Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 05-29-2020, 11:10 AM   #1
cam1217

Drives: Camaro SS
MRT exhaust version 3

Does anyone have this exhaust for an A8 ss and got the AFM plates with it?. And do the plates work to prevent the CEL lights from going on?
cam1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 01:05 PM   #2
Bohanan23

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
A lot of money for a muffler delete axleback. Go with MBRP just my suggestion.
Bohanan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 01:25 PM   #3
ssyellow1

Drives: Mustang
I cannot recommend this company for the life of me.

I had numerous rattles in the exhaust on my Mustang from their system, and they always said it was something else making the noise. Funny, when I took their system off, everything went away. This was after probably 5 trips to their shop for resolutions.

An employee even reached out to me on Facebook apologizing for the actions of their shop once he left, as he felt quite poor about how I was treated.

Avoid.
ssyellow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 01:54 PM   #4
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
I live near MRT I know the owner and this company pretty well. Let me just say this....in the past they have produced top notch exhaust systems for both the Mustang and Camaro. However with that said, I do hear hear more complaints within the 6th gen Camaro community. Maybe R&D and QC have went down in the last few years, IDK but in the past they've been great. I know this doesn't answer your specific question, but I just wanted to throw that out there about the company since I'm very familiar with them
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 02:12 PM   #5
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
I remember them being the bee's knees for the v6 5th gen.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:04 AM   #6
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1217 View Post
Does anyone have this exhaust for an A8 ss and got the AFM plates with it?. And do the plates work to prevent the CEL lights from going on?
Ok recently, I have installed MRT midpipe connected to AWE Track Edition setup(which is really their version 3).. I do have the plates installed and I didn't get a CEL light. The MRT NPP plates are for the actuators. That's where the plates connect too. I did get a CEL light not related to plates but for passenger bank2 and post cats running too rich.. they are going to change the sensor this week but so far i have no complaints and the car runs good. Ill post a video on here soon.

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 07:44 PM   #7
cam1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen View Post
Ok recently, I have installed MRT midpipe connected to AWE Track Edition setup(which is really their version 3).. I do have the plates installed and I didn't get a CEL light. The MRT NPP plates are for the actuators. That's where the plates connect too. I did get a CEL light not related to plates but for passenger bank2 and post cats running too rich.. they are going to change the sensor this week but so far i have no complaints and the car runs good. Ill post a video on here soon.
In videos it hard to tell but in person, how much louder is your car with an exhaust compared to the factory npp active exhaust? And how much more deeper is the tone?
Old 06-03-2020, 09:58 PM   #8
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Quote:
Quick update: after removing the battery the CEL went away after disconnecting the battery for 15mins

Old 06-03-2020, 09:59 PM   #9
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Quote:
In videos it hard to tell but in person, how much louder is your car with an exhaust compared to the factory npp active exhaust? And how much more deeper is the tone?
Oh it's wayyy louder than stock NPP. There’s not question about it when WOT. The tone is deeper. It’s deeper and than I thought it would be but it’s the exact tone I was looking for.

Last edited by Blackmonba6Gen; 06-04-2020 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:00 PM   #10
cam1217

Quote:
Oh it's wayyy louder than stock NPP. There’s not question about it when WOT. The tone is deeper. It’s deeper and than I thought it would be but it’s the exact tone I was looking for.
I have another question I forgot to ask. Did you zip tie the AFM actuator to the exhaust pipe or did it have a holder for it?
Old 06-10-2020, 10:25 AM   #11
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Quote:
I have another question I forgot to ask. Did you zip tie the AFM actuator to the exhaust pipe or did it have a holder for it?
I am not sure since I didn't install it..but it should be a holder in place..