Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 08-17-2015, 09:31 PM   #15
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post
My complaint with wraps and non-painted stripes (as well as invisible bras) is that they are not shiny, don't have a clear coat, and can't be waxed. (Is there a wrap that has a similar finish to a clearcoat and can be waxed?)

I'm not a fan of the dramatic line you can feel when washing the car, and where dirt seems to collect.

Now, I suppose if you wrap the whole body panel in material, you won't get those lines, and if both of these complaints is satisfied, I'd probably CF wrap the spoiler and rear splitter/diffuser thing.
That is the cool thing with dips. You can have them cleared.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:52 PM   #16
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Like this:

Clear coat and sand & buff it. Sheesh, that looks like a little bit of work.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:13 AM   #17
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefirstcause View Post
We had an official dovetail style spoiler revealed last week along with the ground effects body kits. I'll be getting it when I place my order.
We currently have no details about this spoiler yet, but some red flags:
  • It's only been shown on the RS so far in drawings. It's absent on all renderings of the SS with GFX
  • GFX and dovetail are a dealer-installed option
  • SS stock spoiler is a factory installed option. Spoiler delete was confirmed not to be an option.

So my bet is you can't get an SS with a dovetail without some substantial work done to the decklid. It's probably not going to be as simple as removing the stock SS spoiler and installing the dovetail. If you're willing to shell out the money, though, anything can be done.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:38 AM   #18
thefirstcause

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, 2009 Mazda6 GT V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
We currently have no details about this spoiler yet, but some red flags:
  • It's only been shown on the RS so far in drawings. It's absent on all renderings of the SS with GFX
  • GFX and dovetail are a dealer-installed option
  • SS stock spoiler is a factory installed option. Spoiler delete was confirmed not to be an option.

So my bet is you can't get an SS with a dovetail without some substantial work done to the decklid. It's probably not going to be as simple as removing the stock SS spoiler and installing the dovetail. If you're willing to shell out the money, though, anything can be done.
Good points. Haha maybe Chevy has been tricky with wording 'well you can't do a spoiler delete and have a no spoiler SS... but hey we do have this nifty dovetail thing we will just tease a little right now. It might... or might not be ready for launch... just like the rest of these cool accessories we have pictures of.'
thefirstcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:28 AM   #19
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
OP, if wrapping possiblety is your concern then don't worry because i dont think there is much of diffrence in the design of the 5gen and 6.and im not wrong i believe you ordered your car in summit white.this is what it would look like with gloss black vinyl wrapping.atleast thats what im going to do with my car.photoshop credit to chrisvr6
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:49 PM   #20
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post
Like this:

Clear coat and sand & buff it. Sheesh, that looks like a little bit of work.
E-mailed these guys with no response...
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:35 AM   #21
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
That's too bad. I wonder if it's a common technique. I'd certainly like to see CF under clearcoat, and be able wash and wax it like the rest of the paint.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote