Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-16-2021, 11:36 AM   #1
Lil 217

Drives: 17 ss
Angry WEAPON-X lt4 swap help

First off would like to apologize if this does not belong here.

I dont like to post on forums as I would rather just keep searching until i find the answer I'm looking for. With that being said, My question is how many of you have purchased the lt4 swap from weapon-x? And to those that did how long does it take to receive everything?

I purchased their swap on October 4th and have only just received about maybe 2 weeks ago the intake manifold adapter plates and a harness of some kind.

I have been trying to communicate with their sales but they seem to not really like responding.

Since it's a "custom" build kit I can understand that these things can take time to ship but once it had come to my attention that I wasn't going to receive the order in one package I have asked if they could at least send me an item list so that I could at least make sure I'm receiving everything I'm supposed to. I've sent a number of emails asking for this and when weapon-x FINALLY finds time to respond they say they're going to get me one, but of course that never comes either.

Am I being unreasonable here? There is very little communication and now I just feel as though I'm getting the run around.

Setting aside the fact that it's been over 2 months, only receiving 2 items on a 6k order is unacceptable.

So if Weapon-x takes time to look at these forums, PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY.

Sorry to all about the rant, but it sucks feeling as though I'm about to be ripped off.
Lil 217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 12:32 PM   #2
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil 217 View Post

I dont like to post on forums as I would rather just keep searching until i find the answer I'm looking for. With that being said, My question is how many of you have purchased the lt4 swap from weapon-x? And to those that did how long does it take to receive everything?

I purchased their swap on October 4th and have only just received about maybe 2 weeks ago the intake manifold adapter plates and a harness of some kind.

I have been trying to communicate with their sales but they seem to not really like responding.

Since it's a "custom" build kit I can understand that these things can take time to ship but once it had come to my attention that I wasn't going to receive the order in one package I have asked if they could at least send me an item list so that I could at least make sure I'm receiving everything I'm supposed to. I've sent a number of emails asking for this and when weapon-x FINALLY finds time to respond they say they're going to get me one, but of course that never comes either.

Am I being unreasonable here? There is very little communication and now I just feel as though I'm getting the run around.

Setting aside the fact that it's been over 2 months, only receiving 2 items on a 6k order is unacceptable.

Sorry to all about the rant, but it sucks feeling as though I'm about to be ripped off.
This has got to be the worst delivery season ever regardless of the item. Having said that, they must have quoted a delivery date(s) to you at the time of purchase?
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 12:44 PM   #3
Lil 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
This has got to be the worst delivery season ever regardless of the item. Having said that, they must have quoted a delivery date(s) to you at the time of purchase?
I was quoted about 30 days. It's been over 10 weeks now. I am trying to be patient but with very little communication from them and them being unable to provide any tracking numbers at all or even an item list to a kit that they freakin produce, it makes one believe that nothing is ever coming.

So to those of you out there that are considering purchasing from them take my mistake as an example and STAY AWAY.
Old 12-16-2021, 03:28 PM   #4
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:

I feel your pain bud, I was on the fence about doing an LT4 blower conversion myself. Your current situation is one of the reasons I gave up on it. The other reason being that I was trying to pick up a decently priced 2nd hand LT4 blower, but the sellers close by wanted way too much and the reasonably priced blowers were thousands of miles away.

My 2nd choice was a 2650 maggie or Edelbrock kit. Forced to give up on that too because prices have shot up over $2,000 more than they were priced since the week before labor day weekend. Word is they plan to raise the prices even more starting 2022.

I ended up buying a new centri kit. Paid under $5K shipped on a nice black Friday promotion this year. The installation instructions for this kit includes an itemized list of all components which will come in handy when things start arriving. I might miss out on some of that sweet low end torque from the positive displacement blowers, but I think i will be alright.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 04:29 PM   #5
Lil 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
I feel your pain bud, I was on the fence about doing an LT4 blower conversion myself. Your current situation is one of the reasons I gave up on it. The other reason being that I was trying to pick up a decently priced 2nd hand LT4 blower, but the sellers close by wanted way too much and the reasonably priced blowers were thousands of miles away.

My 2nd choice was a 2650 maggie or Edelbrock kit. Forced to give up on that too because prices have shot up over $2,000 more than they were priced since the week before labor day weekend. Word is they plan to raise the prices even more starting 2022.

I ended up buying a new centri kit. Paid under $5K shipped on a nice black Friday promotion this year. The installation instructions for this kit includes an itemized list of all components which will come in handy when things start arriving. I might miss out on some of that sweet low end torque from the positive displacement blowers, but I think i will be alright.
Congratulations on your purchase

Weapon-x is making me regret my decision to attempt the lt4 blower swap. I should have just purchased the procharger from a reputable dealer.
Old 12-16-2021, 04:42 PM   #6
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Congratulations on your purchase

Weapon-x is making me regret my decision to attempt the lt4 blower swap. I should have just purchased the procharger from a reputable dealer.
Thanks,, I have heard and read several good reviews on weapon-x, so I hope that they will take care of you. I would have steered you towards Andy from ADM for the LT4 conversion, however I believe they stopped selling the complete kits. Now you can only get everything except the blower from them. It was what I originally intended to do after I saw how taxed the 2650 kits have become.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 05:56 PM   #7
NYblack1le

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Have you tried calling or just emails ?
NYblack1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 09:31 AM   #8
Lil 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYblack1le View Post
Have you tried calling or just emails ?
Just emails. I try to keep a paper trail. Thay way no one can ever say they keep said that. Maybe I should call though?
Old 12-17-2021, 09:33 AM   #9
Lil 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
Thanks,, I have heard and read several good reviews on weapon-x, so I hope that they will take care of you. I would have steered you towards Andy from ADM for the LT4 conversion, however I believe they stopped selling the complete kits. Now you can only get everything except the blower from them. It was what I originally intended to do after I saw how taxed the 2650 kits have become.
I read those same reviews which is why I took a chance.
Old 12-17-2021, 01:49 PM   #10
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
I had some issues with them.
The way i go their attention was to contest the payment with my cc company. It still took a few weeks to get my money back and constant email reminders, but i got there.

Good luck
Old 12-17-2021, 02:57 PM   #11
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
I got a few parts from them and it was not quick service but the parts did end of up coming.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 03:16 PM   #12
Lil 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by h018871 View Post
I had some issues with them.
The way i go their attention was to contest the payment with my cc company. It still took a few weeks to get my money back and constant email reminders, but i got there.

Good luck
It sucks it had to come to that. Glad you got your money back. I'm attempting to get mine. They're refusing to give me my money back because it's a "custom" order and that it's against policy. What joke. I could maybe understand if they bothered to fulfill my order and then I tried to return it, but no! They can't even manage to send me a list of the items I'm supposed to receive let alone the full kit.

To those of you that have had a good experience with them consider yourself lucky.

Tags
lt4 swap, weapon-x