Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 05-23-2018, 04:12 PM   #1
Delran

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE Riverside Blue 6M
Mod suggestions

Hey. I got a really good deal on a 2017 2.0T Camaro 2LT. Since I hear the that the i4 is great to mod and free up power, I was wondering what the top picks for mods were so far?

CAI - Injen, afe, or ZZP?

Exhaust - I heard that it doesn't free up much power until you get a downpipe to remove restriction. Not sure if this was true or not?

Downpipe suggestions? I was going to wait and get a tune/downpipe at the same time just to avoid the CEL.

Any other performance mods I should look into.

Thank you for the help!
Delran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:02 PM   #2
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delran View Post
Hey. I got a really good deal on a 2017 2.0T Camaro 2LT. Since I hear the that the i4 is great to mod and free up power, I was wondering what the top picks for mods were so far?

CAI - Injen, afe, or ZZP?

Exhaust - I heard that it doesn't free up much power until you get a downpipe to remove restriction. Not sure if this was true or not?

Downpipe suggestions? I was going to wait and get a tune/downpipe at the same time just to avoid the CEL.

Any other performance mods I should look into.

Thank you for the help!
Honestly grab a ZZP catless downpipe, injen intake(either open or closed design) maybe a muffler delete and tune
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:08 PM   #3
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Before Tune:
ZZP Catted Downpipe (no CEL)
Cat-Back or Axle Back Exaust (many options)
Mishimoto Intercooler (reduce heat soak)
Injen or Mishimoto Hot & Cold Side Charge Pipes (larger free flowing design)
Turbo Blanket (reduce heat soak)

Right Before/During Tune From ZZP:
ZZP ZFR Turbo
CAI (many options)
ZZP Larger Throttle Body (67mm)
Water/Meth Injection Kit w/ZZP Throttle Body Spacer (many options for meth kits)
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:00 AM   #4
Delran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Before Tune:
ZZP Catted Downpipe (no CEL)
Cat-Back or Axle Back Exaust (many options)
Mishimoto Intercooler (reduce heat soak)
Injen or Mishimoto Hot & Cold Side Charge Pipes (larger free flowing design)
Turbo Blanket (reduce heat soak)

Right Before/During Tune From ZZP:
ZZP ZFR Turbo
CAI (many options)
ZZP Larger Throttle Body (67mm)
Water/Meth Injection Kit w/ZZP Throttle Body Spacer (many options for meth kits)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_gen_gino View Post
Honestly grab a ZZP catless downpipe, injen intake(either open or closed design) maybe a muffler delete and tune

Awesome thank you guys!
Old 05-24-2018, 09:11 AM   #5
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
On a turbo car the tune should be the first mod. Best single bang for the buck. Just pick a company that allows free retunes as you add mods such as an intake or downpipe.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:00 AM   #6
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Your gonna pay alot to be tuned, you own a 2017 and even more if it's an A8. What everyone suggested is fine you can gwt away with hiflo catted downpipe, cai and throttle body upgrades without a tune you won't see a massive power gain what you'll experience is better powerband access which feels like more power on the butt dyno. Getting a tune isn't a bad idea but keep your warranty on mind.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:21 PM   #7
Delran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Your gonna pay alot to be tuned, you own a 2017 and even more if it's an A8. What everyone suggested is fine you can gwt away with hiflo catted downpipe, cai and throttle body upgrades without a tune you won't see a massive power gain what you'll experience is better powerband access which feels like more power on the butt dyno. Getting a tune isn't a bad idea but keep your warranty on mind.
I bought the manual instead of the Auto. And yes, that was the reason for the bolt ons for now, wanted to wait about 20k miles before a turbo upgrade/tune since it'll most likely void the warranty. Thank you for the help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
On a turbo car the tune should be the first mod. Best single bang for the buck. Just pick a company that allows free retunes as you add mods such as an intake or downpipe.
Yeah, when I was ready for a tune I was going to try and find someone local to me so I can get retuned easily.