Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-05-2023, 01:54 PM   #43
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1gen6 View Post
For all those that believe GM is terrible at marketing, what exactly would you do differently? And, please describe some missed target audiences, and how you would reach and appeal to them.

As far as Gen 6, GM builds, and has built as many as they could sell. It's definitely a niche and enthusiast vehicle. Those who care about such things know.
Dodge had been a distant 3rd with the Challenger until GM gave up on the Camaro, so an obvious missed target audience is new and, to some extent, repeat Challenger buyers since 2018.

Now whether that segment is worth pursuing is another question, GM thought it wasn't, so it stopped investing and the Challenger has moved from #3 to trading #1 and #2 places with the Mustang, while the Camaro is and will most likely remain the distant #3 now.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 01:58 PM   #44
79 TransAm that never was

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1 6.2 MT6
Say what you will about the styling, some like it, some not. I'd be embarrassed to admit that I bought such a high ticket item that I didn't like the looks of. Sorta like going to the bar, picking up the ugliest girl, marrying her, and then going to her friends and complaining about her looks!
I like the styling and especially like the fact that the G6 Camaro looks different than all of the others.
Unlike the millions of cookie cutter SUV's that look like each other, the Camaro has it's own style. A style unlike all of the others.
You don't see many on the roads, so like them or not, when you see a Camaro on the road they stand out.
Want boring? Buy a mini van or SUV.
79 TransAm that never was is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 02:02 PM   #45
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
I have had at least one generation of the Camaro with the exception of the 2nd. My heart is split between a 69 Camaro and 6th Gen ZL1, still trying to figure would which route I’m going. The car isn’t for everyone, I would love to see the breakdown of Female and Male buyers of each Camaro, Challenger and Ford. You can’t sell what you don’t build. Lots of reasons the other 2 outsell, lower trims pricing, complaints of seeing outward, etc but I still think it’s the best pony car of the 3 with a manual transmission. The good, prices are still up and you can sell the Camaro and move on to an auto you prefer more.
From a strictly styling point of view I couldn't agree more. Just get the '69 if you enjoy reminiscing nostalgically about how the older cars were faster (untrue), and "why can't they make'em like they used to?"
Of course you'll also have to live with wooden brakes and steering that's 23 turns lock to lock (yes I'm exaggerating, but it will feel like it).

But if you plan to enjoy operating it, not just staring at it, get a 6th Gen. GM just out did themselves in its engineering wise. Look back at a 1967 Camaro, particularly the back bumper. Notice something a bit odd?

It's the back-up (reverse) lights. They are dangling off the bottom of the bumper, held in place by drilling a hole and bolting it. IOW- an add on! Somebody said, "hey, wait a minute, we gotta put some more lights in the back!". Now look at the '68 and those lights are nicely incorporated into the bumber body.

My point is the very first 1st Gen. was a thrown together "parts bin" car that lucked out and the 6th Gen. is a "from the ground up" thought through design that exceeds the sum of its parts and gives us "poor guys" a chance to enjoy some very serious driving. BTW- that 1st Gen gonna cost you alot more $$.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 02:04 PM   #46
Drfievez

Drives: 2021 Audi A5, 2014 RAM 1500
Those are nice pictures of your call. Great idea.
Drfievez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 02:17 PM   #47
CamaroRSOnt

Drives: 2023 SS Vert
My first Camaro was a '78 Z28, what a piece of crap compared to this generation of Camaro's. When you buy a 60's or 70's muscle car unless it is a rest-o-mod it is all about nostalgia, not performance. Friend had a early 60's 'Vette that was a rest-o-mod, nice car, handled well, impressive. By the way the 10 spd auto is probably the best tranny I have ever had in a car, silky smooth and smart.

My RS is a V6 and as fast as those SS's in '69 and handles way better with all the tech goodies. I had a C7, the SS is every bit the car the 'Vette was, that's why I chose to go with one vs the C8. Not big on the C8 look, too many lines, prefer simpler lines, less rectangles.

Except for the 90's always liked the Camaro styling. My brother had a '67 Mustang, cool at the time but a dog in handling and power wise compared to today's vehicles. Always preferred the Camaro look over the Mustang, still do. In the end though , your money, buy what you want.
2014 C7 Z51
2020 RS Convertible
2023 2SS Convertible
CamaroRSOnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 02:35 PM   #48
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear141 View Post
If I could change anything it would be the styling. I bought for the name/heritage and the performance!!! and the clear indication that GM had gone full virtue signaler. I believe most of us think that pre 4th gen our cars had a beautifully aggressive appearance that said F off without actually saying it. They really missed the mark in the decades since. You want to compete with the big 3? Give us something that resembles an American kick ass muscle car instead of something that looks like it came out of Europe or Asia. Hell Corvettes used to be gorgeous, now they look like Italian super cars- no thank you. 99% of people I come in contact with don’t have any idea what I’m driving. Just proves in my opinion why Ford and Dodge outsell Chevy consistently by large margins. My bias is making me tolerate this car’s appearance, not my rational side. I do appreciate certain parts of my car, appearance wise, but I’m no longer blinded by my bias. Chevy has failed its consumer’s and by extension itself. In the meantime I’ll enjoy what I have, reminisce about the past and shed a tear for what could have been. Happy to answer questions and respond to the negatives.
Still not a fan of the 6th gen styling either. Had a few tell me a few years back when I was going between my 2015 1le or a 2016/17 Camaro that the 6th gen styling would grow on me and eventually I would would come around to it. Well in the end, I ended up with my 2015 and haven't regretted since. As for the 6th gen styling growing on me....not in the least bit.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 02:36 PM   #49
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Here is my thoughts on the subject. I personally like the design and look of all Camaro trims and front ends although the 19 SS a little less. The car puts a smile on face on the twisties and curves, in a straight line and that V8 sounds good. It is my forever car. The visibility is not bad for me and due to past professions I have driven a lot of vehicles to which I make my claims on and my now three year ownership of the car.

Someone in here mentioned something a long the lines of Costumers decide what is going to sell not anyone else and I believe this. GM chose not to have marketing for the Camaro and chose to focus on their pickup trucks and SUVs instead. I recently read on this site an article that GM is investing in the next Gen V8s for fullsize trucks and SUVs to help them remain competitive in the coming decades. Which to be fair Pickups are the big 3s bread and butter and those customers they don't want to lose out on. Things like the Subaru Crosstrek are another thing people like due to pricing and reliability. That is what people are going after. Ford is going to be getting a lot of sales with their Mustang from Dodge and Chevy after it remains the only one with a V8 remaining so I see that doing well too with them sucking up shares from the competitors. I didn't mention EVs cause I didn't want that to start another round of that talk so I left it out.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 02:59 PM   #50
HemiDave

Drives: ZLE/DEMON/GLADIATOR/GSXR1000R/ZX10R
I love my ZLE and I love my Demon.

American Muscle.

That is all.

2018 Dodge Demon #1399
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6 speed manual
2023 ZL1 1LE 6 speed manual
2018 Suzuki GSXR 1000R
2021 Kawasaki ZX10R
HemiDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 03:02 PM   #51
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
styling was perfect for 3 years. clean, sharp, modern, like camaro's are supposed to be.
Old 03-05-2023, 03:20 PM   #52
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Yeah. New platforms cost billion$. You need to be able to get enough volume off of the platform to justify the cost. Except for Corvette. Corvette can cover the cost by staying on the same platform with gradual improvements over a longer timespan. When F-body was in full swing, Camaro and Firebird volume was enough to cover the costs. With no Pontiac, that left just Camaro. Not enough volume for a unique platform. Sigma (CTS, STS, SRX) was a Cadillac platform and they weren’t in the mood to share it. Plus there were a number of additional programs targeted to go on Sigma, so Camaro was way down the list. The first time Zeta was considered it didn’t work because the only module for it was in Australia. There is a cap on volume that could be imported from Australia. GTO / Chevy SS volume worked but it was too low for what Camaro needed. So the idea of duplicating the platform in Oshawa got support and that’s where 5th Gen came in. By the time Alpha came along, different leadership in Cadillac that also realized Camaro volume would help spread the cost of the platform to make a better business case for ATS / CTS.

Strategic shifts are most often about the numbers.
Glad Cadillac agreed to share the Alpha platform with the Camaro. Back in the 60s and 70s GM was known for sharing platforms among divisions. I guess Cadillac became protective at some point trying to be more exclusive than other divisions. In today's environment and with a trimmer GM, it makes economic sense to share platforms where possible.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 03:51 PM   #53
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper the friendly G View Post
EVs ain't going nowhere fast. They are dying on the vine as we speak.
I know. Tesla outselling BMW and Mercedes is just a fluke.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 04:00 PM   #54
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzzzzaForPresident View Post
That's pure nonsense. What year did this supposed ad campaign start? The first? Its sales were steadily increasing year over year from day one.
One thing Dodge did do, at least in the Metro Detroit area, for about a year or more you could lease a 5.7L Charger or Challenger for ridiculously low prices. I’m talking $200-250 a month lease. People who had never driven a performance car before were getting their hands on them and hooning it up as if they had a Hellcat. For a couple years I couldn’t go a day without somebody pulling up next to me with his Hemi to challenge me at a light. They didn’t know or care that I had about 80 more hp and torque, about 300 lbs less mass (even as a convertible) and tires that could actually grip. They had a Hemi so they were king of the world. I never took the bait. Well, twice I took the bait. One time I spanked a Challenger that still had temporary plates. But I was driving a BMW i3 at the time. The other time was from a roll on the expressway. I was driving top down while towing my bike. That was before headers, E85 and tune.

This pic was taken when I arrived at the park after roasting the Challenger.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Last edited by Martinjlm; 03-05-2023 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-05-2023, 04:35 PM   #55
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
I like the way the 17-18 1LE looks. Do I think it’s the best design in history, no, but it’s pleasant and the front end fits naturally with the rest of the car.

The facelifts got too busy in my opinion. Still a damn good performance car underneath though.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 04:56 PM   #56
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
I like the way the 17-18 1LE looks. Do I think it’s the best design in history, no, but it’s pleasant and the front end fits naturally with the rest of the car.

The facelifts got too busy in my opinion. Still a damn good performance car underneath though.
I do really like the light signature of the 19+. Looks angry AF at night and it’s unmistakably a Camaro SS.