Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-05-2023, 05:55 PM   #29
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
It would be hard for me to make a purchase like this and have instant regrets. I’d buy a very low mile used one and add an extended warranty through GM. If you like the look and the stance get the one you waited a year for. The first time you look at it in the garage and think why didn’t I get what I wanted. I don’t track my cars either but I have a ZLE and a Z06.
Speaking on the stance why does the 1le stance look so menasing is it lower?
Old 01-05-2023, 05:58 PM   #30
Revalot

Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
As a owner of a ZL1 with 90 % of 1LE OEM parts added I really love my car, the only thing I don't have is 19 inch wheels, my 20's were powder coated gloss black by the previous owner. He had the car for 2600 miles in a year and it spent more time adding the parts, clear wrap on the front and the calipers (with ZL1 on them)were even painted red. I love roadracing, corner carving etc, with my sportbikes, but I have 6 months left on the powertrain, and also want to pay it off before I track it with a cam,katech oil pump and 2650.
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 08:39 PM   #31
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Speaking on the stance why does the 1le stance look so menasing is it lower?
Wider tires/ plus wing makes rear stance + 1le front grille+1le front splitter+canards=most aggressive look from 1le. From my understanding the ride height is the same but I could be wrong it could be minutely different due to the entirely different suspension setups. I only say this blindly because I couldn’t imagine driving around a vehicle any lower than my ZL1 on the streets

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 09:28 PM   #32
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorforschool@gmail.com View Post
Wider tires/ plus wing makes rear stance + 1le front grille+1le front splitter+canards=most aggressive look from 1le. From my understanding the ride height is the same but I could be wrong it could be minutely different due to the entirely different suspension setups. I only say this blindly because I couldn’t imagine driving around a vehicle any lower than my ZL1 on the streets
In addition to the tires, the front and rear wheels are also lower and wider, 19" vs 20", lowering the car. And the front fenders use different brackets mounting to body that stretch fenders themselves a bit wider to help fit the 305s.

Front DSSV ride height is adjustable and I'm as low as you can go. Lowers center of gravity and increases angle of rear wing which helps some on track. That increases menacing look too. I think the dive planes are wider than any other OEM dive planes, they look mean. People who who don't know about this unusual car always assume body is highly modified, even car enthusiasts.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 04:18 AM   #33
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
In addition to the tires, the front and rear wheels are also lower and wider, 19" vs 20", lowering the car. And the front fenders use different brackets mounting to body that stretch fenders themselves a bit wider to help fit the 305s.

Front DSSV ride height is adjustable and I'm as low as you can go. Lowers center of gravity and increases angle of rear wing which helps some on track. That increases menacing look too. I think the dive planes are wider than any other OEM dive planes, they look mean. People who who don't know about this unusual car always assume body is highly modified, even car enthusiasts.
The fenders and brackets are the same as the standard ZL1, this has been discussed many times.
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 09:11 AM   #34
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
The fenders and brackets are the same as the standard ZL1, this has been discussed many times.

is that true? Search feature is crap on here so ZL11LE wheels with 305's clear "standard" front fender at stock ride height? Also to your point seem to recall the ZL11LE not being sold in europe due to dive planes being too wide for TUV specs.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 09:13 AM   #35
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
is that true? Search feature is crap on here so ZL11LE wheels with 305's clear "standard" front fender at stock ride height? Also to your point seem to recall the ZL11LE not being sold in europe due to dive planes being too wide for TUV specs.
Yes its true. And yes to your answer on the 1LE wheels. Dive planes being too wide has nothing to do with the fenders and everything to do with the dive planes.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=583845
Old 01-06-2023, 09:30 AM   #36
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Worth noting you need to shave the top of the bracket on the mag-ride strut to clear the 1LE wheels.

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 10:10 AM   #37
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
Worth noting you need to shave the top of the bracket on the mag-ride strut to clear the 1LE wheels.
I would say that's probably a good idea, but I've heard lots of people say that wasn't needed. I can't say for sure one way or the other since I haven't done it. Just throwing that out there.
Old 01-06-2023, 01:04 PM   #38
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
I would say that's probably a good idea, but I've heard lots of people say that wasn't needed. I can't say for sure one way or the other since I haven't done it. Just throwing that out there.
I have APEX wheels in ZLE fit on my standard Z. I have one strut shaved and one untouched just for a rererence. Neither strut has touched the wheel in 6k miles

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 01:07 PM   #39
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorforschool@gmail.com View Post
I have APEX wheels in ZLE fit on my standard Z. I have one strut shaved and one untouched just for a rererence. Neither strut has touched the wheel in 6k miles
About what I expected. I think if you have you car aligned with a lot of negative camber you might get a little rub on the strut, that may be why some people file down the ears but I think for most people running normal camber it shouldn't be an issue.
Old 01-06-2023, 07:15 PM   #40
MPowered

Drives: cam of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Rocks View Post
Well, I had to make a tough call today as my dealer informed me that I can continue to wait after a year and hope for a 1LE or I can take a ZL1 that is configured with everything I wanted except the 1LE package and have a production date of Jan 23, 2023. He said 1LEs may not ever be available considering the current restraints. Not sure how true that is but after a year that’s looking closer to reality than not. Really wanted the 1LE but I am tired of waiting and went with the sure thing. A bit disappointed but loved my 2013 ZL1 so this will certainly be a bit of an upgrade, nevertheless.

There are more new ZLEs available now than last year, so you should be able to get one for msrp or less. Did you only want to purchase in your area not willing to travel or transport?
MPowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 07:57 PM   #41
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
As everyone has said its all about preferences…..wanted more street and not going to track it.
Plus the only pieces I liked about the 1LE package was the wing and the darker taillights so I added them…
Go with your gut and get the one you know is going to make you happy, no regrets…
Attached Images

Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 12:52 AM   #42
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs up

The ZL1 (non-1LE) is the best street option and still you would enjoy it at the track.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote