Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 12-10-2017, 10:54 AM   #239
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Did I hurt your feelings? Why are you concerned with what I have to say about the Ford camp? Do I care what they say over there about us? LOL!! Maybe you just need to buck up and stop being sensitive.

As far as driving my cars, I went to the track 3 times this year. It was my first and only three times in this car and I am not about to beat my car to shit (and snap a driveshaft, lol) just to make a good pass. This car costs $70K and if something breaks on the track then my warranty is denied. It is not worth the risk. It isn't some base model GT and I don't treat it as such. That's how I am. I had 3 passes each of the three times I went. Each time my first two passes were good and the third one was bad. The 11.8 was my 7th overall pass. And I clearly posted exactly how my runs were done. And the fact is that my goal the first time out was to baby my car to an 12.4 and work it down to a 12 flat because that is all I wanted out of it. I don't get paid to beat my shit on the track. And I'm not one of the guys out there examining my slip and trying to figure out how to get this faster or what mode to use and what to launch at and what the perfect tire pressure is...because I don't care. I go there for the fun of it. And I, of all people, someone who doesn't know anything according to you, busted off an 11.8 at 121 MPH with no effort in the run. That says a lot about the potential of this car and what I could do if I got serious with it.

Nobody has to "properly drive" their cars just to please you. How many people over on M6G are talking shit and never even been to the track at all? At the very least I go and I posted my slips and videos and have no shame in it which is far more than anyone can say about you.

So you ran 10s in a notchback with an auto trans on ET Streets...lol!! No wonder you're ashamed. That isn't even impressive. My 91 GT with me in it and about 150 pounds of scrap metal in the back weighed just over 3200 pounds. Those cars are light as hell, have a massive aftermarket, can be gutted to weigh even less...anyone can get a Foxbody, gut it, mod it, and run 10s. A friend of mine has a Fox with a single turbo on it making about 500 and runs 10s consistently. Shit another friend of mine simply gutted the hell out of his and did low 13s or something. Those cars are literally the easiest and cheapest cars to buy, mod and run 10s. You could probably do it for $5K including the price of the damn car itself. Try modding one of these newer cars into the 10s and then brag to me. BTW, when was this that you actually ran 10s? Recent? 15 years ago?
Lol, I DID have $5k total in that car. And yes, that was a good 10 years ago. Full interior, AC....daily driven 30+ miles each way. Oh yea, got mid 20's mpg on the highway.

BTW, I ran high 10's at 130mph on nitto drag radials. I daily drove with both the ET streets and nitto's.

It's curious that you are claiming butthurt when my extremely cheap fox build would have totally demolished your car on the track. Hell, I don't even own that car anymore.

And you have two $60k+ cars and are scared to void your warranty at the track? Not a whole lot of confidence in your cars I see. What exactly are you scared to break that you cant afford to fix?
Old 12-10-2017, 10:55 AM   #240
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
LOL, where have I ever deflected from talking about my "horrid" ZL1 times? I can go on and on about it.

And my post was in direct comparison to yours about the Lund GT being 4th on our ZL1 list. Here is the info again.
Every single post you have deflects. Why else would you post what 5th gen cars have done compared to previous model year mustangs. LOL. Too funny.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:12 AM   #241
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
Lol, I DID have $5k total in that car. And yes, that was a good 10 years ago. Full interior, AC....daily driven 30+ miles each way. Oh yea, got mid 20's mpg on the highway.
BS, you had it gutted. No AC, you bypassed it with the dummy-pulley. You ripped out the back seats and probably even the door panels and who knows what else. And it wasn't DD'd. If it was then it was because it was all you could afford and it was probably the most torturous horrible ride anyone could imagine. And that was 10 years ago. What have you done recently? 10 years ago I was racing my 03 GT that had a fully forged 4.6 with high boost which I then did a built 5.4 conversion on with 15 psi boost. And I had a 351W powered 95 GT that I self tuned. Fast forward to now and I have a 6th Gen ZL1 and a 17 HC. And what do you have now?
Quote:
It's curious that you are claiming butthurt when my extremely cheap fox build would have totally demolished your car on the track. Hell, I don't even own that car anymore.
What do you own now? And no, I don't care that any kid can buy a Fox and grenade-build it to run 10s. You can have your 10 second 25+ year old car. I'll take my $70K car any day over that garbage.
Quote:
And you have two $60k+ cars and are scared to void your warranty at the track? Not a whole lot of confidence in your cars I see. What exactly are you scared to break that you cant afford to fix?
Actually, my ZL1 MSRP was $69,500 and my HC MSRP was over $70K. And I have the utmost confidence in my cars. I'm just not going to beat the shit out of them to prove it or to run a good time. I baby my cars. I don't do burnouts, NLS, I very rarely go WOT, and I take care of them. It isn't a 25 year old Mustang that I can buy a $500 junkyard engine for and blow it up and not care. And it isn't a base GT that can be bought cheap and then fitted with a used engine if something happens to it. I don't treat expensive stuff like it's cheap. Maybe you should buy one and then we'll see how willing you are to beat on it.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:17 AM   #242
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Every single post you have deflects. Why else would you post what 5th gen cars have done compared to previous model year mustangs. LOL. Too funny.
Well the S550 came out in 2015 and the 5th Gen Camaro was still in production so it is a fair comparison. Plus you guys always compare the GT350 to the 5th Gen ZL1 and 5th Gen Z28. So it is the same thing really. And because the S550 GT can't really compete with the 6th Gen SS since there wouldn't be a GT on the fast list if we took all the top 6th Gen Camaro times and all the S550 GT times and compared the top 25, lol!! So how does it feel that our previous Gen Camaros are beating your current Gen GTs? How does it feel that our current Camaros would dominate your entire S550 list and knock every GT off it? How does it feel that a cheap V6 with a cheap turbo would beat your GTs? Or that the turbo 4cyl guys with mods would beat your GTs?
Old 12-10-2017, 11:29 AM   #243
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
BS, you had it gutted. No AC, you bypassed it with the dummy-pulley. You ripped out the back seats and probably even the door panels and who knows what else. And it wasn't DD'd. If it was then it was because it was all you could afford and it was probably the most torturous horrible ride anyone could imagine. And that was 10 years ago. What have you done recently? 10 years ago I was racing my 03 GT that had a fully forged 4.6 with high boost which I then did a built 5.4 conversion on with 15 psi boost. And I had a 351W powered 95 GT that I self tuned. Fast forward to now and I have a 6th Gen ZL1 and a 17 HC. And what do you have now?

