Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-13-2016, 05:39 PM   #15
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Thanks Glen for the details on how to change up the emblems. Was pretty easy and pretty much all i used was a flat head to pry off the front emblem and for the back a heat gun with some fishing line. I found also by heating the excess glue left behind i was able to roll it up with my fingers with not much effort, cleaned with 50/50 alcohol mix and that was that. A great looking upgrade indeed!
Attached Images

keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 05:43 PM   #16
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Niiiice.....my black badges coming off for some body color ones...yes i am ADD....LOL
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:20 PM   #17
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
I have a 2LT and got the SEMA grille. I can't seem to get the front bowtie or RS badge off. I have my stock grille sitting in my garage and they seem to be attached differently. Anyone with the SEMA grille have any tips? I tried to get my front fascia support off and had issues with the hood latch too. After reading this I'll try again this weekend when I'm off work. I'm trying to avoid having to take the grille off which involves taking the bumper off.

I ordered my emblems from Lupe at River City Creations. He did my 2010 Camaro emblems too. They turned out great!
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2017, 09:09 PM   #18
Sub

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Used fishing line on the rear, then goo gone.It was a pita, lol. No scratches though - took my time, and taped off around emblem so it went back on the same spot.
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2017, 01:20 AM   #19
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub View Post
Used fishing line on the rear, then goo gone.It was a pita, lol. No scratches though - took my time, and taped off around emblem so it went back on the same spot.
That's exactly how I did it!
Old 05-18-2017, 12:14 PM   #20
archer1965

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Thanks Glen for the details on how to change up the emblems. Was pretty easy and pretty much all i used was a flat head to pry off the front emblem and for the back a heat gun with some fishing line. I found also by heating the excess glue left behind i was able to roll it up with my fingers with not much effort, cleaned with 50/50 alcohol mix and that was that. A great looking upgrade indeed!
mine look exactly like this, except I had them wrapped when my windows were tinted. Dude charged me $20 to wrap both and they look awesome.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:43 AM   #21
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
do not use anything to pry the rear off heat gun or hair drier and fishing line is the only safe way to do it.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:32 PM   #22
edillen1

Drives: 2017 Summit White 1SS
To get the front one off I removed the cover plate (after removing the hood release). Then just broke the tabs on the old front bow tie. A small PITA because I had to readjust the latch a few times to get teh hood to line up correctly.
edillen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:28 AM   #23
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Did mine yesterday and the front was a PITA. Tried the paint stick method first then just removed the upper cover. Rear is straight forward with heat and braided fishing line.
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:53 AM   #24
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Black bow ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 View Post
Did mine yesterday and the front was a PITA. Tried the paint stick method first then just removed the upper cover. Rear is straight forward with heat and braided fishing line.
I did mine a well but should have removed the top cover also, fought the front one through the hood lash for an hour before finally getting it, used a long flat head and paint stick. Looks awesome but it's slightly giggle not super tight fit. The back was a cake wall. Anyone else had a problem with the front one being a little rattly?
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 03:23 PM   #25
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
After about 20 mins of trying to get the front one off, I said F it, and pried the damn thing off breaking the plastic tabs as I went along. It was very satisfying. lol

I have to say though, I saw a pic in the pic section of someone who left the front debadged, and I actually like that better than the black bow tie. So now, I might be prying the black bow tie off in the front.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 03:06 PM   #26
custommx3

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2023 3LT RS, 2011 2LT RS
So last night was browsing and noticed a particular company sells the insert for almost $100. Nuts

I ordered myself a new rear emblem on Ebay for about 10 bucks shipped. Watching this companies install vid, I soon realized that the center piece is "somewhat" removable. In their install they are drilling and prying out the center of the emblem. I instead separated it using a hair dryer and some force.

If you take a drill it and use it to mill away the extra "Lip" of plastic holding it together, it can easily be separated for painting. Although this does require removing it from the car, or purchase a separate one for about 10 bucks shipped, its easier than buying the one being sold for about 100 bucks.
I plan on painting the center section and using CA glue to put it back in place.

hope this helps.
Attached Images

custommx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 11:26 PM   #27
David1987

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
I have a 2LT and got the SEMA grille. I can't seem to get the front bowtie or RS badge off. I have my stock grille sitting in my garage and they seem to be attached differently. Anyone with the SEMA grille have any tips? I tried to get my front fascia support off and had issues with the hood latch too. After reading this I'll try again this weekend when I'm off work. I'm trying to avoid having to take the grille off which involves taking the bumper off.

I ordered my emblems from Lupe at River City Creations. He did my 2010 Camaro emblems too. They turned out great!
I actually like the blue with the gold emblem but I wish GM would’ve kept the old Camaro emblem on the front like I had on my 3rd and 4th gen Camaros . My 6th gen is bright red and the gold clashes so I just ordered black ones. If they had a way to put the old style emblems on I would do it.
David1987 is offline   Reply With Quote