Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 10-10-2018, 10:28 PM   #15
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasnt3 View Post
My car achieves 31 MPG on long trips with a safe E85 flex tune that keeps my AFM. It also hits high 11's on the stock run flats. Very little done, and fairly quick with little stress on the drive train. I commend ZZP and those that are pushing the limits of the LTG. Very exciting! But the LT1 and LT4 are not that bad. And for those that bought those platforms for better fuel economy or cheaper insurance, if you attempt to become as quick as a stock or simple bolt on LT1, are you paying less overall?
Yes you are paying less probably going to sacrifice some drivability as well though. Don't see why your in this discussion thread wasn't meant for the V8 crowd atleast the V6 crowd can have a respectable conversation without the penis size contest.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:19 AM   #16
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
So last fall we had a spike in people going to the dragstrips and nothing at all this fall outside the ZZP guys and Me making better times.

I will be going the 26th of this month, or possibly the last track day on Nov 2nd for this cars maiden voyage. Hope to grab a video.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:39 AM   #17
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Ill be up in New Hampshire with Evil Bee on the 21st for drag racing and potentially the 20th for a dyno day. Tune getting installed this weekend

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:23 PM   #18
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
I'm actually going tomorrow night. LVMS Midnight Mayhem. I'n in Utah and our typical DA is over 5000' and up to to 7500' or more in the summer. So yeah, I'm driving 6 hrs to Vegas for probably 3 runs in 2900-3100 DA. I've not been to the track since I've added the Procharger.
That's cool but your in the wrong section.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 10-12-2018, 06:19 AM   #19
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Really?, I have to have I4 to comment on racing? I knew that when I posted I was not in the V8 category, just didn't think anyone was going be a dick about it.
I'll delete the post.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:38 AM   #20
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Hahah, Evil's n trouble again!! ROFL

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
Old 10-12-2018, 07:38 AM   #21
verdicaysen

Drives: 18' 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:
verdicaysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:54 AM   #22
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Hahah, Evil's n trouble again!! ROFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by verdicaysen View Post
You thumb down me but we just had another V8 @sshat in here earlier i believe someone posted something tjen took it down soon after?

Old 10-12-2018, 07:44 PM   #23
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Quote:
Yes you are paying less probably going to sacrifice some drivability as well though. Don't see why your in this discussion thread wasn't meant for the V8 crowd atleast the V6 crowd can have a respectable conversation without the penis size contest.
My discussion isn't meant as a disrespect. It's an honest view of why you don't see many of the LTG or V6 crowd at the drag strip. They are great cars, and I never said they weren't. I stated that I'd own one if I didn't want to race. They are plenty fast for the street.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:50 PM   #24
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
My discussion isn't meant as a disrespect. It's an honest view of why you don't see many of the LTG or V6 crowd at the drag strip. They are great cars, and I never said they weren't. I stated that I'd own one if I didn't want to race. They are plenty fast for the street.
By your logic if you wanted to race you’d get the fastest model or not waste your time with it. So since you don’t have a ZL1 I wouldn’t bother going to the track anymore.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:48 PM   #25
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
I occasionally run the 1/8th mile flashlight drags but stopped going. My prognosis is these cars are quick on the street but as soon as you go to a performance event were outclassed. Its no fun getting lined up against and beat up on by v8's all day.
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:51 PM   #26
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
By your logic if you wanted to race you’d get the fastest model or not waste your time with it. So since you don’t have a ZL1 I wouldn’t bother going to the track anymore.
No, what I'm saying is that the V8 has a tremendous amount of support to help a racer out. Look, I don't street race or run my cars in town like a maniac. I drive basically the speed limit. I also love to go to the track, and the V8 Camaro gives you the advantage of going fairly quick to start with and is a well supported platform in the aftermarket.

The V6 and turbo Camaro are great performers on the street and MORE than quick enough for me. But the engine platform on both are not well supported for racing and it will become very expensive to modify them and keep them from breaking things.

Again, stop with all the negative here. I'm not trying to bash anyone that owns a non-V8 Camaro. I'm being realistic based on the fact that I used to race FWD Buick Regals and Grand Prixs. I made my cars fairly quick and ended up spending a fortune to do so. I broke a ton of parts. I learned that you start with a platform that responds well to slight mods and then have fun without the reliability issues that can come from modding something that very few end up making fast. That's why you don't see a lot of owners racing the turbo or V6 Camaros, they didn't buy them to race. Isn't that your original question in this post?
Old 10-18-2018, 02:32 PM   #27
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
No, what I'm saying is that the V8 has a tremendous amount of support to help a racer out. Look, I don't street race or run my cars in town like a maniac. I drive basically the speed limit. I also love to go to the track, and the V8 Camaro gives you the advantage of going fairly quick to start with and is a well supported platform in the aftermarket.

The V6 and turbo Camaro are great performers on the street and MORE than quick enough for me. But the engine platform on both are not well supported for racing and it will become very expensive to modify them and keep them from breaking things.

Again, stop with all the negative here. I'm not trying to bash anyone that owns a non-V8 Camaro. I'm being realistic based on the fact that I used to race FWD Buick Regals and Grand Prixs. I made my cars fairly quick and ended up spending a fortune to do so. I broke a ton of parts. I learned that you start with a platform that responds well to slight mods and then have fun without the reliability issues that can come from modding something that very few end up making fast. That's why you don't see a lot of owners racing the turbo or V6 Camaros, they didn't buy them to race. Isn't that your original question in this post?
You're trying to come and tell people to race what YOU want to race not what other people want. If everyone picked the same exact car and engine combo to race the world would be boring. That's why you see 4 bangers, rotory's, V6, V8, V10, Inline 6, and everything inbetween at the track. I've raced fast 4cly cars for almost 20 years now and there is ALWAYS a V8 guy saying "you should do this" "you would go faster with a V8 blah blah".

Look, build your own car. Don't come on a message forum and go to a 4cly section and tell them they are wrong for modifying THEIR own car. It's none of your business and nobody cares.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:34 PM   #28
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Hmm... Didn't ZZP run 11.90's with bolt-ons, E50, and a tune?

Interesting....

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----