Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 02-09-2018, 10:19 AM   #15
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.0t_godfather View Post
I find this highly unlikely. The tuned vs untuned car is holy shit different. Especially driving on the street. There is something more going on.
I can only speak from my experience with them, if anyone is interested in that I can make a separate post, I don't mean to jack the OPs poat
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:36 AM   #16
Zzsteve

Drives: 2018 2SS
6th_gen_gino:

did you dyno your car on a stock tune, and with a FINISHED tune from us? 12 HP is most definitely NOT typical for gains, and i feel there is something more that one of us was missing, or lost in communication. that is literally like 1/4th the gains you should have seen from a simple tune (unless you are running 91 octane or something)
Zzsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:37 AM   #17
Zzsteve

OP:

get ahold of 'vaspen' as he lives in PA, see if you are close enough to meet up, and go for a ride in his car. his car made over 300 to the tires on our dyno with basic bolt on mods, and a tune.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:44 PM   #18
6th_gen_gino

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.0t_godfather View Post
I find this highly unlikely. The tuned vs untuned car is holy shit different. Especially driving on the street. There is something more going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzsteve View Post
6th_gen_gino:

did you dyno your car on a stock tune, and with a FINISHED tune from us? 12 HP is most definitely NOT typical for gains, and i feel there is something more that one of us was missing, or lost in communication. that is literally like 1/4th the gains you should have seen from a simple tune (unless you are running 91 octane or something)
I dynoed the car on stock tune with bolt ons and tune with bolt ons, I pumped 93 I'm located in Florida, it's not exatcly 12 hp when I get the chance to pull up the Dyno sheet I'll post it but that's a very close guess, and I honestly felt like the customer service via email wasn't very good either. It felt more like y'all were doing me a favor rather than providing a service.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:01 PM   #19
Zzsteve

i certainly apologize for that, we try to do our best with communication. our LTG tuner is SWAMPED lately, and may be occasionally short with people, just trying to make sure he gets everybodys changes to their tunes out every day. he is also the guy engineering the big turbo, the cams, and many other projects in other platforms. he means no harm in being short with people.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:20 PM   #20
6th_gen_gino

Quote:
i certainly apologize for that, we try to do our best with communication. our LTG tuner is SWAMPED lately, and may be occasionally short with people, just trying to make sure he gets everybodys changes to their tunes out every day. he is also the guy engineering the big turbo, the cams, and many other projects in other platforms. he means no harm in being short with people.
I understand he may be swamped with work, at the same time I dropped 500 bucks and only got about 4 emails back over the course of a week, I wish I could have just saved my self the time and money. In the end I payed 500 for a tune that did almost nothing for me, money on Dyno time and paying someone else to return.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:46 PM   #21
Zzsteve

matt forwarded me the chain, and there was over 10 replys from july 18th, until july 21st. including some at 10pm. Matt even asked how you were liking the tune, and this was the response he received. it is very strange that you are just now saying that you are unsatisfied with the tune. if you were not happy, i really wish you would have taken that up with Matt at the time of the tune, so that he could address any issues you were having! we are more than willing to work through any issues, but it is super important that you tell us there is an issue! I read your entire correspondence (well 'jessicas' correspondence) with Matt and Becky, and not one time did it appear that you guys were anything less than fully satisfied. the whole process looked like it actually went very smooth.

"Hey Matt,

So far i am extremely satisfied with the way the car is performing. I can most definitely feel the improvement on the way the car pulls.

I have looked at the logs recorded and i am pleased with the lambda values that the car is running at, the fact that there is very little to no KR and the the car just runs amazingly. The only question i had was regarding the spark advance.

I do see that at WOT i am running a maximum of 7* and i just wanted to ask if this was normal or if there was any room for improvement as far as timing went.

All in all i am more than happy with the tune and i will be looking forward to any communication from you tomorrow.

Best wishes."
Old 02-09-2018, 04:04 PM   #22
6th_gen_gino

Quote:
matt forwarded me the chain, and there was over 10 replys from july 18th, until july 21st. including some at 10pm. Matt even asked how you were liking the tune, and this was the response he received. it is very strange that you are just now saying that you are unsatisfied with the tune. if you were not happy, i really wish you would have taken that up with Matt at the time of the tune, so that he could address any issues you were having! we are more than willing to work through any issues, but it is super important that you tell us there is an issue! I read your entire correspondence (well 'jessicas' correspondence) with Matt and Becky, and not one time did it appear that you guys were anything less than fully satisfied. the whole process looked like it actually went very smooth.

"Hey Matt,

So far i am extremely satisfied with the way the car is performing. I can most definitely feel the improvement on the way the car pulls.

I have looked at the logs recorded and i am pleased with the lambda values that the car is running at, the fact that there is very little to no KR and the the car just runs amazingly. The only question i had was regarding the spark advance.

I do see that at WOT i am running a maximum of 7* and i just wanted to ask if this was normal or if there was any room for improvement as far as timing went.

All in all i am more than happy with the tune and i will be looking forward to any communication from you tomorrow.

Best wishes."
I do remember that conversation, and that improvement was felt from the torque increase. I think the excitement contributed to the BUTT Dyno, but the Dyno jet decided otherwise. After taking the car off the Dyno I was so disappointed with the numbers that I just figured there would be no way to get a refund. Which is completely understandable since the job was already performed. After the Dyno I just took it as a lose and never go in contact with you guys again.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:20 PM   #23
vaspen

Drives: 2017 l4 blue 6speed
whisky I should note on the dyno when I was tuned my mods were silicone intake , chargepipes, intercooler, throttlebody, highflowcat, and a custom exhaust pre tune
2nd dyno run I put the zzp cai on that was the only diff
still need to data log and retune for matt
vaspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:25 PM   #24
vaspen

Drives: 2017 l4 blue 6speed
hey rayrunner find me on facebook on the group names jessy I post dam near every day haha ur about 2-3 hr away from me I think
vaspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:38 AM   #25
jaycee0919

Drives: 2017 2.0T Coupe
Agree

In addition, good luck finding someone to do it locally - I'm in Chicago and there isn't anyone even close who's willing to touch the 2.0t...

ZZP is going to be my choice once the weather starts clearing up a bit. Checked some of the others and some have not been responsive, some have been stupidly overpriced, and some I just won't deal with based on their attitude.

ZZP has been great from a response standpoint and always a pleasure to deal with...

My opinion - others will disagree and that's cool

Quote:
this is assuming the local shop is familiar with this platform. i have seen several "good tuners" produce pure trash, simply because they have no idea how to tune a GM DI engine.
jaycee0919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:59 AM   #26
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Nobody will disagree with your choice to use ZZP jist not everyone can be thrilled and happy and not every car reacts exactly the same getting on the dyno at ZZP will always be better then getting an email tune from ZZP.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:11 AM   #27
jaycee0919

Drives: 2017 2.0T Coupe
ZZP definitely has the consensus here as the best choice which is why I'm going that route.

I do wish there was someone reasonably local though....I have at least 3 tuning shops I've worked with in the past that want nothing to do with either the Ecoboost or the 2.0t Camaro. Pretty disappointing but at least when I had the Mustang I had plenty of aftermarket handheld options. SCT really woke that car up.

Why so few handheld options for the 2.0t?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Nobody will disagree with your choice to use ZZP jist not everyone can be thrilled and happy and not every car reacts exactly the same getting on the dyno at ZZP will always be better then getting an email tune from ZZP.

Last edited by jaycee0919; 02-13-2018 at 10:40 AM.
jaycee0919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:12 AM   #28
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee0919 View Post
ZZP definitely has the consensus here as the best choice which is why I'm going that route.

I do wish there was someone reasonably local though....I have at least 3 tuning shops I've worked with in the past that want nothing to do with either the Ecoboost or the 2.0t Camaro. Pretty disappointing but at least when I had the Mustang I had plenty of aftermarket handheld options. SCT really woke that car up.

Why so few handheld options for the 2.0t?
Handhelds are endangered species with the camaro in general unless your in a V8. I think the last true handheld was for the 5th Gen 3.6L V6 from hypermax lol.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote