Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 11-12-2016, 09:58 PM   #1
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Drives: Blue 2016 Camaro
Multiple Issues; Recourse

Hey guys!

Over the last 6 months as some of you may know I've had multiple issues. I've been to the dealer service center 7 times.

1. Wind noise which I brought up every single time. Every time until the 6th visit they said they couldn't reproduce it. After that they attempted the fix but weren't able to fix it completely.

2. Microphone issues which they have attempted 5 repairs on. The fixed it briefly but it became less clear again.

3. Maybe engine speed? I've never got under 6.8 seconds 0-60 and they refuse to admit that that is a problem.

4. Taillights dying on me. Fixed on first complaint.

5. RPM Gauge dying twice. Fixed but the problem came back. It has only died twice (but I had video proof that it happened).

6. Something else I'm forgetting.

Based off of this would lemon lawing the car seem reasonable? I looooove the car but am sick of being without it for days at a time with a shitty rental car. I'd love for the car to not have these tiny issues.

Worst case scenario is it reasonable to ask GM for compensation like that other person did? Id be happy to get $2,500 GM accessory credit

EDIT: Mistook my best 0-60 time. It's actually never been better than 6.8, I've never seen 6.1 as I mentioned earlier.

Last edited by Giri; 11-13-2016 at 10:36 PM.
Giri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 10:03 PM   #2
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
The Lemon Law covers defects or conditions that substantially impair the use, value or safety of a new or demonstrator vehicle (these are called "nonconformities"). These defects must be first reported to the manufacturer or its authorized service agent (usually, this is the dealer) during the "Lemon Law Rights Period," which is the first 24 months after the date of delivery of the motor vehicle to the consumer. If the manufacturer fails to conform the vehicle to the warranty after a reasonable number of attempts to repair these defects, the law requires the manufacturer to buy back the defective vehicle and give the consumer a purchase price refund or a replacement vehicle. The law does not cover defects that result from accident, neglect, abuse, modification or alteration by persons other than the manufacturer or its authorized service agent. DO NOT DELAY in reporting a problem as this may cost valuable time and protection.

http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/...256cc9005da68a

good luck
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 10:29 AM   #3
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giri View Post
Hey guys!

Over the last 6 months as some of you may know I've had multiple issues. I've been to the dealer service center 7 times.

1. Wind noise which I brought up every single time. Every time until the 6th visit they said they couldn't reproduce it. After that they attempted the fix but weren't able to fix it completely.

Every Camaro suffers from this it's caused by the mirrors.

2. Microphone issues which they have attempted 5 repairs on. The fixed it briefly but it became less clear again.

Never had this issue did the NC plug come loose off the amp in the back?

3. Maybe engine speed? I've never got under 6.1 seconds 0-60 and they refuse to admit that that is a problem.

Didn't see in your car description under your avatar but if your driving an SS or V6 that's terrible I can hit 5.6 with a bad shift on my 2.0T.

4. Taillights dying on me. Fixed on first complaint.

Good that they fixed it seems like water could get into these honestly we'll see how winter goes up here.

5. RPM Gauge dying twice. Fixed but the problem came back. It has only died twice (but I had video proof that it happened).

Never had the gauge but occasionally my info dash next to my RPM & MPH will go out I just restart and it comes back no issue.

6. Something else I'm forgetting.

Based off of this would lemon lawing the car seem reasonable? I looooove the car but am sick of being without it for days at a time with a shitty rental car. I'd love for the car to not have these tiny issues.

Your dealership should be putting you into a comparable car everytime a dealership that doesn't isn't worth using.

Worst case scenario is it reasonable to ask GM for compensation like that other person did? Id be happy to get $2,500 GM accessory credit
You could try, but go talk to your salesman with a list of the work done go thru that channel before dealing with the service managers. If s/he was a stand-up sales rep they'd try to go to bat for you if the issues make sense and this will make it easier to deal with the managers who will ultimately have the final say on supporting you.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 11:24 AM   #4
gfxv2388

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Hyper metallic Blue
Dear Giri,

I am sorry you are having multiple issues. I believe I am the person you are referring to who received a GM credit for the multiple issues I have had. I brought my card to service 4 times in the 1st 6 weeks of owning the car. I had problems which more much more easier to prove such as a coolant leak and multiple suspension issues.

GM initially was only willing to give me a $250 credit. After speaking with several supervisors I finally settled on a $500 credit (I had the 2SS still plates installed with the credit). I really wanted a extended warrantee however GM was not budge. I wish you good luck however I highly doubt you will receive that much in accessory credit. You best bet may be to pursue the lemon law if you are still having issues.

By the way my salesperson was Becky. Unfortunately Roger Chevrolet did not help with calling GM or providing an extended warrantee. This was despite the fact that my 1st problem occurred after 2 days ownership of the car when I had coolant all over my driveway.

I wish you good luck. Let us know how it goes.
gfxv2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 02:47 PM   #5
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Thank you guys for your input!
The microphone issue is related to the wind noise. The first time they fixed the issue they said the body of the car had a leak that was causing an air leak which caused the sound, which caused the microphone picking up the sound and not working. It was fixed temporarily but stopped working again after a few weeks.

Here's what the repair time line looked like (I miscounted how many times I've been in)

Also gfxv2388 you were one of the people who I was referring to with the second being this thread:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473093
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2016, 03:19 PM   #6
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 1LT
0-60 time as a complaint brought to the dealer, that's new... lol. My time is worse than yours and that's because I suck at launching also others on here have reported the built-in timers may not be terribly accurate.

Also, my car was in the shop for the first four weeks, GM paid for an entire month's payment. I wouldn't expect more than about $500 as repayment for time lost, that seems to be the max from what I've seen around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2016, 10:28 PM   #7
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

6.8 seconds on an automatic 2.0T is good? This was the best I ever got and 7.1 is normal. I feel like I should be getting what I was advertised since the weather was good and my tires are in great condition.

In that thread that person says he got $2,500 just for the whistling noise?

I'm not chasing money here, just would like my car to work the way it's supposed to, or to feel a little better for the 6 times so far I've had to be without my car for days at a time.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:56 AM   #8
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Again whistling noise is caused by the mirrors it's the design of the car not a defect in production. I'm not sure why you guys would argue 0-60 times so many things can affect that and yes the onboard timer isn't all that accurate but it's a solid benchmark.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote