Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 10-13-2015, 06:50 PM   #1
jlcustomz

Drives: 83 el camaro
construction of new headlights????

Planning on swapping out my 2010 Camaro nose el camino conversion to a combination of 2015 & 2016 features. I handmade my current headlights, back in 09', Making the halo ring by bending an acrylic rod & scoring the backside to give the intended eyeball look.
On the 2016 light, wondering about the construction & lighting of the DRL on how to make my own, since this is a huge first site feature of the new model.Any info would be appreciated.

New light.

Pic of my current handmade lights & modded to fit nose conversion.
jlcustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:59 PM   #2
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
El Camarno! Nice work, looks like you have a few hours into it.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 02:09 PM   #3
jlcustomz

Drives: 83 el camaro
Did a little experimenting with some 1/2" x 2" clear lexan & some module & linear strip blue led lights I have laying around. Sanding the lower side of the plastic gives the desired effect.
The front edge of the factory German made running light is likely a molded in cob continuous design. I may be able to cut the same appearance into the front & possibly with rope light , light up from the back & or the underneath to give a continuous light look, though it may not be as bright as the factory unit appears to be during daylight.

Haven't found anyone between several different forums to have any knowledge of the latest running light technology.
jlcustomz is offline   Reply With Quote