Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-09-2019, 07:37 AM   #15
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Couple things off the top of my head I'd like to see..

active aero trunk lid drop-in replacement with integrated imu so it requires no integration with the canbus system in the car to work.

Brake caliper upgrades that aren't either ridiculously expensive or no longer in production.

Mabye get a little awesome and layer an oled screen on the inside of the entire windshield, then using dual cameras and radar, overlay realtime augmented reality data ....including night/fog vision and have it link in with a custom android auto experience to give you fpv directional cues / business names / street names / speed limits etc.

Maybe a hybrid e-camaro that throws two small electric motors on both front wheels for low speed high torque bursts (or for slow snow driving).

i dont know..plenty of ideas of some fun stuff..
The most realistic of that being the brake calipers, and even then only kinda (needless to say, quality brakes come with quality prices), and perhaps eventually the not-very-Camaro AWD Camaro, if they keep producing them.

Considering a Samsung Galaxy S10+ will run you $1000 for 17 square inches of OLED screen without you even being able to see through it, imagine the costs of doing that for the area of a car windshield (not to mention the expense of developing an Iron Man 2-esque see-through digital display, something even the big tech players haven't developed yet - even if GM pulled it off, it'd make Ford's $18k carbon fiber package for the GT500 look cheap).

The trunk lid active spoiler you could at least do yourself - find yourself an aerodynamicist/engineer, a programmer, a sheet metal worker or two and a couple new trunk assemblies and you might have yourself a business opportunity.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:56 AM   #16
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Couple things off the top of my head I'd like to see..

active aero trunk lid drop-in replacement with integrated imu so it requires no integration with the canbus system in the car to work.

Brake caliper upgrades that aren't either ridiculously expensive or no longer in production.

Mabye get a little awesome and layer an oled screen on the inside of the entire windshield, then using dual cameras and radar, overlay realtime augmented reality data ....including night/fog vision and have it link in with a custom android auto experience to give you fpv directional cues / business names / street names / speed limits etc.

Maybe a hybrid e-camaro that throws two small electric motors on both front wheels for low speed high torque bursts (or for slow snow driving).

i dont know..plenty of ideas of some fun stuff..
To be even remotely effective, active aero needs to know the condition of the car so it would be tough to have one be self contained. Simple spoilers like on the Porsche deploy on speed so you could probably do that without integrating with the car. But if you are looking at real active aero you need to know state of steering and braking.

And what do you want your active aero to do?
Old 11-09-2019, 09:49 AM   #17
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
To the Op, the Camaro as we know it is dying and will be gone after 2023! The crown jewel of Chevrolet will be the C8 Corvette! After reading about Ford designers using Mustang cues on a new SUV then it wouldn’t surprise me to see Chevy do the same which I think is already here, the Trailblazer!
Old 11-09-2019, 12:44 PM   #18
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Camaro is a maybe, but if it's gone there is no way the c8 will be the only performance car from Chevrolet.

When it disappeared before we got the GTO. There will be a replacement affordable performance car when or soon after.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:19 PM   #19
B8TTYVILLEKID

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 2 SS
Just got back from the show. Seems like every year it gets more and more about big jacked up trucks. I suppose its because wheels and lift kits sell better than hot rod stuff in general. My opinion is the fact you have several options to buy a 450-650 hp car off the floor has diminished the need for the every day guy to even want to mess with his car. I didn't even see that many C8's and Chevy was really annoying with how they "unveiled" everything about the car on an hour timeline. They would literally repeat the same process every hour or so.
B8TTYVILLEKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 02:22 AM   #20
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Not sure I agree with that... here's another perspective:

2016 Chevy introduced the ZL1. Ford took 4 years longer to give the 500.

2018 Chevy introduced the E-Copo. Ford took 1 year longer to show the dragon snake E-stang.

2019 Chevy introduced the mid-Engine C8. Ford stopped making the GT.

You do know all that's happened with the Gen 6 is a result of the 5th Gen destroying expectations now that the luster has worn off GM is crippling the old guard from the Gen 5 and shipping them to other projects or giving out severance packages.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:11 AM   #21
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Mary Barra is pre occupied in turning GM into a car Co. for women/electric cars. They hate gas, grease and mechanical noises.
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:24 AM   #22
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by B8TTYVILLEKID View Post
Just got back from the show. Seems like every year it gets more and more about big jacked up trucks. I suppose its because wheels and lift kits sell better than hot rod stuff in general. My opinion is the fact you have several options to buy a 450-650 hp car off the floor has diminished the need for the every day guy to even want to mess with his car. I didn't even see that many C8's and Chevy was really annoying with how they "unveiled" everything about the car on an hour timeline. They would literally repeat the same process every hour or so.
Lets face it..GM has no clue how to sell and promote the vehicles they build. I mean look at the stupid snowflake ads they produce. ...Yeh...snowflakes....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:28 PM   #23
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Agree Mighty Mouce on both replies you posted!!��
Old 11-11-2019, 10:35 AM   #24
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouce View Post
Lets face it..GM has no clue how to sell and promote the vehicles they build. I mean look at the stupid snowflake ads they produce. ...Yeh...snowflakes....

Now thats a dumbass weak ad. Sad if thats the best they can do. GM needs a good revamping from the Top down.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:50 AM   #25
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Mary Barra is pre occupied in turning GM into a car Co. for women/electric cars. They hate gas, grease and mechanical noises.
Can't disagree with that.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:02 AM   #26
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Because bro dozers is new thing for sema this year. wireless driveline, half baked, half finished projects.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:46 PM   #27
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
LOL......from the look of the results and GM's global market standing, she is pre-occupied making GM stronger and more competitive.

The world is changing, companies have to change with it or fade away.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:16 PM   #28
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Quote:
+1