Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-15-2016, 01:08 PM   #15
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adp2017 View Post
is that 100% true? I wonder if they would install one without warranty
Maybe if you had a good relationship with your dealership service guys... I like the dealership i bought my camaro and colorado from, but haven't had the best of luck with their service department (no attention to detail... Damage, ect)

I'll probably go back there to trade up the Z71 collie for a ZR2 in 2018, but I won't allow them to install any accessories next time (I'll order them separately and install myself...save the money and the damage)

Not to mention the brutal mark up on general sevice stuff (filters, ect.)
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 10:26 PM   #16
ThePandaSmuggler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T 8AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
I'm contemplating getting one, depending on the price. I'm not super keen on open top air boxes, but what I'm more interested in seeing is what GM changes in the tune. Since I have HPTuners, I'm assuming I won't have any problem downloading the "new and improved" GM tune after they have installed it. I'd like to see exactly what they are changing, so I'll probably end up buying it just because of that.
As long as it seals with the hood it shouldn't be an issue right? I do like the fact that open box designs tend to be louder.

I got impatient waiting for the GMPP and got the Injen instead. I do like the fact that it's factory. I would be curious what the dyno shows but I imagine the PCM tune doesn't remap the ECU, just allows for a larger intake opening without throwing a CEL.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk
ThePandaSmuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:42 AM   #17
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePandaSmuggler View Post
As long as it seals with the hood it shouldn't be an issue right? I do like the fact that open box designs tend to be louder.

I got impatient waiting for the GMPP and got the Injen instead. I do like the fact that it's factory. I would be curious what the dyno shows but I imagine the PCM tune doesn't remap the ECU, just allows for a larger intake opening without throwing a CEL.

That's basically my assumption aswell on the Tune I don't see GM adding an actual performance tune with just an intake. Pretty much every mod I've done has been 100% wanting to do it and to impatient to wait for the slower aftermarket names known on here to get going. Thus far I've not been let down at all between ZZP, Injen, BMR and Flowmaster it's making me look forward to the spring weather and the start of show and race season.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:00 PM   #18
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePandaSmuggler View Post

Well if you think about it though, most open top intakes "seal" (I'll use that term loosely) against the under hood insulation, which is not solid. It is fiberous and will still allow air to be pulled throw it IF the other source of airflow isn't allowing enough air to be injested... Just theories based on what I've built in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
That's basically my assumption aswell on the Tune I don't see GM adding an actual performance tune with just an intake.
As for the tune, I have no idea what GM will do, but I imagine if it makes no power just from the part itself, they will fudge it in the tune to make you feel like you got something out of it. It's very easy to tweak the driver demand table (IE: throttle response), and reduce the amount of torque reduction, and stabilitrak control to make it feel like you're getting something, and even show up on the dyno.

I mainly want the GM intake just so I can get the tune and can see what exactly they changed... But due to the issues in the v6 GMPP intake thread, I may not even be able to get the tune as supposedly there are issues between GM and installing the calibration in states to have adopted CARB deq policies. Technically Oregon is a state that follows CARB, but they only do the vehicle DEQ testing in 2 areas. I happen to live just outside one of the testing areas, but I am exempt... Whether or not they can/will flash the tune into my car is unknown at this time.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:21 PM   #19
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

It will be interesting either way.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 12-29-2016, 09:19 PM   #20
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Old 12-30-2016, 09:36 AM   #21
Wildhammer

Drives: 2017 1SS
I have 20 on order from GM as of right now, they don't say "Future Part" they changed them to "Back-ordered" now so hopefully soon!
Wildhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:37 AM   #22
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGMPartsGuy.com View Post
I have 20 on order from GM as of right now, they don't say "Future Part" they changed them to "Back-ordered" now so hopefully soon!
Old 12-30-2016, 10:36 AM   #23
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Any word on the possible tune from GM?
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 01:01 PM   #24
sureshshanmugam79

Drives: Summit White 1LT RS I4 M6
Quote:
How awesome!!!

Any note on the price?

2016 1LT RS Summit White M6
10/2/2016 - 3 Miles on ODO - Delivered
11/1/2016 - All around light Black out kit from Phastek
11/15/2016 - OEM Splash guards and all weather mats from ShopChevyParts.com
12/16/16 - 977 Miles. Borla S-type Axleback

Planned - CAI Injen, hood wrap, Sema rocker stripes, Sema trunk balckout, Caliper Paint, Reverse LED
sureshshanmugam79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:59 AM   #25
Wildhammer

Drives: 2017 1SS
They will be the same price as the 3.6L, I believe the LT1 will be a little higher but who cares about a big ol' V8 right?? =P =P

http://www.thatgmpartsguy.com/gmpp-i...20?parent=1033
Wildhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:24 PM   #26
DWS909

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT RS Turbo
As soon as it's in stock I'll snag one up. Also interested in if there is a tune to go with it.
DWS909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:47 AM   #27
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

You guys missed the part about the Tune and Intake needing to be installed by the dealer to maintain your warranty. You can buy the parts elsewhere but if mr. smith we'll say speed shop or garage installs it your voiding the warranty for the intake portion regardless you'll need to go to a dealership for the GM approved tune.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:18 AM   #28
Adp2017

Drives: 2017 RS Turbo
please let us know when GM finally starts shipping these. I want to be one of the 20 first sets to ship
Adp2017 is offline   Reply With Quote