Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-23-2018, 10:05 AM   #57
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
I, too, thought it was going to be Canadian fuel related until the CEL happened to me during a cold snap. It appears to be something in the tune. Like there is a hole in the tune during VERY cold weather, and a specific amount of time being driven. This issue will not be solved easily, nor will it be solved by any parts being thrown at the cars. Too bad we can't bring this to an actual drivetrain engineers attention!
I think it's just the operators if your citing a tune issue. Some of us have never had an issue and live in similar weather. Maybe gunning it before letting your car warm up? Maybe not letting the car idle down and allowing the oil to properly lubricate the turbocharger before blasting off to space? People do all kinds of dumb things and don't look at simple knowledge and you have an alldata book and mechanic background

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:58 PM   #58
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I think it's just the operators if your citing a tune issue. Some of us have never had an issue and live in similar weather. Maybe gunning it before letting your car warm up? Maybe not letting the car idle down and allowing the oil to properly lubricate the turbocharger before blasting off to space? People do all kinds of dumb things and don't look at simple knowledge and you have an alldata book and mechanic background
You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. This CEL generally sets after 20-30 minutes of low throttle highway cruising during prolonged sub-zero temperatures. I have the 'freeze frame' data to confirm this. I'm not pulling anything from alldata, nor do I have access to such information. Dude. Stay out of threads that don't pertain to you. Your silly assumptions provide no help and clutter up real technical discussion.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:19 PM   #59
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. This CEL generally sets after 20-30 minutes of low throttle highway cruising during prolonged sub-zero temperatures. I have the 'freeze frame' data to confirm this. I'm not pulling anything from alldata, nor do I have access to such information. Dude. Stay out of threads that don't pertain to you. Your silly assumptions provide no help and clutter up real technical discussion.
And like dust in the wind he comes whines and leaves for another week it's like a weekly tour.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile

Last edited by Evil-Bee-NH; 03-01-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:57 AM   #60
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
And like dust in the wind he comes whines and leaves for another week it's like a weekly tour.
Yup, I have a few fleeting hours weekly lately. Ya know, because I actually earn money and not just play on a computer all day. I bet you have a lot of fun posting from your parents basement though....
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
Old 03-02-2018, 07:17 AM   #61
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

You have fun with your stock car driving around town.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:47 AM   #62
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
You have fun with your stock car driving around town.
Oh, you mean my fleet of cars that you couldn't afford if you had 4 jobs? Don't worry, I will.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:39 AM   #63
Tankman

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT 2.0 Turbo
Hi again,
Over two years since reporting the problem - never had it again.
Well done 2.0 Camaro.
Tankman
Tankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 02:07 PM   #64
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Nice, glad it worked out sorry we hijacked your thread all those years ago.

Old 04-15-2019, 06:27 AM   #65
f.d

Drives: camaro
Following
f.d is offline   Reply With Quote