CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   MRT exhaust version 3 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576205)

cam1217 05-29-2020 11:10 AM

MRT exhaust version 3

Does anyone have this exhaust for an A8 ss and got the AFM plates with it?. And do the plates work to prevent the CEL lights from going on?

Bohanan23 05-29-2020 01:05 PM

A lot of money for a muffler delete axleback. Go with MBRP just my suggestion.

ssyellow1 05-29-2020 01:25 PM

I cannot recommend this company for the life of me.

I had numerous rattles in the exhaust on my Mustang from their system, and they always said it was something else making the noise. Funny, when I took their system off, everything went away. This was after probably 5 trips to their shop for resolutions.

An employee even reached out to me on Facebook apologizing for the actions of their shop once he left, as he felt quite poor about how I was treated.

Avoid.

HCI2000SS 05-29-2020 01:54 PM

I live near MRT I know the owner and this company pretty well. Let me just say this....in the past they have produced top notch exhaust systems for both the Mustang and Camaro. However with that said, I do hear hear more complaints within the 6th gen Camaro community. Maybe R&D and QC have went down in the last few years, IDK but in the past they've been great. I know this doesn't answer your specific question, but I just wanted to throw that out there about the company since I'm very familiar with them

enzia35 05-29-2020 02:12 PM

I remember them being the bee's knees for the v6 5th gen.

Blackmonba6Gen 06-02-2020 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cam1217 (Post 10800082)
Does anyone have this exhaust for an A8 ss and got the AFM plates with it?. And do the plates work to prevent the CEL lights from going on?

Ok recently, I have installed MRT midpipe connected to AWE Track Edition setup(which is really their version 3).. I do have the plates installed and I didn't get a CEL light. The MRT NPP plates are for the actuators. That's where the plates connect too. I did get a CEL light not related to plates but for passenger bank2 and post cats running too rich.. they are going to change the sensor this week but so far i have no complaints and the car runs good. Ill post a video on here soon.

cam1217 06-03-2020 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen (Post 10802478)
Ok recently, I have installed MRT midpipe connected to AWE Track Edition setup(which is really their version 3).. I do have the plates installed and I didn't get a CEL light. The MRT NPP plates are for the actuators. That's where the plates connect too. I did get a CEL light not related to plates but for passenger bank2 and post cats running too rich.. they are going to change the sensor this week but so far i have no complaints and the car runs good. Ill post a video on here soon.

In videos it hard to tell but in person, how much louder is your car with an exhaust compared to the factory npp active exhaust? And how much more deeper is the tone?

Blackmonba6Gen 06-03-2020 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen (Post 10802478)

Quick update: after removing the battery the CEL went away after disconnecting the battery for 15mins

Blackmonba6Gen 06-03-2020 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cam1217 (Post 10803646)
In videos it hard to tell but in person, how much louder is your car with an exhaust compared to the factory npp active exhaust? And how much more deeper is the tone?

Oh it's wayyy louder than stock NPP. There’s not question about it when WOT. The tone is deeper. It’s deeper and than I thought it would be but it’s the exact tone I was looking for.

cam1217 06-08-2020 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen (Post 10803741)
Oh it's wayyy louder than stock NPP. There’s not question about it when WOT. The tone is deeper. It’s deeper and than I thought it would be but it’s the exact tone I was looking for.

I have another question I forgot to ask. Did you zip tie the AFM actuator to the exhaust pipe or did it have a holder for it?

Blackmonba6Gen 06-10-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cam1217 (Post 10806630)
I have another question I forgot to ask. Did you zip tie the AFM actuator to the exhaust pipe or did it have a holder for it?

I am not sure since I didn't install it..but it should be a holder in place..