Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-18-2017, 11:00 AM   #15
Adp2017

Drives: 2017 RS Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwelch69 View Post
Me neither, so I painted it with matte black engine paint! can't even see it now!
Not a bad idea

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq

ZZP Intercooler | ZZP Catted DP | Magnaflow Catback | Injen CAI | Tuned (BBR) | CNC Honed Turbo (TPC) w 14lb actuator
Adp2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:42 PM   #16
Beast-Y-Blue

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro turbo
My exhaust finally sounds awesome... honestly I spent hundreds less and I think it sounds better than any other axle back system I ever heard and it cost me a lot less. Had I known what I know now i would have saved myself a lot more.
-first I did a muffler delete (cost $80) and it sounded great love the sound but wanted it a little louder and deeper. At the time of the mufflers delete I was waiting for my zzp catless DP. Came in a couple days after my muffler delete so went back and had it installed.... O...M...G... did the exhaust get way too loud... you could have heard me a mile away. I drove it for a week and got more and more annoyed but I actually had the best gas mileage ever cause I simply did not like to step on the throttle much at all... it was just ridiculous.... I consulted.the muffler shop again for and cheaper option... it was either put the stock muffler back or find something inexpensive that would sound good and not loose performance. So he suggested 2 MagnaFlow glasspack mufflers, they are a straight through design.They were cheap$ 200 including install. I must say I am so happy ..I love the fact that at low rpm it sounds great but not loud but still deep... but at open throttle is get way louder, nice deep clean sound , (doesn't sound like the fart can like with the stock muffler delete and catless set up I had) . The glasspack muffler are really cheap.. one. EBay I saw them for like $40 to $50 each. If I knew this from the start. I wouldn't have spent $80 for the mufflers delete, and I would have purchased those mufflers myself for about $80 to $100 shipped , and could have just paid $80 the remove stock muffler and install those glasspacks....
I highly recommend any one looking for great sound and performance on the LTG I4 to first get a catless downpipe.... it's a must ... sounds great and gives great power, and MagnaFlow mufflers... I got the cheapest mufflers but it sure sound awesome in conjunction with the DP catless

Check me on IG for sound clips Gen6turbo

Last edited by Beast-Y-Blue; 04-19-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Beast-Y-Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:17 PM   #17
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast-Y-Blue View Post
My exhaust finally sounds awesome... honestly I spent hundreds less and I think it sounds better than any other axle back system I ever heard and it cost me a lot less. Had I known what I know now i would have saved myself a lot more.
-first I did a muffler delete (cost $80) and it sounded great love the sound but wanted it a little louder and deeper. At the time of the mufflers delete I was waiting for my zzp catless DP. Came in a couple days after my muffler delete so went back and had it installed.... O...M...G... did the exhaust get way too loud... you could have heard me a mile away. I drove it for a week and got more and more annoyed but I actually had the best gas mileage ever cause I simply did not like to step on the throttle much at all... it was just ridiculous.... I consulted.the muffler shop again for and cheaper option... it was either put the stock muffler back or find something inexpensive that would sound good and not loose performance. So he suggested 2 MagnaFlow glasspack mufflers, they are a straight through design.They were cheap$ 200 including install. I must say I am so happy ..I love the fact that at low rpm it sounds great but not loud but still deep... but at open throttle is get way louder, nice deep clean sound , (doesn't sound like the fart can like with the stock muffler delete and catless set up I had) . The glasspack muffler are really cheap.. one. EBay I saw them for like $40 to $50 each. If I knew this from the start. I wouldn't have spent $80 for the mufflers delete, and I would have purchased those mufflers myself for about $100 , and could have just paid $80 the remove stock muffler and install those glasspacks....
I highly recommend any one looking for great sound and performance on the LTG I4 to first get a catless downpipe.... it's a must ... sounds great and gives great power, and MagnaFlow mufflers... I got the cheapest mufflers but it sure sound awesome in conjunction with the DP catless

the ZZP DP is a must catted or catless it makes a much more enjoyable exhaust experience.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:07 PM   #18
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast-Y-Blue View Post
-first I did a muffler delete (cost $80) and it sounded great love the sound but wanted it a little louder and deeper. At the time of the mufflers delete I was waiting for my zzp catless DP. Came in a couple days after my muffler delete so went back and had it installed.... O...M...G... did the exhaust get way too loud... you could have heard me a mile away. I drove it for a week and got more and more annoyed but I actually had the best gas mileage ever cause I simply did not like to step on the throttle much at all... it was just ridiculous.... I consulted.the muffler shop again for and cheaper option... it was either put the stock muffler back or find something inexpensive that would sound good and not loose performance. So he suggested 2 MagnaFlow glasspack mufflers, they are a straight through design.They were cheap$ 200 including install. I must say I am so happy ..I love the fact that at low rpm it sounds great but not loud but still deep... but at open throttle is get way louder, nice deep clean sound , (doesn't sound like the fart can like with the stock muffler delete and catless set up I had) . The glasspack muffler are really cheap.. one. EBay I saw them for like $40 to $50 each. If I knew this from the start. I wouldn't have spent $80 for the mufflers delete, and I would have purchased those mufflers myself for about $100 , and could have just paid $80 the remove stock muffler and install those glasspacks....

What size and length glass packs did you go with? Please post a sound clip.

Last edited by Start The Machine; 04-18-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:16 AM   #19
RedDragon16

Drives: Red Hot Camaro Forced Inducted
I follow this guy on Instagram his ride does sound sweet! I'm ordering the Magnaflows today, part number 10416 is the one that seems will fit the best. its a 4in round with 2.5 entrance and exit.

2009 Audi A4 Quattro My daily driver
2016 Red Hot Camaro Turbo RS- Injen Cold Air- RPM motorsports Catless Downpipe- MagnaFlow Exhaust -Tune- MRR Z28 Replicas- Full Color Change Wrap-
RedDragon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:38 AM   #20
Adp2017

I ordered the ZZP Catted DP and magnaflow catback exhaust last night! This thread makes me think I made the right choice. Now to hurry up and wait...

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq

ZZP Intercooler | ZZP Catted DP | Magnaflow Catback | Injen CAI | Tuned (BBR) | CNC Honed Turbo (TPC) w 14lb actuator
Old 04-19-2017, 09:45 AM   #21
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adp2017 View Post
I ordered the ZZP Catted DP and magnaflow catback exhaust last night! This thread makes me think I made the right choice. Now to hurry up and wait...
You're going to smoke me at the half mile lol!
Be interesting to see the differences of stock vs. your setup...
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #22
Adp2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
You're going to smoke me at the half mile lol!
Be interesting to see the differences of stock vs. your setup...
Yes it will be interesting for sure! I am trying to find a local tuner to help me out once I am fully bolted. I sent out some feeler emails yesterday so hopefully someone local will help me out and we can get some pre and post tuning numbers.

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq

Old 04-19-2017, 12:38 PM   #23
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Ha your trying to get all tuned up for camarofest.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 04-19-2017, 01:40 PM   #24
Adp2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Ha your trying to get all tuned up for camarofest.
you know it!

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq

Old 04-19-2017, 01:49 PM   #25
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

I so wanna have fun there. I wonder how well we'll do. I need to get to the strip some beforehand.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:50 PM   #26
Adp2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I so wanna have fun there. I wonder how well we'll do. I need to get to the strip some beforehand.
Me too man, it will be cool to represent the turbo models. I'm sure we will surprise some ppl with the capability of our rides

I'm going to try to get two or three tests n tune nights in before then for sure

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq

Old 04-19-2017, 04:55 PM   #27
Beast-Y-Blue

sound clip as I stated on Instagram ... member name is gen6turbo . I also have a few old videos on youtube . I have yet to upload the new set up on youtube but I will soon. in the meantime you can access my youtube channel from my IG bio link.
I used the 22in glasspack. it also comes in 14 inches but I suppose the 22inch cleans up the noise and distortion a little more and im guessing 14inch may be slightly louder... either way it sounds good with the catless downpipe.

***** follow me @ gen6turbo for sound clip on instagram******
Old 04-19-2017, 05:01 PM   #28
Beast-Y-Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
What size and length glass packs did you go with? Please post a sound clip.

sound clip as I stated on Instagram ... member name is gen6turbo . I also have a few old videos on youtube . I have yet to upload the new set up on youtube but I will soon. in the meantime you can access my youtube channel from my IG bio link.
I used the 22in glasspack. it also comes in 14 inches but I suppose the 22inch cleans up the noise and distortion a little more and im guessing 14inch may be slightly louder... either way it sounds good with the catless downpipe.

***** follow me @ gen6turbo for sound clip on instagram******