Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 03-28-2017, 12:47 PM   #15
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I would lean more towards the ZL1 pump drop in might be easier to do. I know in the 5th gens the GM fuel pumps were easier to switch then the other aftermarket ones.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:13 PM   #16
Nate...

Drives: 2016 Camaro LTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I would lean more towards the ZL1 pump drop in might be easier to do. I know in the 5th gens the GM fuel pumps were easier to switch then the other aftermarket ones.
Interesting. Do you have a part number?

My next step is looking at parts diagrams for the 6th gen LT vs SS vs ZL1 pumps. Then maybe comparing to 5th gen.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:01 PM   #17
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I'd almost be willing to bet that the hanger/pump for the ZL1 would bolt right in...or at least take minimal mods to make it bolt in; don't know if the ZL1 uses larger fuel lines though, it would make sense...
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:06 PM   #18
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate... View Post
Interesting. Do you have a part number?

My next step is looking at parts diagrams for the 6th gen LT vs SS vs ZL1 pumps. Then maybe comparing to 5th gen.
Thanks for doing the 'leg work' on this one Nate... I'm busy chasing other demons for 600hp...at least this would remove the need for a intake manifold with extra injector bosses (at least the fuel ones )

It seems the V8 guys are running out of fuel around the 600hp range on pump gas... So the SS pump might still be a little lacking for large power...
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Old 03-28-2017, 02:10 PM   #19
Corner carver

Link to thatgmpartsguy page with the SS pump/tank assemblies
http://www.thatgmpartsguy.com/auto-p...omponents-scat
Old 03-28-2017, 02:12 PM   #20
Corner carver

2.0 pump/tank assemblies: http://www.thatgmpartsguy.com/auto-p...omponents-scat
Can't seem to find the ZL1 info...
Old 03-28-2017, 08:23 PM   #21
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
6th Gen ZL1 is probably to new i'd hafta go into a stealership to get a part number probably.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:50 AM   #22
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Yeah, probably 6th gen zl1 in tank pump is what we will want, in theory.

Regardless, I think at some point, our hpfp will let us down. I don't think anyone really knows the flow rating of them, even going back to the lfx and LLT. You guys should see the couple extravagant auxiliary fuel systems that have been made for big hp 5th gen v6 guys that were pumping out big power because even with a zl1 pump the hpfp can't keep up in the high rpms

Now that I've seen how these 2.0 hpfp's work, I don't think it would be too hard to retrofit one off of say, an lt4 engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:18 AM   #23
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Yeah, probably 6th gen zl1 in tank pump is what we will want, in theory.

Regardless, I think at some point, our hpfp will let us down. I don't think anyone really knows the flow rating of them, even going back to the lfx and LLT. You guys should see the couple extravagant auxiliary fuel systems that have been made for big hp 5th gen v6 guys that were pumping out big power because even with a zl1 pump the hpfp can't keep up in the high rpms

Now that I've seen how these 2.0 hpfp's work, I don't think it would be too hard to retrofit one off of say, an lt4 engine

@Jason
Did you see Nate's earlier post?
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2017, 05:19 AM   #24
Corner carver

I think this could be what we're looking for...
Old 03-29-2017, 09:56 AM   #25
Jason@JacFab

Lets talk about fuel

Ah, I missed that.... That could be real good! Nice find Nate...

I sent them an email asking for a price. IF it's outrageous, I myself will probably go a different avenue when/if I run out of fuel.

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 03-29-2017 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:12 AM   #26
Corner carver

Quote:
Ah, I missed that.... That could be real good! Nice find Nate...

I sent them an email asking for a price. It it's outrageous, I myself will probably go a different avenue when/if I run out of fuel.

For the pump? What was the number they threw at you Jason?
Old 03-29-2017, 12:29 PM   #27
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
For the pump? What was the number they threw at you Jason?

Corrected my post, was supposed to say "IF it's outrageous..."

They have not gotten back to me with a price yet

Old 03-29-2017, 01:00 PM   #28
Corner carver

Quote:
Corrected my post, was supposed to say "IF it's outrageous..."

They have not gotten back to me with a price yet