Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-28-2018, 08:07 PM   #1
Hitman84

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE
My 2018 Hyper Blue Metallic 2LT RS

Purchased my first new car and Camaro back in may of 2013. A 2013 IOM 2LT. I loved the car the first time I saw it in the Transformers Movie.
Being born in 84 I was naturally a Transformers fan but specifically avoided yellow because of that.

Ordered the new car on March 28. There's no doubt I think we all would prefer to have a SS but in my situation it didn't make sense, not necessarily monetarily but just for my day to day lifestyle. I drive 50 miles one for work, live in the North East and my 13 and now 18 are my only car and daily Driver.

2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT
V6
A8 Auto
Hyper Blue Metallic
Silver Rally Stripes
RS Package
Ceramic White Interior
Convenience and Lighting
Embroidered Heritage Console
NPP Performance Exhaust
Sema Grille
Illuminated Black Bowtie
Body Color Splash Guards
Sport Pedals

I got a phone call on May 9th that my new car was ready. Little did I know they were wrong. I rolled up to the dealer and could see A car from the street and was already getting excited. As I got closer though I realized that can't be my car, it's missing stuff I ordered!
The dealer hadn't installed ANY of my LPO ordered options.

5 Years later to the exact day I traded in my first new car and picked up an 18 2LT RS.

As you can see, my dealer obviously never had the sema grille ordered and put the RS badge in the wrong place. By the time I was finished with them I'd been there for 3 hours and just didn't want to wait any longer and left with it where it is, for now. They'll be fixing it on my first oil change(which is tomorrow as of this post).

I honestly don't know how many, or if any mods will be done but as of today the front bumper, mirrors and rear rockers have been Xpelled and I have a nice little Emblempros RS badge on the wheel.

If I do anything else it will probably be minor Cosemetics. Different wheel Center Caps, premium style floor mats, a Spoiler, either GM Hi Wing, GM Blade or ACS Composites Decklid. Also would like to get the ZL1 Brake Light and the Darkened GM Tail Lamps. I would like to avoid black for much else, I feel it's over done and would like to stick with the Blue and Silver Theme of the car has going on.

Last edited by Hitman84; 05-29-2018 at 11:04 PM.
Hitman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:06 PM   #2
Hitman84

Went to dealer today for Oil Change and move of the RS badge. They moved the mounting bracket but something with the back of the Badge fell apart. They had to order another one. Kind of annoying but should be a 5 second install when I go back.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:39 PM   #3
Red Devil's Rebel

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS V6/A8
Found you!!

Congrats!!! So exciting!!

Whoa, check out that after photo vs the before!

Came out so good, love how all the details come together!

Neat seeing your 5th gen too!
Any thoughts/observations on 5th vs 6th gen experience?
Old 05-29-2018, 11:16 PM   #4
Hitman84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil's Rebel View Post
Found you!!

Congrats!!! So exciting!!

Whoa, check out that after photo vs the before!

Came out so good, love how all the details come together!

Neat seeing your 5th gen too!
Any thoughts/observations on 5th vs 6th gen experience?

Totally different with the options! Hehe

There are three obvious things that stand out from 5th to 6th. The size, 6th is definitely smaller, both in physical size but also feel. The rear seats are completely useless, not that they were much better in the 5th. It just feels smaller inside, more sporty I guess. Trunk is smaller too, which is obvious but it's interesting to see it first hand.

2nd would be it definitely has more get up and go. Haven't really gotten on it yet because of break in but can definitely feel the difference.

3rd is sound, IIRC NPP wasn't available for V6 on the 2013(and if it wasn't I didn't get it for the same reasons I went 2LT with no RS, conscious compromises of what I was willing to pay for at the time). The 6th sounds way better,, it's no V8 but after driving my 5th gen for 5 years I still grin when the RPMs get over 2500.

Last edited by Hitman84; 05-30-2018 at 12:52 AM.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:27 PM   #5
Red Devil's Rebel

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS V6/A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman84 View Post

Totally different with the options! Hehe

There are three obvious things that stand out from 5th to 6th. The size, 6th is definitely smaller, both in physical size but also feel. The rear seats are completely useless, not that they were much better in the 5th. It just feels smaller inside, more sporty I guess. Trunk is smaller too, which is obvious but it's interesting to see it first hand.

2nd would be it definitely has more get up and go. Haven't really gotten on it yet because of break in but can definitely feel the difference.

3rd is sound, IIRC NPP wasn't available for V6 on the 2013(and if it wasn't I didn't get it for the same reasons I went 2LT with no RS, conscious compromises of what I was willing to pay for at the time). The 6th sounds way better,, it's no V8 but after driving my 5th gen for 5 years I still grin when the RPMs get over 2500.

Very cool, I've never driven a 5th gen so it's interesting to hear the differences.

Glad you're enjoying your new ride!!
Old 06-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #6
Hitman84

Looks so much better with that badge in the proper spot!
Old 07-10-2018, 08:14 PM   #7
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman84 View Post
Looks so much better with that badge in the proper spot!
Yes it really does. And that Sema grille looks awesome.... Make sure you check threads here on the forum on how to keep your ceramic white interior looking like new....
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote