Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 07-01-2017, 09:00 PM   #141
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Updated welcome to the crew SUN. Anyways been a lot of discussion about how accurate the on-board system is both me and Jason have logged the cars doing .5s faster in HPTuners. For now i'm not going to do adjusted times until I pick on some GM brains at a few events. Maybe i'll get to meet someone in R&D @ CamaroFest 7 and ask.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:48 PM   #142
SUN

Drives: Camaro 2.0 2017 8 speeds
when my parts is on the Camaro , I will go to test at Napierville ,near to Montreal , and I will check the 0-100 at the track versus 1/4 mile time if is on error...
SUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 04:56 PM   #143
SUN

I go to my local track today at pont Rouge, 100% stock and very humid result : 1.87 in 60 ft 14.09 at 96.40mph ... not bad , it s a 60 ft to go 13.70 easy with better air
Old 07-02-2017, 05:54 PM   #144
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUN View Post
I go to my local track today at pont Rouge, 100% stock and very humid result : 1.87 in 60 ft 14.09 at 96.40mph ... not bad , it s a 60 ft to go 13.70 easy with better air
Very nice !!
Old 07-05-2017, 02:53 PM   #145
dekes1

Drives: Camaro like
FYI - the new G-Tech Pro (the 2017 model #701) is a true 50hz speed meter. It's as accurate as most of the Racelogic Vbox units but sells for only about $299. I've compared mine on 2 runs down the strip and the G-tech times were only 3% off from the drag strip recorded times.
(BTW, I'm envious of you Camaro guys with the performance meter in your DIC. My ATS does not have such a luxury )
dekes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:08 PM   #146
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekes1 View Post
FYI - the new G-Tech Pro (the 2017 model #701) is a true 50hz speed meter. It's as accurate as most of the Racelogic Vbox units but sells for only about $299. I've compared mine on 2 runs down the strip and the G-tech times were only 3% off from the drag strip recorded times.
(BTW, I'm envious of you Camaro guys with the performance meter in your DIC. My ATS does not have such a luxury )
Hmmm... I'd like to have that! Maybe one day when I have some extra cash to blow...

So while browsing the v6 forum, someone mentioned kind of a "work around" for the $#!77y dash timers that start by themselves before the car starts moving... If you have the timer "controls" open and have reset ready to go, you can bring your rpms up and hit reset, then GO... This will shave a lot of that "dead time" off you normally spend preparing for the launch when the timer starts counting and you aren't moving. I'm still getting used to it myself, it will take some practice to get the timing right, but I find that the times using this method are much closer to the times that my p3 gauge is showing, which is good. Right now dash to p3 difference are varying from .1 to .3, where as before, not doing the reset trick it was typically .5 or higher depending on my pre-launch prep time...

For instance, I ran a 4.4 on the dash and the p3 gauge said 4.1 this morning. With practice, and a good launch, I'm sure a guy could probably get them to darn near match, and have more accurate times on the dash timer.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:43 PM   #147
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Hmmm... I'd like to have that! Maybe one day when I have some extra cash to blow...

So while browsing the v6 forum, someone mentioned kind of a "work around" for the $#!77y dash timers that start by themselves before the car starts moving... If you have the timer "controls" open and have reset ready to go, you can bring your rpms up and hit reset, then GO... This will shave a lot of that "dead time" off you normally spend preparing for the launch when the timer starts counting and you aren't moving. I'm still getting used to it myself, it will take some practice to get the timing right, but I find that the times using this method are much closer to the times that my p3 gauge is showing, which is good. Right now dash to p3 difference are varying from .1 to .3, where as before, not doing the reset trick it was typically .5 or higher depending on my pre-launch prep time...

For instance, I ran a 4.4 on the dash and the p3 gauge said 4.1 this morning. With practice, and a good launch, I'm sure a guy could probably get them to darn near match, and have more accurate times on the dash timer.

