Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 05-15-2011, 12:08 AM   #1
MOMSREDSS

Drives: 2010 Victory RED RS/SS L99
Thankful the Camaro wasn't in the driveway today!

The car our daughter drives was it by at least one rock today. Our neighbor used his weed eater on his side property & ditch (filled with rocks). My husband went in the front yard to see rocks all over the driveway. he looked at our car to see the back window shattered. BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!! Tried to talk to neighbor, but they weren't home. Pictures & talk to the neighbor tomorrow, too late now.

I'm so thankful it wasn't the Camaro. I parked in the same area yesterday with the Camaro.

Sad to say this isn't the we've been it by a rock by them. They don't know about the first time.
2010 2SS/RS, L99, Victory Red, Cyber Gray Stripes, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Tinted Windows, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Pedders Stainless Brake Lines, ARH Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouth II Axle Back, BMR Rear trailing arms, BMR Level 3 Performance Handling Package; Build Journal http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130448
MOMSREDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:11 AM   #2
MrE

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
I don't envy your conversation with the neighbor. My guess, the neighbor will fain ignorance. Good luck!
Delivered to customer 11/24/09 - Happy ever since.
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:17 AM   #3
MOMSREDSS

I'm not looking forward to it, but I know it has to happen.

I hope they change the direct of how they use the weed eater so this never happens again. I don't use it (weed eater) but my husband told me if he used it a different way all the stuff would go against his fence & not across the street & our driveway.
2010 2SS/RS, L99, Victory Red, Cyber Gray Stripes, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Tinted Windows, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Pedders Stainless Brake Lines, ARH Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouth II Axle Back, BMR Rear trailing arms, BMR Level 3 Performance Handling Package; Build Journal http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130448
Old 05-15-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Maybe the way to approach it would be for your husband to "suggest" or teach the alternate way to do the weedeating, rather than being accusatory. Better yet, just spray the weed and rock-filled ditch with round up - no need for flying rocks at all....
Old 05-15-2011, 11:04 AM   #5
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
call the police get picture time to go to court.
I would not even talk with them, because i bet they know they done it.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
MOMSREDSS

I would love it if they would spray the weeds. Our front yard looks at their fence weed lined until they use the weed eater. When they do, grass & weeds are all over the street & this time in our driveway.

I don't want this to turn out ugly with my neighbors. So I won't be calling the police. They are busy enough.

We have great neighbors all in all. I really think that we'll be able to work this out, I just don't look forward to the conversation.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #7
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
what ever happened to common sense ?

What ever happened to common sense? I feel for you. I have a neighbor gal who mows with an open chute mower torwards my driveway,with my cars parked in it rather than mowing into her property on the line between us.Rocks,sticks,& Pine cones that she never picks up ahead of time come a flying.
Some people just lack common sense and that is all there is too it.Good luck changing their ways .
Old 05-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #8
mamaro

Drives: '10 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Exactly why I threw such a fit when the grounds crews were mowing and trimming right next to my Camaro at work. They didn't have a clue why I was upset.

Glad it wasn't your Camaro.
mamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #9
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
dont go over there, ship them a nicely worded letter, suggesting they take care of it.

& they have 30 days to do so. if not court action will be taken.

lol.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote