Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-09-2017, 12:12 PM   #15
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero05 View Post
ah yes the burger boxes for the BMW. I know all too well about their stuff. they make power I'll give them that, but at the expense of constant problem cars out there, going behind the DME and bypassing the CEL every 20 seconds so it doesn't trigger and on and on. Not to mention they had a huge fine by the cal air resources board for these things.

perhaps you forget that Flowmaster is also part of the group that Dinan resides in and I put my money they are the ones behind this. So you want a reputable name that works directly with BMW, then there ya go. it is what it is, you are entitled to your opinion and others are as well. It maybe for some and others not, BUT to bash them with no true and founded evidence to support the claim seems shortsighted. They have been at the forefront of our performance industry for a long time, far longer than most of the companies out there, give them a little respect
Not in his nature.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:22 PM   #16
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
ah yes the burger boxes for the BMW. I know all too well about their stuff. they make power I'll give them that, but at the expense of constant problem cars out there, going behind the DME and bypassing the CEL every 20 seconds so it doesn't trigger and on and on. Not to mention they had a huge fine by the cal air resources board for these things.

perhaps you forget that Flowmaster is also part of the group that Dinan resides in and I put my money they are the ones behind this. So you want a reputable name that works directly with BMW, then there ya go. it is what it is, you are entitled to your opinion and others are as well. It maybe for some and others not, BUT to bash them with no true and founded evidence to support the claim seems shortsighted. They have been at the forefront of our performance industry for a long time, far longer than most of the companies out there, give them a little respect
No. You're wrong on so many levels. Quit talking out of your ass about things you can not prove. There is no link between Dinan and Flowmaster collaborating on this product. Just because both companies are owned by the same private equity firm doesn't mean anything. Steve Dinan is no longer a part of Dinan. He is now employed by Ganassi Racing. I would absolutely trust a product designed by Steve Dinan. That man has YEARS of ECU tuning. Unfortunately, he, nor his private equity owned company has provided any collaboration on the product.

The first thing you may want to buy, is a clue.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:24 PM   #17
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Not in his nature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
No. You're wrong on so many levels. Quit talking out of your ass about things you can not prove. There is no link between Dinan and Flowmaster collaborating on this product. Just because both companies are owned by the same private equity firm doesn't mean anything. Steve Dinan is no longer a part of Dinan. He is now employed by Ganassi Racing. I would absolutely trust a product designed by Steve Dinan. That man has YEARS of ECU tuning. Unfortunately, he, nor his private equity owned company has provided any collaboration on the product.

#pointmade.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 02-09-2017, 05:49 PM   #18
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Hrrmmmm.... Can't we help each other out and offer advise without dragging other people's thoughts and idea's through shit?... I give up.
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:12 PM   #19
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
Hrrmmmm.... Can't we help each other out and offer advise without dragging other people's thoughts and idea's through shit?... I give up.
I tried that by ignoring him like he did to me but he seems to need someone to piss on and didn't like it when someone talked back.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:18 PM   #20
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:20 PM   #21
my1stchevy

Drives: 2016 Camaro HBM 2SS NPP MRC
alright lets get back to the topic. Us I4 guys need more to talk about while we wait for cool stuff to be developed or ready to sell.
my1stchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:57 AM   #22
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by my1stchevy View Post
alright lets get back to the topic. Us I4 guys need more to talk about while we wait for cool stuff to be developed or ready to sell.
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:44 AM   #23
subzero05
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 tbd
Quote:

funny- and for the sake of the other members here I'll let this go. However, since you do know so much more than everyone else, you might want to brush up on your knowledge of Steve Dinan. He LEFT Ganassi Racing in spring 2016 and now owns and operates SD auto tech in in the bay area.

now back to the topic
subzero05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 01:50 PM   #24
Captslow

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS I4T
Thanks for all the info turns out I have a good friend that uses hp tuners quite regularly and would be willing to tune the car I already have the evo intake ordered the Mishimoto oil catch can and will have a down pipe when I take it to get tuned currently at my exhaust shop waiting for my 3 inch cat back to get finished not gonna run any mufflers and might do an electric cut out past the down pipe tobreally piss people off. As far as my rims yes they are powder coated.
Captslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:46 PM   #25
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
funny- and for the sake of the other members here I'll let this go. However, since you do know so much more than everyone else, you might want to brush up on your knowledge of Steve Dinan. He LEFT Ganassi Racing in spring 2016 and now owns and operates SD auto tech in in the bay area.

now back to the topic
Sigh. So I'm still right. Steve Dinan, nor did his former company have anything to do with Flowmaster's 'new' product. Thanks for proving my point that he is still no longer employed at Dinan.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:25 PM   #26
subzero05
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 tbd
Quote:
Sigh. So I'm still right. Steve Dinan, nor did his former company have anything to do with Flowmaster's 'new' product. Thanks for proving my point that he is still no longer employed at Dinan.
and you quoted this:
Steve Dinan is no longer a part of Dinan. He is now employed by Ganassi Racing
this is NOT true any more.
and I can do this all day, if you really want to continue to debate if Dinan is the mastermind behind the flowmaster unit feel free, but clearly by these pics its pretty obvious!!! so do you have anymore gum flapping you want to do &/or question if I have a "clue" or can we go back to whats important?. our cars, this forum and the greater good?

we need a MIC DROP emoji here!
Attached Images

subzero05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:19 PM   #27
rorymick

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 1LT 2.0L Turbo
You guys are ridiculous lol
Old 02-15-2017, 04:51 PM   #28
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
and you quoted this:
Steve Dinan is no longer a part of Dinan. He is now employed by Ganassi Racing
this is NOT true any more.
and I can do this all day, if you really want to continue to debate if Dinan is the mastermind behind the flowmaster unit feel free, but clearly by these pics its pretty obvious!!! so do you have anymore gum flapping you want to do &/or question if I have a "clue" or can we go back to whats important?. our cars, this forum and the greater good?

we need a MIC DROP emoji here!
You're arguing semantics. Regardless, he's no longer employed with the Dinan company he sold. Your photoshop hack of the Dinan logo still doesn't mean they had anything to do with Flowmasters product. Now you're just outright lying to people. You feel good about that? Here is the actual image from Flowmaster's website.