#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-27-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to lordfriday2
OK my reason to vent.. VERY off topic...

I'm doing this to vent my frustration, feel free to comment or not... I work at a prominent mall in las vegas, it happens to harbor a night club that caters to music that "african americans" particularly like to listen to...

Last night a "prominent rapper" decided to throw a "party" for the release of his "new album" which drew a croud of "african american people" the result was two of them deciding that it was OK to fight eachother and when one of the security officers tried to stop them, 20 of them decided to fight the security officer, this night is an off night no police where there, and usually the "club" is not opened. He was beaten because his backup was that of 3 officers which were not fully equipped (because the company does not equipt us with anything usefull (handcuffs for some officers are still on order) resulting in the four officers that were able to respond to not be able to handle the flux.

they deal with these people on a weekly basis, the owner of the club claims that all people that go there are "first class citizens" and just want to "have fun" but in reality, we deal with the thugs and garbage trash of Las Vegas every day it is open, The males hit on every female that walks past them by assaulting them by grabbing their arms and try to talk to them, force them to talk to them as they leave, they all think they are important. We are ordered to not push people out because they "might become hostile." The place I work at closes every night, and is only OPEN to people that are going to the nightclub...

I am frustrated because officers aren't offered any tools to show that they in control by anyone other than THEM. I hate to say it, but i've heard many of thes thugs and idjits use the fact that the president elect is black so they should be able to do what they want, when they want, how they want, with no reguard for anyone else. makes me sick! I saw this as I was leaving my work area after doing a late night of inventory... if "They" don't want the sterotypes "They" shouldn't act them....
lordfriday2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
I would talk to your city counselor. They can force the owner to have adequate security for any special events. Get them to tie it to the club owners license.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

the property hires its own security, it is up to the owner to hire extra secuity for their own "events" because they are a seperate tenant, and a separate property... all stores in the mall are considered seperate properties..
Old 11-27-2008, 09:24 AM   #4
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfriday2 View Post
the property hires its own security, it is up to the owner to hire extra secuity for their own "events" because they are a seperate tenant, and a separate property... all stores in the mall are considered seperate properties..
Well I would still try and get any crap like what you experienced tied to the clubs lease so that if it continues, they get the boot.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:38 AM   #5
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
First off...keep it civil people...

Secondly...I have to agree. I know many, many respectable African Americans who have worked their way up in society and are very successful. None of them act the way you've described. None of their kids act that way. The ones who DO act this way gain absolutely no respect from me, nor should they ever expect my respect. And, I'm sorry to say, most of the ones that act this way are lazy and just do not want to work.

Reputation is based on your own actions. Act respectable and you will get respect. Act like thugs and criminals and you will get the respect that people give thugs and criminals. Quite simple.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:48 AM   #6
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

I agree Fenwick, I too, know many "respectible" african american people who "worked" their way up to "civilized manner" I was civil in the way I presented my views in the first post... as I stated above, if you don't want the stereotype, don't act it.. in this town, in this "club" they prove that "sterotypes" that "respectible" people in "their" race that "worked" their way up to "civilized" status don't deserve to get. it's a shame really...

as far as the "club" getting a boot, they can't ... they are in litigation with the sister property because of the problems that come from the club, their argument is they are under lease contract with another prominent business that shares their "space." After normal hours, they "take over" that tenant space and have a contact with that tenant... good stuff...
Old 11-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #7
Hylton

Deal with it like you would deal with any other rowdy club.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:56 AM   #8
FenwickHockey65

They should really equip the security there with some form of less-lethal weapon...Tasers or something.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:07 AM   #9
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
The term "African American" almost seems racist to me these days. To me, it's a white dude's PC way of saying "those people". They are black. Black is ok. It's ok to be black.

And it's ok for blacks to be thugs, just like it's ok for whites to be white trash. Just like it's ok for a Lations to be illegals. All of us have a darker side to our race. None of us are proud of the lower end of our spectrum.

All that being said, just quit or sue dude. Well you didn't get scathed from this, but the 4 that did should sue...and likely win for being put in that situation without proper planning or protection. If the night club sponsored this event then legally they are liable for anything that happens because of it.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:29 AM   #10
jimbo57

Drives: 2010 SS, '06 EQUINOX, 72 MONTE
these "parties" are usually way oversold leading to overcrowding and alot of pissed off people. the shows producers should be held accountable. everyones safety should be the utmost concern. i wonder how many of these gems know how to eat with a knife and fork.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #11
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

they aren't considered parties... in vegas, "night clubs" operate as entertainment centers... they usually have dress codes, this one however, has a dres code, though if you pay 100.00 to the door person, they are let in no matter what they have on.. the mall's security only has jurisdiction of the mall, they hire their own security for their tennant space, all i'm an advocate for is more tools for the mall security to overcome the thugs and morons that enter the "club"
Old 11-27-2008, 10:45 AM   #12
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfriday2 View Post
all i'm an advocate for is more tools for the mall security to overcome the thugs and morons that enter the "club"
Solution to your problems...

http://www.taser.com/products/consum...TASERM18L.aspx
Old 11-27-2008, 10:54 AM   #13
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

To Merf,

African American is better to say than "black" here, "black" is a racist term because "blacks" consider it racist, I really wish it was the way you explained it, but it isn't.. and the "club" has no legal responsibility because "legally" they have no reasponsibility for what happens outside of their "tenant" space..

If we went with your philosophy,

White trash doesn't cause nearly the destruction that "thugs" do. latino "illegals" don't think the way "thugs" do...

Look at the population of the US prisons... it isn't white or latino.

At midyear 2007 there were 4,618 black male sentenced prisoners per 100,000 black males in the United States, compared to 1,747 Hispanic male sentenced prisoners per 100,000 Hispanic males and 773 white male sentenced prisoners per 100,000 white males.

In my opinion, "thugs" prove they are far different than "illegals" (who take the jobs that americans don't want" and "white trash" (who tell news reporters about the tornado that ripped their home apart)."
Old 11-27-2008, 10:56 AM   #14
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

mall management wont let security use tasers... I don't work for security, but I see what they have to deal with on a daily basis... end of my story, thank you for your input...