Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 04-26-2017, 02:06 PM   #29
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Thats crazy the sound changed so much. Would not have guessed that..
I have a question about the JacFab charge pipe. In the pictures , it kinda looks like it pinches down at the bottom? Is that to accept the factory pipe?
Yes, it necks down at the bottom through a billet aluminum reducer to connect to the stock intercooler tube.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:11 PM   #30
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Cool, well I can easily say this changed the sound of the exhaust on my car. It's a lot louder but almost deeper at the same time. Possibly the combination of the 3" Charge Pipe and the 72mm TB is my guess because it sounded different pre-tune. I can also say the Metal Charge Pipe actually makes everything louder I think the plastic one was keeping the sound down quite a bit. My thoughts are the increased airflow may be the reason behind it.
I don't see how a t/b and charge pipe would change exhaust tone. Or at least not at an audible level. I could believe it would have an effect on intake noise, obviously. If you happen to have a before/after video, I'd love to check it out!

A lot of people get overly sensitive about whatever new mod they've added. I've seen it hundreds of times. They've spent the dough, and they really want to believe whatever widget is doing more than the manufacturer claimed! (Not you personally) They swear they have the worlds best calibrated butt dyno and can really FEEL that extra 2hp! People also forget that they get very familiar with their car. While you may think you hear/feel something different, you're probably the only one that will ever notice. Not that it's a bad thing! We all want to believe that our money was well spent!

If you took an average (non-car person) off the street, gave them 2 equally prepared cars with the cars having a minor difference like an airfilter, told them to drive them back to back and tell you which one feels faster, I'd bet 99/100 wouldn't/couldn't tell a difference.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:27 PM   #31
psykostevo

Drives: Smart
Quote:
Originally Posted by oemtech View Post
I use to sell the SGII when I had my RV business. Fairly simple to use and is mostly Plug & Play. But, not all PIDs are pre-programmed. You can add extra gauges assuming there is sensor reporting the info. The SGII supports just about all the protocols including CAN-BUS, You can even hook 2 of them together and display 8 different gauges.

I still have a couple of SGII demo units.

Agree 100%... I have a Diablo Trinity that I use to Data Log.
I drove a car with the SGII and it's Boost PID was not pulling the actual Boost value from the ECU, FYI. Customer could have had it configured wrong or something too, I'm no expert with that gauge.
psykostevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:01 PM   #32
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
I don't see how a t/b and charge pipe would change exhaust tone. Or at least not at an audible level. I could believe it would have an effect on intake noise, obviously. If you happen to have a before/after video, I'd love to check it out!

A lot of people get overly sensitive about whatever new mod they've added. I've seen it hundreds of times. They've spent the dough, and they really want to believe whatever widget is doing more than the manufacturer claimed! (Not you personally) They swear they have the worlds best calibrated butt dyno and can really FEEL that extra 2hp! People also forget that they get very familiar with their car. While you may think you hear/feel something different, you're probably the only one that will ever notice. Not that it's a bad thing! We all want to believe that our money was well spent!

If you took an average (non-car person) off the street, gave them 2 equally prepared cars with the cars having a minor difference like an airfilter, told them to drive them back to back and tell you which one feels faster, I'd bet 99/100 wouldn't/couldn't tell a difference.
Uploading a video to youtube right now. I noticed it but the guys in the club noticed it as well. When I do an outside video it'll likely be more evident. It's processing. YouTube or my connection is a little slow. Plus I didn't pay for this dyno and I did catch your not you part but I do hear what your saying.

Oh ya sorry for the upside down video on the new one.

Tune, 3" Charge Pipe, 72mm TB, CAI, Axle-Back & Downpipe

CAI, Axle-Back & Downpipe

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile

Last edited by Evil-Bee-NH; 04-26-2017 at 09:15 PM.
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:31 AM   #33
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
I haven't honestly dealt with video editing yet and the video has two phases one right side up and one not. GoPro still hasn't figured out the solution to a universal mount. I'll likely re-shoot the video but figured i'd post one for now to get my butt in gear.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 05-06-2017, 12:18 AM   #34
notoriousstad

Drives: none
Quote:
The only way to tell if it hurts or helps performance is a dyno run of before and after, which I don't have access to.
Want something tested......
I have unlimited dynojet access.
as wel as a Super FLOW SF600
Langston 96' Caprice 9C1 Beater
Rosie - 67' El Co - race truck w/ plates
NoName - 73' Datsun 620 - LS7/TR6060/4.56/T2/NREMITT/9C1 guts
notoriousstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:51 AM   #35
b0bsaget007

Drives: 2016 2LT RS Blue Velvet
Quote:
If I understand this correctly... If the gauge shows 20 psi boost, your using a 2 bar map and you take out 1 atmosphere of pressure (14.7) you get the real boost number or 5.3 psi of boost.

I am checking this with my SGII guy.
Nope. 20 PSI boost is that much ABOVE ambient/atmospheric pressure. They're also 3 bar MAP sensors, else they wouldn't be able to read boost pressure that high.

PC: i5-6600; RX 480 4GB; 16GB DDR4; Samsung 950 PRO 512GB SSD
Car: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS 2.0T 6M Blue Velvet Metallic | ZZP Hi-Flow Catted Downpipe | Injen EVO7300 Cold Air Intake
b0bsaget007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:59 PM   #36
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

So nice to have options. What I think a lot of people don't know is how limited the 5th Gen Base Model was. We've already surpassed it in terms of direct aftermarket availability short of complete custom shop cars in less then 2 years.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:04 PM   #37
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
So nice to have options. What I think a lot of people don't know is how limited the 5th Gen Base Model was. We've already surpassed it in terms of direct aftermarket availability short of complete custom shop cars in less then 2 years.
Putting the LTG turbo 4 into the Camaro was genius!!
Old 05-06-2017, 08:20 PM   #38
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
Putting the LTG turbo 4 into the Camaro was genius!!
I agree they had to do something to compete with the mustang in that market I know the 2.3EB is no slouch and I really think the V6 days are numbered for the Camaro as well.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:56 PM   #39
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
I agree they had to do something to compete with the mustang in that market I know the 2.3EB is no slouch and I really think the V6 days are numbered for the Camaro as well.
Yep, our turbo section is absolutely exploding. This little gem of a platform is raising some eyebrows for sure.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:08 PM   #40
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
High Feature V6's aren't going anywhere any time soon. GM made a massive investment in those engines, not just in Camaros. They power damned near everything in the lineup nowadays.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:09 AM   #41
15CamaroV6

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro I4 Turbo
I need a tube now. Got the throttle body on order. Where's the tubes??????
15CamaroV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:31 AM   #42
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
TB Kits - Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15CamaroV6 View Post
I need a tube now. Got the throttle body on order. Where's the tubes??????

Which throttle body?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote