#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-21-2018, 06:22 PM   #29
WyGuy

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
I thought of that as well. I'm on the look out to purchase Race Ramps this upcoming Black Friday....... Hope there are some sales somewhere.

BUT, If for some reason I need to have the wheels off the car long term, I'd like to be able to leave it on jack stands, so that puts me back at square one.

I'm really trying to stay away from using the floor jack in any way. Help me out here fellers.
Think buying/building wheel cribs would be the best bet. If you need to take a wheel off then use a floor jack at the normal lifts points and set that corner(s) back down on a jack stand.
WyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:02 PM   #30
GA SS

Drives: 2017 ZL1
So here are some pics of the my glides and placement holders for the pads in the trays.

Thank you for the pictures Danco. Any ideas on were i might get those glides to try or did you make them yourself?
I tried to set the jacks up tonight, but on the last step I found out I was sent a 12 volt pump instead of the a/c pump I ordered. I'm sure it will be a couple of weeks before I get the correct pump, but I have enough money in these I have to try them. If those glides make it easier to move the frames I would like to buy some if they are available.
GA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:52 PM   #31
DANACO

Drives: 18 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA SS View Post
So here are some pics of the my glides and placement holders for the pads in the trays.

Thank you for the pictures Danco. Any ideas on were i might get those glides to try or did you make them yourself?
I tried to set the jacks up tonight, but on the last step I found out I was sent a 12 volt pump instead of the a/c pump I ordered. I'm sure it will be a couple of weeks before I get the correct pump, but I have enough money in these I have to try them. If those glides make it easier to move the frames I would like to buy some if they are available.

Night /day difference to slide on floor.
I made these in my machine shop from 1.5” black HDPE. Id be happy to make a set for anyone that wants one. $100 /eight pieces. Should have come with something similar from the factory.
DANACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:01 AM   #32
GA SS

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANACO View Post
I made these in my machine shop from 1.5” black HDPE. Id be happy to make a set for anyone that wants one. $100 /eight pieces. Should have come with something similar from the factory.
PM sent.
GA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:29 PM   #33
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Thank you for posting those pictures! Those rubber guides are a great idea. I’d love to get me a set.

The $100 is a shipped price for them ?

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 01:24 PM   #34
DANACO

Quote:
Thank you for posting those pictures! Those rubber guides are a great idea. I’d love to get me a set.

The $100 is a shipped price for them ?
$110 shipped, I’ll eat a bit of the shipping. I can make the two sets asked for here on this thread early next week.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:21 PM   #35
Alain

Quote:
$110 shipped, I’ll eat a bit of the shipping. I can make the two sets asked for here on this thread early next week.
Thank you for offering to make these for us.

$100 is more than I’d be willing to spend on these. Cool idea though.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Old 11-22-2018, 03:58 PM   #36
DANACO

Quote:
Thank you for offering to make these for us.

$100 is more than I’d be willing to spend on these. Cool idea though.
No worries, for the time and materials involved that’s what I need to be bothered with doing these unless I had a bunch of orders, I’d go cheaper. Not hard to make but by the time I’m done and they’re in the mail I’ll have more than two hours in a set not to mention getting the materials. I have enough for on more set before I have to invest in another sheet of 1” think plastic and it’s not cheap !
Old 11-22-2018, 09:24 PM   #37
Alain

Quote:
No worries, for the time and materials involved that’s what I need to be bothered with doing these unless I had a bunch of orders, I’d go cheaper. Not hard to make but by the time I’m done and they’re in the mail I’ll have more than two hours in a set not to mention getting the materials. I have enough for on more set before I have to invest in another sheet of 1” think plastic and it’s not cheap !
I get it.

Well, if you get a group buy going and the price comes down I am in.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 05-11-2020, 10:54 AM   #38
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
Old thread alert:

anyone interested in a group buy? I pm'd DANACO to see if he's interested in making some more slides.