I'm gonna be trying this today
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:21 PM   #148
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Old 07-07-2017, 09:25 AM   #149
Jason@JacFab

Official I4 CAMARO6.COM 0 to 60 MPH Times

Changed spark plugs yesterday, Made a tune change this morning, used the reset trick and ran this

Couple notes on the reset trick... Reset too soon and the car still starts counting before you move, can see the timer start in the background while the screen refreshes... Reset too late and the timer will never start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2017, 09:51 AM   #150
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Wow Jason, you are getting that car dialed in. Great job!!
Old 07-07-2017, 11:31 AM   #151
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
Wow Jason, you are getting that car dialed in. Great job!!
Thanks, it's coming along. I think this was all reset trick here. I did not have the p3 gauge plugged in as I was logging with hptuners, can't do both at the same time, even with a obd2 splitter unfortunately.

So Dash timer 4.2 = 4.05 in hptuners
I ran again, dash timer 4.5 = 4.235 in HPT
again, dash timer 4.6 = 4.302 in hpt

So the reset trick is probably saving me .2-.3 or more on the dash timer today vs not doing it.

I think I'm probably at a wall until I get some more mods and can further do more street tuning as I've been doing, unless I can get on a dyno to play with the engine tune some more and maybe tweak the cam timing to find some hidden power. As of yet, I still haven't tried to decrease the shift times. Dekes1 says you can probably pick up around another .2 by shortening the shift times... Until I get more mods, I may start playing with the trans... But seeing as they don't have all the tables in the a8 unlocked in HPT, there is only so far I can take it with what's available.

MagnumforceGB (5th gen guy) has tuned his a6 trans so hard that his shift times are as low as .03, to .08, his 1-2 shift being .03... Where as our stock a8 shift time is set at .2 starting for the 1-2 shift, .267, .2, .25, .25 (up to 6th)... So you can imagine how taking off about .1-.15 per shift off would help a 1/4 mile time quite a bit... But without the ongoing and offgoing clutch tables available, I doubt we could get it below .1-.15 per shift. I'll start by shooting to get the shift times down to .15 with what we have available and see what happens.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:54 PM   #152
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Thanks, it's coming along. I think this was all reset trick here. I did not have the p3 gauge plugged in as I was logging with hptuners, can't do both at the same time, even with a obd2 splitter unfortunately.

So Dash timer 4.2 = 4.05 in hptuners
I ran again, dash timer 4.5 = 4.235 in HPT
again, dash timer 4.6 = 4.302 in hpt

So the reset trick is probably saving me .2-.3 or more on the dash timer today vs not doing it.

I think I'm probably at a wall until I get some more mods and can further do more street tuning as I've been doing, unless I can get on a dyno to play with the engine tune some more and maybe tweak the cam timing to find some hidden power. As of yet, I still haven't tried to decrease the shift times. Dekes1 says you can probably pick up around another .2 by shortening the shift times... Until I get more mods, I may start playing with the trans... But seeing as they don't have all the tables in the a8 unlocked in HPT, there is only so far I can take it with what's available.

MagnumforceGB (5th gen guy) has tuned his a6 trans so hard that his shift times are as low as .03, to .08, his 1-2 shift being .03... Where as our stock a8 shift time is set at .2 starting for the 1-2 shift, .267, .2, .25, .25 (up to 6th)... So you can imagine how taking off about .1-.15 per shift off would help a 1/4 mile time quite a bit... But without the ongoing and offgoing clutch tables available, I doubt we could get it below .1-.15 per shift. I'll start by shooting to get the shift times down to .15 with what we have available and see what happens.
Hmmm. I'm on the opposite side of that opinion. I don't think tweaking shift times will be that beneficial. Removing torque management would be the bigger gain. That's just an opinion though, so we'll see how actual results work out.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:38 PM   #153
SUN

what kind of spark plug ? colder ?
Old 07-07-2017, 09:19 PM   #154
Jason@JacFab

I think the key is REDUCING the TM, not totally disabling it. One of the notable TM features we have access to is to totally disable the TM on upshifts. I've tried that on both the track and the street. It actually shifts slower if the TM is completely disabled, and shifts like crap during part throttle driving on the street.

But we don't have all the tables available like the older a6 trans, where reducing TM was a possibility. It's either on or off for us.

For what we DO have available, I can't imagine a huge difference by modifying shift times/pressures... Might be worth a tenth in the 1/4, but a tenth is a tenth, and I'll take a free tenth where I can get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk