Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-29-2016, 02:56 PM   #1
ArtistEyez

Drives: 2016 Camero SS
Need some help - Glove Box removal

We put our registion in glove box and it apparently went behind the glove box. Can anyone tell me how to remove glove box or how to let it down so I can get behind it? 2016 SS.
ArtistEyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:28 AM   #2
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Have you seen this thread? There's not a lot of detail of the removal process, but it sounds like it's pretty simple.
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:08 AM   #3
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I didn't break it down any more than I did in that thread because there isn't much to break down. You unclip that tension cable and then squeeze the bejesus out of the sides of the compartment door so the stop pegs clear the dash.

Please note, there is a lower dash panel that can be dropped (contains the onstar and wifi router). This however, is not connected to the compartment hinge. You'll need to do a much more invasive dash dismantling to fully remove the glove compartment.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:47 PM   #4
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistEyez View Post
We put our registion in glove box and it apparently went behind the glove box. Can anyone tell me how to remove glove box or how to let it down so I can get behind it? 2016 SS.
I would just unscrew the bottom panel under the dash to see if you can see or find it. If not with the bottom panel under the dash pulled down look under each corner of the glove box and there is a push pin on each side that you can pry out with a screw driver. After they are out open the glove box and detach the cable on the right by lifting the clip upward. Hope that helps you figure it out.

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:19 AM   #5
ArtistEyez

Drives: 2016 Camero SS
Thank you guys so much. I appreciate the help more than you guys know! I just left it alone until someone here replayed. I did everything I could think of to find out until it dawned on me to ask here. You guys rock!
ArtistEyez is offline   Reply With Quote