taco Time is better than Taco Bell....
Old 03-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
yeah i hate that
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #8
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I think that my main point is that I try not to drive in a way that will impact other drivers negatively. What I mean is, I don't pull out in front of people in a way that would make them need to brake. I try to merge in an orderly fashion (zipper style). Lots of other things.

Heck, if I see my turn and am in the wrong lane, I don't go cutting across traffic at the last second. I have no problems with missing the turn and just finding a different way or doing the left left left right method.

Therefore, these people should pull out, either turn right by staying in the lane they are supposed to turn into, or possibly hope a gap will open up in the rightmost of the lanes going straight. Find gaps like a normal person, and you'll get to where you're going. No need to force your way across 3 lanes of solid traffic.
Good to know I'm not alone in my thinking, I hate it when someone pulls out only to go slow and I have to brake to avoid them. I do have the right of way. Wait for me to pass and then go, happens all the time, I look in my mirror and there is no one behind me but they cant wait for me. "Situational awareness"
Old 03-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #9
razorduck
Self Made Thousandaire

Drives: 2011 SS/RS RJT
A lot of people don't think, they just "do". People here in my area know where they want to go, but really don't think a route through to get there.
When I'm in a parking lot and need to go right through a light at a busy intersection, I have the good sense to go further up the street away from the traffic light and "ease" into traffic, giving me plenty of time to get into the flow. Most are just behind the wheel oblivious to the circumstances, and don't care if what they do is, at the least inconsiderate, and at worse down right dangerous. I'm a pretty calm guy, but behind the wheel I must admit to road rage at the stupidity of other so called drivers sometimes. And not just in my Camaro.
razorduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
People are stupid.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #11
ewynn9

Drives: IOM 1LT/RS
More than all that.....hesitant people are the WORST!! I understand that it is perfectly natural to have moments of hesitation, happens to me. However, when they just sit there and there is HUGE gap in traffic that even a squirrel could make it across....that just pisses me off to no end and I just wanna put a cattle guard on my bumper and shove their ass out of my way.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #12
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
Can't fix stupid!!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #13
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Yep its an irritation. Just like when someone stops in your lane to merge into the right to make a turn because they forgot where their turn was.... Why cant these idiots go around the block and try again instead of almost causing an accident..
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #14
HookemHorns

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot Convertible
There are some folks that only think about themselves.
HookemHorns is offline   Reply With Quote