Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-23-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
johngoss

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Edelbrock Supercharger Systems

Does anyone have an Edelbrock Supercharger System installed on a 2010 SS? If so are you happy with it? Thinking about going that route because of the suposed ease of installation.
johngoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
Camaro_Custom_Painted
Choke on that causality!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
There a lots of us with the E-Force installed, many DIY. Spend some time in this forum and you can see many opinions, stories, pictures, etc. Thus far, I have read nothing but good experiences. If you understand engine basics you can certainly do it yourself. The street kit comes with everything you need.
Edelbrock EForce - Stainless Works Headers - BMR Sways & Arms & Toe Links & Control Arm Bushings & End Links - Rotofab CAI - Assorted Interior, Exterior, Underhood Bling - Red Jewel Stripes & Full Body Clear - Lexani LX15 Wheels - JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade - Kenne Bell BAP - Heartthrob XPipe - Elite Catch Can - Pedders Cradle & Front Arm Bushings - Hotchkis Strut Brace - MSD Wires - Carbotech Brakes - DSS 1000HP Axles & Driveshaft - Mickey Thompson Tires - Halo Harness - AutoMeter A/F, Boost, Fuel Pressure Gauges - Whats Next?
Camaro_Custom_Painted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I'm very pleased with the E-Force kit. 546/rwhp, what's not to be pleased with.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #4
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Here's some threads:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/search...archid=7756733

My experience has been great. I didn't install mine so can't give you my opinion, but lot of drivers have put theirs on themselves. They finally got out to the public in June and July this year so look for the installs with lots of details posted around that time.

They're very quiet, look like they're stock, put tons of low end torque to the wheels and even have an optional warranty if you stay stock with everything else. The stock setup will get you around 465-480 rwhp, but most have been highly modified and are pushing WAY more that that.
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
I love my edelbrock supercharger. Makes awesome low end torque, looks oem, great power, no driveability issues, and was an easy install.
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:08 PM   #6
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
The one thing that turned me off was having to remove the front bumper assembly. The Maggie instructions don't mention that so I guess I won't have too.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #7
S-eatin-grin

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
I went with the e-force and my only regret was that I didn't read the piece (post) from Jannetty racing before my install. He pointed out that the fuel rail design on the e-force isn't as good as it could be...and offers an upgrade. When you read about blow-up motors from FI fuel supply and air fuel ratios are always talked about...run out of fuel at high revs or under boost and...pop. Get the JRE fuel rail and 65 lb injecotrs and save yourself from having to do it later and pay for another tune afterwards. Here is the info from JRE. Also.. if you have more money than you know what to do with you may consider stoking the engine adding a blower cam, new clutch and fly while having FI bolted on.

For all you Horsepower Junkies who are looking for more power than what the base Edelbrock system provides, we offer a fuel system upgrade to further improve an already great system.

While doing a 415 Stroker build on a car already equipped with an Edelbrock supercharger we were looking things over on Reassembly.

Looking at the fuel rails, (The Proverbial Light Bulb went on).

I have designed and built thousands of fuel systems over the last 30 years .

Looking at the fuel rails we discovered that the Passenger side Rear of the fuel rail is where the Feed is located, all of the fuel has to pass by all 4 injectors, then across the front of the engine then down the Drivers side Rail.

This pretty much Leaves Cylinders 5-7 Dead last to get fuel, in Higher that delivered HP applications this could be a concern.

There are a lot of Dynamics going on inside the fuel rails, every time a single injector opens is sends a shock wave back through the fuel, like throwing a rock in a Pond.

Also as the fuel is passing by injectors it is losing Pressure.

The Solution is the JRE Edelbrock Fuel system upgrade kit.

What it does, is Move the feed to the BACK of Both Rails and leaves the crossover in the front alone.

Now Both Rails will be fed evenly with fuel, and Cylinders 5-7 will be much Safer, again at Higher than delivered HP levels.

Even the Factory Rails are Fed From the Center to make fuel supply as even as possible to all injectors.

Also, the Injectors supplied with the Edelbrock are 52 lb hr.

We Recommend this upgrade along with 65 lb hr. injectors for anything over 550 RWHP.

Anyone with an Edelbrock Supercharger should contact me for this fuel system Upgrade Kit.
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:32 PM   #8
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-eatin-grin View Post
I went with the e-force and my only regret was that I didn't read the piece (post) from Jannetty racing before my install. He pointed out that the fuel rail design on the e-force isn't as good as it could be...and offers an upgrade. When you read about blow-up motors from FI fuel supply and air fuel ratios are always talked about...run out of fuel at high revs or under boost and...pop. Get the JRE fuel rail and 65 lb injecotrs and save yourself from having to do it later and pay for another tune afterwards. Here is the info from JRE. Also.. if you have more money than you know what to do with you may consider stoking the engine adding a blower cam, new clutch and fly while having FI bolted on.

For all you Horsepower Junkies who are looking for more power than what the base Edelbrock system provides, we offer a fuel system upgrade to further improve an already great system.

While doing a 415 Stroker build on a car already equipped with an Edelbrock supercharger we were looking things over on Reassembly.

Looking at the fuel rails, (The Proverbial Light Bulb went on).

I have designed and built thousands of fuel systems over the last 30 years .

Looking at the fuel rails we discovered that the Passenger side Rear of the fuel rail is where the Feed is located, all of the fuel has to pass by all 4 injectors, then across the front of the engine then down the Drivers side Rail.

This pretty much Leaves Cylinders 5-7 Dead last to get fuel, in Higher that delivered HP applications this could be a concern.

There are a lot of Dynamics going on inside the fuel rails, every time a single injector opens is sends a shock wave back through the fuel, like throwing a rock in a Pond.

Also as the fuel is passing by injectors it is losing Pressure.

The Solution is the JRE Edelbrock Fuel system upgrade kit.

What it does, is Move the feed to the BACK of Both Rails and leaves the crossover in the front alone.

Now Both Rails will be fed evenly with fuel, and Cylinders 5-7 will be much Safer, again at Higher than delivered HP levels.

Even the Factory Rails are Fed From the Center to make fuel supply as even as possible to all injectors.

Also, the Injectors supplied with the Edelbrock are 52 lb hr.

We Recommend this upgrade along with 65 lb hr. injectors for anything over 550 RWHP.

Anyone with an Edelbrock Supercharger should contact me for this fuel system Upgrade Kit.
Word! Also look hard at the fuel pumps and consider a dual fuel pump. BAP's do not work beyond 600 rwhp in my opinion. Second consider Meth or e85 to lower temps for safety.
Power is a terrible thing to waste. get all you can but do it safe!
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:37 AM   #9
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Don't have one but I love you avatar

D1SC Procharger 932/758 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 06:53 AM   #10
Slim2SS
Black Thunder

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have the E-Force on my car with a complete Jennetty engine build. I installed the super charger my self it was really very easy to do. The fuel rail system upgrade Jennetty offers was designed off of my car when it was at his shop. It is a absoulute must do with this super charger if you are gonna run anything more then stock. Ask me how I know. The low end torque that they produce is nothing more then amazing!! Mine dynoed in at 615 RWT, And lets face it torque is what sets you in the seat!!
Cooling Mist Water/Meth
3.25 blower pulley
FAST 65 lb. hr. injectors
JRE Edelbrock fuel system upgrade
GM ZR-1 Clutch
Roto Fab CAI
Kooks Headers Jet Hot Coated
Kooks High Flow Cats
3" Magnaflow Stainless Steel Exhaust
Barton Short Throw Shifter
JRE Dyno Tune
Slim2SS is offline   Reply With Quote