Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-07-2019, 10:11 PM   #15
Camaro_49

Drives: Camaro
Yeah, I’m just gonna give up on removing the center console to get to 12v power. I did come across this thread though which mentions easily getting to accessory power by removing the shifter trim. I removed the trim but don’t see where to get the power from.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541372
Asked in the thread but it seems dead..anyone in this thread might know? Any help is much appreciated!!
Camaro_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:34 AM   #16
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_49 View Post
Yeah, I’m just gonna give up on removing the center console to get to 12v power. I did come across this thread though which mentions easily getting to accessory power by removing the shifter trim. I removed the trim but don’t see where to get the power from.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541372
Asked in the thread but it seems dead..anyone in this thread might know? Any help is much appreciated!!
I tried getting to the accessory power outlet wires through the shifter opening first, and couldn't get to them. I ended up pulling up the console, but I don't recall having the same problem you are having. I have a 2LT without the lighting and convenience package (no wireless charger) and an A8 transmission. I don't remember pulling hard after removing the screws, but I couldn't lift it high enough to easily get to the wires with the shift nob and boot trim in place.
Can you move the console forward and back at all with the screws and boot removed or does it still feel like a solid fastener is in place?
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:15 AM   #17
Camaro_49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
I tried getting to the accessory power outlet wires through the shifter opening first, and couldn't get to them. I ended up pulling up the console, but I don't recall having the same problem you are having. I have a 2LT without the lighting and convenience package (no wireless charger) and an A8 transmission. I don't remember pulling hard after removing the screws, but I couldn't lift it high enough to easily get to the wires with the shift nob and boot trim in place.
Can you move the console forward and back at all with the screws and boot removed or does it still feel like a solid fastener is in place?
After removing the screws, I can’t move the console forward or backwards. It still feels like a solid fastener is in place.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:41 AM   #18
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
I had the center console button pop off and bust. Looks like a PIA to get the console out and replace or fix. I do have a extra brand unused new leather center console if you break that and need another. I can sell for dirt cheap, Just a heads up. Hope it works out either way.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:56 AM   #19
ElwoodBlues

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
I've never removed one so just guessing here. Looking at the pictures I wonder if the two white plastic pieces in the carpet (right in front of the rear seat) are for tabs on the console to hold it in place? Kind of like what they use on the interior trim or door panels.
ElwoodBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:01 AM   #20
breakskeet
Kevin

Drives: 2018 Callaway Camaro ZL1 1LE
Here is a good video of the center console removal:

breakskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:06 AM   #21
Camaro_49

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakskeet View Post
Here is a good video of the center console removal:

This video makes it clear that something definitely isn’t right in my car. The entire console is moving around once he removes the two bolts in the back and can wiggle around. Mine acts like I still have a ton of screws still in. If push in the console right now (like try to push it left to right) it doesn’t budge an inch.