#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-05-2018, 02:22 PM   #225
That_Redleg_Guy

Drives: 2018 2SS Redline Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Another hothead crying lemon law. You're the reason this forum is cluster of repeated useless posts.
Another spoiled kid who has never had to work for anything. You’re the reason this forum sucks.
That_Redleg_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:45 PM   #226
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Redleg_Guy View Post
Another spoiled kid who has never had to work for anything. You’re the reason this forum sucks.
Spoiled kid? I have a college age "kid" and came from poverty. I just get tired of people coming on here crying about things already clearly listed and expecting some pitty party. We ALL have the same problem. Most of us accept a fix is coming and will wait, the rest cry like a baby and keep going to the dealer for a solution that doesn't exist then come on here announcing it like you're going to receive some E-cookie for doing nothing at all.

But go get your paper trail and cry buyback with all the other crybabies while the rest of us enjoy the car we bought and didn't have buyers remorse over.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:06 AM   #227
18Hotwheels-SS

Drives: 2018 Hotwheels 2SS #117
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Redleg_Guy View Post
Wanted to update everyone and let you all know that the triple flush did absolutely nothing. I drove it for a couple of days before I called the service department at my dealership to let them know the shudder still exists. They told me to put a thousand miles on it and then let them know if it improved. It did not. In fact, it's gotten worse. When I called them back, I was told that they no longer had a transmission guy and flushing it again wasn't the route to go. I was also told to try another service department at a different dealership, something I'm not willing to do since (a) this is their problem, not mine and (b) I don't have time to drive all over the state in an attempt to have my four month old car repaired because I have to work for a living.

So I called Chevrolet on Thursday, November 29. They took my information and told me that a senior advisor would be contacting the dealership, blah, blah, blah, and someone would contact me in a couple of days. That was six days ago. I just contacted Chevrolet again and was told that they would update my file and let the senior advisor know I had been in contact with them again.

The lemon law in my state is pretty standard and allows the manufacturer three attempts to resolve the issue before they must either replace the vehicle or refund the entire purchase price, trade-in allowance, and taxes, registration fees, and other assorted money I have tied up in this $48,000 car. As much as I love this car, I may end up giving it back to Chevrolet. I have bought five new vehicles from Chevrolet since 2012, including FOUR Camaros, and have never had an issue until now.
I am lucky enough to have another vehicle to drive. If I didn't I would be very upset. My car is so bad I don't even want to drive it. I buy a car for the enjoyment it brings. Most of use do. If we wanted a car to go from point A to B only you would not buy a Camaro and if you disagree your lying to yourself. We all bought the car to enjoy the experience we get from something about it. Sometimes it the look of the car, the performance, and others what status it makes you think you get with it. me factor. The look atI don't give a crap if everyone thinks what I drive is the ugliest car on the planet. I just care about what I think and feel about it. Right now I don't care much for my 2SS. I actually dislike the car because it is NO fun to drive. Redleg I agree with you. I feel spending what we have for the cars we should get out of it what we wanted and paid for. Nsxmatt if your car was having the same issue you may think differently if you bought it to enjoy driving it, if you just bought it for looks and status than you have what you paid for. Park it in your front yard, put a big sign in front of it that says look at me and what i drive. You then too will get the feeling you paid for. I did not get what I paid for and I do expect GM to give me what I paid for, the driving experience.
2018 Hot Wheels 2SS #117, For Sale
2018 Hot Wheels 2LT Convertible. #506, Still Have
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Long Horn, Still Have
2017 Challenger Hellcat
2008 Challenger SRT8
1970 Camaro RS/Z28, Still Have
1955 Willys CJ3B, Still Have
18Hotwheels-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 05:54 AM   #228
bturner2

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue, Sunroof, NPP, MRC
Hard to argue that this problem has gone on way too long. I know the issue drives me nuts when on the freeway and if I were on the road for work like I was 10 years ago I would probably be much more vocal. Now that I'm driving more in the 6K miles/year range the annual trans flush seems to be keeping the symptoms at bay.

That being said unless an actual fix, along with a warranty extension comes in the next year I'll be getting out of my car and with it GM products. While I might not like waiting I do understand the scope of the issue GM faces with this type of situation. I'm sure they understand that whatever they do to it has to actually fix this problem correctly or they'll have a real mess on their hands.
bturner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:37 AM   #229
Camaro #5

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS (2LT, V6)
Nsxmatt - dude - chill out. I don't think anybody here doesn't know a fix is coming soon and is trying to get a dealer to come up with another solution. The thing is, this problem really makes the car suck to drive, and even though everybody knows the flush is not a true solution, it has at least stopped the problem in the meantime. I and everyone else here just wants that to get us to the Q1 fix at least. Personally, I am just worried that just letting it go in the meantime will cause more damage that they won't cover in the fix, and I'm sure others feel the same way. This car is my only one and I drive it 40 miles a day on my commute. I can deal with it until the Q1 fix if I have to, but I just hope I'm not causing more damage to other components in the meantime. And yeah, I only have this car for the joy it brings. I gave up a fully working, totally fine nice car to get this car and feel a little cheated now. I don't want to give up this car, but if that Q1 fix doesn't work, I guess I'm going Mustang for the first time.

I'm sure nobody actually wants to use the lemon law, but it's a good idea to get prepared for that in case the fix doesn't work. Remember that they had a fix already and it didn't work. The problem has been ongoing for 3 years. It's hard to blame us if we don't have full confidence that they are going to fix it for good this time.
Camaro #5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:43 PM   #230
Chris g.

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT/RS Black on Black
I have a 2018 lt RS V6 with only 900 miles that's experiencing this already.
The first day I took delivery of the car I did notice it a little bit but didn't think much of it just driving around in town. When I first got it out on the highway last weekend I really started to notice it. And when using the cruise control it's just ridiculous how much the RPMs jump up and down.

So after reading up on all this, this is a issue that's been ongoing for 3 years and there still really no definite fix for this?

Hard to believe I just purchased a brand new vehicle that has issues right off the bat..And not just a minor issue we're talkin about the freaking transmission / torque converter.

Taking it to the dealership Monday to drop it off and hope that they come up with something that's going to remedy this and not just put a Band-Aid on it.
Chris g. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:48 AM   #231
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Here come the lawyers & class action investigations:
Attached Images

Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:06 PM   #232
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
This does not look promising to me...........
Attached Images

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:16 PM   #233
Camaro #5

So hopefully this is just detailing the physical things needing to be shipped and the service bulletin itself will include a tune and instructions to replace the torque converter if it's too far gone. One can hope, anyway. Thanks for posting that regardless. It's nice to hear any news about this.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #234
TexasHulkster

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
Had to take my 2017 RS in for this problem on Monday. The car has 18,350 miles on it. The dealership called this morning and said that they are doing a one-time flush of the transmission fluid, I asked why they were not following the 3-step procedure in SI #156-NA-175. The rep said that in their experience, a one-time flush solves the problem in 75% of cases. Argued about it a bit, and he said that if the problem reoccurred after 350 miles, the plan would be to go head and install a new TCC.

Not too pleased about them not following the SI. Thoughts anyone?
TexasHulkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:41 PM   #235
Camaro #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHulkster View Post
Had to take my 2017 RS in for this problem on Monday. The car has 18,350 miles on it. The dealership called this morning and said that they are doing a one-time flush of the transmission fluid, I asked why they were not following the 3-step procedure in SI #156-NA-175. The rep said that in their experience, a one-time flush solves the problem in 75% of cases. Argued about it a bit, and he said that if the problem reoccurred after 350 miles, the plan would be to go head and install a new TCC.

Not too pleased about them not following the SI. Thoughts anyone?
I hear you. The dealership I went to did the same thing, and swore to me that GM said they can only do a single flush now when I pressed them on it. It definitely did not fix my problem. Seemed to go away for about a day, and now 600 miles later, it's still doing it. They actually put a note on mine saying that if it didn't work, I would have to wait until the Q1 fix. I don't know that that would be followed if I went to another dealer, but ultimately decided to wait since we're this close to Q1. I am concerned that I will have TC damage by the time the Q1 fix comes out though and they might not replace it without me arguing them down.

Chances are, if you went back after 350 miles for a new TC, they would then refer to the bulletin which says not to replace the TC because of the upcoming Q1 fix.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:00 PM   #236
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Until the new fluid and procedure goes live globally, any deviation from 16-NA-175 or 18NA-177 will result in un-paid dealer claims. Tomorrow the new procedure, and info on the new fluid will be demonstrated via EIB through the learning center.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:26 PM   #237
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Hi. I just wanted to affirm. I just took my SS on a 900 mile road trip between TX and Atlanta GA. While on the interstate, I felt my car shuddering when applying mild acceleration at speeds between 60 and 80 MPH. Feels alittle like running over rumble strips...alittle...is this the infamous torque shudder? I want to try to have it fixed before returning to Texas. Is there a TSB I can show my dealer? I know it's been hashed over endlessly and there probably is one it's just hard looking stuff up on this phone and I'm not near my PC in TX.

Thanks.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:38 PM   #238
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Charger
Welcome to the club.
ChickenPoop is offline   Reply With Quote