Phastek Performance

Old 08-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
n!ght r!der
That Guy

Drives: really good
2011 Dodge Charger on The Fast & Furious 5

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/21/r...et-of-the-fas/

Quote:
Thanks to Autoblog reader Jose Rosario, we can now put the speculation to rest – the 2011 Dodge Charger will indeed receive a new full-width taillamp treatment that echoes that of its two-door Challenger kin. Rosario informs us that these spy shots were taken in Puerto Rico on the set of The Fast and the Furious Five, the latest installment of the durable Vin Diesel street racing franchise.

According to Rosario, the filming appears to be using at least one prototype of the new Charger, "because it has the sides of the current model but has the new front and they added the new rear which light up all in LED lights." The film crew is also using more complete 2011 models, all of which are dressed up as police cars. The cars were used in a chase scene in which two current-model in a matte black finish pull a bank vault along the street, pursued by the Brazilian police cars (Even though the filming is taking place in Puerto Rico, the movie is set in Brazil). Rosario sadly reports that the last scene filmed the day these images were taken were of a current model Charger rear-ending a 2011 model.

Rosario managed to not only get shots of the new taillamps and well-integrated dual exhausts, but also some shots of the front end, which he says looks "more aggressive," including more snout-like grille, new hood, subtly but completely redone headlamps and a revised lower fascia.

As if that weren't enough, our man in PR also scored a shot of the 2011 model's interior, which reveals a much more cohesive look. A new three-spoke steering wheel with redundant audio controls beckons, as does what appears to be a start button. The gauge binnacle eschews the four nacelles of the current car for a more unified cluster that's marked out by a liberal helping of silvery trim and vertically oriented air vents bookend a new infotainment screen. Immediately below the screen, the Charger maintains its simple three-knob HVAC controls (albeit redone), and a step down from there is the CD slot. In the center console, a gated PRNDL surrounded by what looks like faux carbon-fiber trim. All-in-all, it looks like a massive improvement over the dour and workmanlike instrument panel of the outgoing Dodge.

What do you think – will the reborn Dodge Charger and its Chrysler 300 twin offer enough changes to rekindle your interest? Check out our images in the high-res gallery below, and then drop your fellow reader a line in Comments. Thanks for the pics, Rosario!
more pics in the link
Attached Images

n!ght r!der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Awesome.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:40 PM   #3
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
cool
Old 08-22-2010, 10:26 PM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I think Dodge had t-shirts at Woodward this weekend that showed the same style rear end so its a pretty safe bet. I think I like the current look better, but I can see the retro appeal of this design. And I understand why they went in this direction, after all the people that said the current Charger is undeserving of the historical nameplate (I disagree with that opinion, but its popular none-the-less).

Hope the refreshed Charger and 300 give Chrysler Corp a shot in the arm until they get some more good new models into showrooms.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:12 PM   #5
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Holy plain passenger dash side!

But other then that the car looks alright.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:17 AM   #6
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
I will admit it, I don't get why people like this car so much.

Sorry, just not my cup of tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:22 AM   #7
a_Username

I like the SRT-8 Chargers, but the others... just no.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:09 AM   #8
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I am not a fan of the charger or challenger, but I love the way the back end of the new one looks. The front should look more retro. The 69 Charger is one of my favorite old school muscle cars. I can't wait for the new F&F movie

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #9
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Ah, I like it!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:55 AM   #10
bigearl

Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
I will admit it, I don't get why people like this car so much.

Sorry, just not my cup of tea.

Short answer: it's the only American made 8 cylinder sedan being made without stepping up to a caddy CTS-V. And it least it comes with a little bit of attitude.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:03 PM   #11
a_Username

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
Short answer: it's the only American made 8 cylinder sedan being made without stepping up to a caddy CTS-V. And it least it comes with a little bit of attitude.
Well.. there was the Pontiac G8 GT/GXP. COME BACK G8!

Last edited by a_Username; 08-23-2010 at 06:27 PM. Reason: I can't spell pontiac...
Old 08-23-2010, 06:23 PM   #12
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
It's not horrible. I like the Challenger better than the Charger. I just can't get past the 4-door sedan part of Charger. But it's a sharp looking car and I sure see a lot of them on the road.. To each his/her own.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:33 PM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
Well.. there was the Pontiac G8 GT/GXP. COME BACK G8!
There were a bunch of cars, even as little as 2 years ago there were quite a few more choices. But now? To my knowledge only the DTS, CTS-V, Lucerne, Charger, and 300 are available with V8's. Of those, only 3 are RWD and only 2 of those are reasonably affordable.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #14
bigearl

Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
There were a bunch of cars, even as little as 2 years ago there were quite a few more choices. But now? To my knowledge only the DTS, CTS-V, Lucerne, Charger, and 300 are available with V8's. Of those, only 3 are RWD and only 2 of those are reasonably affordable.
They did seem to disappear overnight. G8 was a cool sedan- hope they bring it back so there are some options out there. Seems odd that there are so few full size v8 sedans when that used to be Detroit Bread&Butter.