Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

View Poll Results: If your dealer had HD Camaros next to non-HD, wich would you pick?
HD Cooling and Brakes from GM 10 58.82%
Nah, I'll upgrade my cooling and braking systems on my own 3 17.65%
No need for upgrades 4 23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2018, 11:27 AM   #1
RedonBlackRS

Drives: 1LT RS 2.0T 8A HD
Poll: HD cooling and brake package

Hi everybody!

I would like to know how many of you would've bought the HD package on your 2.0T Camaros had the option been available in your dealer's inventory on your identical car.

I'm asking for semi-scientific purposes, because I'm assisting in ordering inventory at a relatively high-volume dealer.

Also, feel free to mention anything else you have optioned on your cars that you are particularly enjoying!

Thank you!
RedonBlackRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:50 AM   #2
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
I didn't know much about the HD package. I got the cheapest one because my credit allowed me. If I had the choice again, I would do the RS w/HD cooling. However is the HD package even offered for the manual trans? because I would choose manual before HD package
StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:56 PM   #3
RedonBlackRS

Drives: 1LT RS 2.0T 8A HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPeteHyper2.0 View Post
I didn't know much about the HD package. I got the cheapest one because my credit allowed me. If I had the choice again, I would do the RS w/HD cooling. However is the HD package even offered for the manual trans? because I would choose manual before HD package
It is available with the manual! Thank you for asking! It just adds, per Chevrolet:
External engine oil cooler
Extra capacity cooling system
Brembo 4-piston front, 4-wheel antilock disc brakes
(When ordered with the 2.0L Turbo engine, also includes an auxiliary engine coolant cooler)
All for $995
the extra coolers are mounted outboard of the regular radiator stack and one is horizontal in front of the rest, so the grille has extra slats cut in on the sides where the standard cars are completely closed off.
RedonBlackRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:16 PM   #4
StPeteHyper2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedonBlackRS View Post
It is available with the manual! Thank you for asking! It just adds, per Chevrolet:
External engine oil cooler
Extra capacity cooling system
Brembo 4-piston front, 4-wheel antilock disc brakes
(When ordered with the 2.0L Turbo engine, also includes an auxiliary engine coolant cooler)
All for $995
the extra coolers are mounted outboard of the regular radiator stack and one is horizontal in front of the rest, so the grille has extra slats cut in on the sides where the standard cars are completely closed off.
Gotcha.. I may end up adding these in. I just need to replace the wheel liner and things. Would you know what all parts would need to be swapped for adding the auxillary coolers? I already have a Mishimoto oil cooler, would be nice to add the extra coolant one and maybe trans or rear end for the other
Old 03-30-2018, 01:38 PM   #5
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Nothing I have money for right now but i'm definitely watching this.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:19 PM   #6
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Now, I think you are required to have a 20" wheel to get this package as well. Not necessarily the RS package, but a 20 LPO wheel selected. If my exact car was there with the HD package, it would have been another 1795$ MSRP extra. I would have to pass. Too much. If I wanted an RS, then all day long YES at 995$ extra.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:39 PM   #7
soldes

Drives: car
Over here we don't have a choice lol, the car comes fully loaded, with sunroof, nav and wheel color as the only option. The Brembos sure look good, but as a total look goofy with the rear ones being so 'standard'
Sorry got no scientific facts for ya
Nick
soldes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:09 PM   #8
JohnCobalt

Drives: Camaro and Mazda CX3
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldes View Post
Over here we don't have a choice lol, the car comes fully loaded, with sunroof, nav and wheel color as the only option. The Brembos sure look good, but as a total look goofy with the rear ones being so 'standard'
Sorry got no scientific facts for ya
Nick
Agreed. I just got the brembos installed up front and the rears look so funny.
JohnCobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:45 PM   #9
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
I run a LT, but its a v6... however just wanted to say, if you can get it....get it from the factory. I've priced it out to add aftermarket and just the cooling part alone is around 700$ so far. given the fact you get the brakes with it, its well worth the price.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:00 PM   #10
StPeteHyper2.0

I figure you would just need the right plastic air diverters, inner liner (which may be able to be cut out with vent to be installed), and mounting brackets. I would get the necessary hoses and aux coolers from Mishimoto.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:20 PM   #11
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPeteHyper2.0 View Post
I figure you would just need the right plastic air diverters, inner liner (which may be able to be cut out with vent to be installed), and mounting brackets. I would get the necessary hoses and aux coolers from Mishimoto.
You'll also need a new radiator as it has the fittings to connect to the new auxiliary ones. There's also a crossover pipe, and misc hoses.

The mishimoto stuff isn't cheap so the price using those over stock will be higher.

The lowest prices way would be to buy the setup used from a car that's been wrecked on the side of rear

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 01:04 PM   #12
outobie

Drives: 2017 2LT RS Convertible
I would definitely buy it but I don’t seems to be the norm

I wanted a convertible commuter sportscar with a back seat.
I only considered ones with the 2.0t engine and the most options I could find.
I have rs 2lt

I added the Brembo brakes later wish I had full factory Hd kit and MRC SUSPENSION
outobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:39 AM   #13
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
There's no MRC on turbo camaro's that I'm aware... Would definitely get the car with the HD cooling/brembros; ordered mine with this option.
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote