Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-28-2024, 01:13 PM   #29
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Faraday key holder $10
OBD port lock $55
Mobilistics immobilizer $140

Total $205

No excuse for not at least doing this if you have a $50k car.
All good.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 01:16 PM   #30
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
From what I have seen the OBD port lock doesn't really lock onto the OBD Port, even after being screwed in, it can just be pulled right off.

What I personally would like is to use an alarm system with a starter kill and maybe an auxiliary circuit that activates if the alarm is triggered. With the auxilary circuit, maybe us it to power up a device that reverses the polarity of the OBD port so anyone who tries to use it instantly fries their machine.
That composite port lock appears to be the one easy to pull off. The stainless ones not so easy. I can’t pull mine off. One guy had them try and no success and left car alone.
Old 03-28-2024, 01:41 PM   #31
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
From what I have seen the OBD port lock doesn't really lock onto the OBD Port, even after being screwed in, it can just be pulled right off.

What I personally would like is to use an alarm system with a starter kill and maybe an auxiliary circuit that activates if the alarm is triggered. With the auxilary circuit, maybe us it to power up a device that reverses the polarity of the OBD port so anyone who tries to use it instantly fries their machine.
Check out the DIY section.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 02:02 PM   #32
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
A second remote and/or a kill switch is a minor inconvenience no matter how we slice it. Best thing ever would be having these "entrepreneurs" off the streets for good.
Umm did you see where he lived orrrrrrr..... even if they were caught they'd get a slap on the hand AT THE MOST!
Old 03-28-2024, 04:16 PM   #33
Deacon Blues

Drives: 2024 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camby View Post
It’s my understanding they cannot use the obd port to program a key unless the car was unlocked with a key. Breaking in doesn’t override this security function does it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given that most cars are getting their windows broken as part of this process, I'm going to say that breaking in doesn't cause them any issue.

That being said, I thought I read that there isn't a window/sunroof alarm sensor on our cars. There is a thread where someone added that IIRC.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 04:53 PM   #34
Broooster

Drives: Sharkskin Metallic ZL1
If money is tight right now, pulling fuses is free. A little hassle but none the less, free. I doubt the car jackers are carrying around a pocket full of fuses, or relays.
Broooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 06:23 PM   #35
daniel066

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie_thunder View Post
Wait a minute...you're in Carson. So do you live near the Pavillion? Or are you more on the Rancho side?

My 1SS (the one in this thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624216) was stolen out of Lakewood--not surprisingly, near the Lakewood Mall.

If so, it's probably the same group that's hitting Bellflower, Cerritos, and North Long Beach like wildfire. This s*** needs to stop.
I live next to sheriff station. Like the street right next behind it. The balls these dudes have is crazy.
daniel066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 06:25 PM   #36
daniel066

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Looks like another Camaro on the street, hanging in your driveway. Wonder if that's what they drove up in and its likely a stolen one as well?...

Good luck, hope yours wasn't damaged that badly.
They pulled up in a Camaro, two dudes
Old 03-28-2024, 06:26 PM   #37
daniel066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
Time to clear out whatever's in the garage and start parking inside.
Time to clear the man cave lol
Old 03-28-2024, 08:05 PM   #38
speedyink1

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS 1LE 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broooster View Post
If money is tight right now, pulling fuses is free. A little hassle but none the less, free. I doubt the car jackers are carrying around a pocket full of fuses, or relays.
I'm going to employ this method whenever I park any place I feel "unsafe" (a city or something). They're not driving very far without fuel getting to the engine.
speedyink1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 07:12 AM   #39
Speak99

Drives: Camaro 2020 2SS VERT
Entitled

People are entitled to your personal property. All of these threads on theft just need to accept this fact as stated.
Speak99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM   #40
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
I've got the Mobilistics unit on order(due next Monday) and I'm thinking I would put it on the fuel pump relay since it's in the fuse box in the trunk under the floor mat. Maybe the delay in looking for the problem would discourage them a little. Best would be to have two, one for the starter and one for the fuel pump.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 02:37 PM   #41
Deacon Blues

Drives: 2024 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
I've got the Mobilistics unit on order(due next Monday) and I'm thinking I would put it on the fuel pump relay since it's in the fuse box in the trunk under the floor mat. Maybe the delay in looking for the problem would discourage them a little. Best would be to have two, one for the starter and one for the fuel pump.

Will it work on the fuel pump? I thought the documentation said the Camaro version is designed for the starter relay and they don't recommend it replacing the fuel pump relay.

Either way, I do like your idea. It would be nice if the starter relay was in the trunk, as opposed to under the hood, which might make thieves less likely to find it.

Last edited by Deacon Blues; 03-29-2024 at 05:42 PM. Reason: grammar
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 03:17 PM   #42
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Will it work on the fuel pump? I thought the documentation said the Camaro version is designed for the starter relay and they find recommended it replacing the fuel pump relay.

Either way, I do like your idea. It would be nice if the starter relay was in the trunk, as opposed to under the hood, which might make thieves less likely to find it.
They said for my 21 I had to use ignition. Not sure about years after 21.