What do you own now? And no, I don't care that any kid can buy a Fox and grenade-build it to run 10s. You can have your 10 second 25+ year old car. I'll take my $70K car any day over that garbage.

Actually, my ZL1 MSRP was $69,500 and my HC MSRP was over $70K. And I have the utmost confidence in my cars. I'm just not going to beat the shit out of them to prove it or to run a good time. I baby my cars. I don't do burnouts, NLS, I very rarely go WOT, and I take care of them. It isn't a 25 year old Mustang that I can buy a $500 junkyard engine for and blow it up and not care. And it isn't a base GT that can be bought cheap and then fitted with a used engine if something happens to it. I don't treat expensive stuff like it's cheap. Maybe you should buy one and then we'll see how willing you are to beat on it.
LOL, full interior. Inside and out...with the exception of the wheels and tires it looked stock. No cowl hood, stock single stage paint, quiet exhaust.

And there you go again with calling other peoples cars garbage while telling everyone else how much you spent on your cars. It's truly telling as to your character.

Let's stop this chain of utter BS rhetoric. It's going nowhere and adding nothing but garbage to this thread.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:38 AM   #244
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
LOL, full interior. Inside and out...with the exception of the wheels and tires it looked stock. No cowl hood, stock single stage paint, quiet exhaust.
You wouldn't happen to have pics I assume...would you?
Quote:
And there you go again with calling other peoples cars garbage while telling everyone else how much you spent on your cars. It's truly telling as to your character.
Nah, I simply explained how I felt about a $5K Foxbody being faster than my cars. You brought it up and you mentioned price. Or have you forgotten?
Quote:
Lol, I DID have $5k total in that car.
It's curious that you are claiming butthurt when my extremely cheap fox build would have totally demolished your car on the track.
Remember?
Quote:
Let's stop this chain of utter BS rhetoric. It's going nowhere and adding nothing but garbage to this thread.
Well you keep replying yet you still haven't answered this:
How does it feel that our previous Gen Camaros are beating your current Gen GTs? How does it feel that our current Camaros would dominate your entire S550 list and knock every GT off it? How does it feel that a cheap V6 with a cheap turbo would beat your GTs? Or that the turbo 4cyl guys with mods would beat your GTs?
Old 12-10-2017, 11:43 AM   #245
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Even comparing those two...Lund is still .3 seconds behind. Again, still competitive.

I don't typically like using a single data-point either. But in the grand scheme of things, the likelihood of the first recorded pass being the fastest is quite small. Will it be the norm? Maybe, maybe not...but it will likely be quick enough to keep stock ZL1 drivers on their toes.
So what you're saying is that if a bone stock ZL1 driven by an average owner driver meets a Lund modified and driven GT at the track, Lund might win?

Fascinating. Tell me more.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-10-2017, 11:47 AM   #246
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
I also read that if the best 15-17 GT run ever matched up against the 30th place run on the SS fast list, he might win too.

The possibilities are endless

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-10-2017, 11:52 AM   #247
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I also read that if the best 15-17 GT run ever matched up against the 30th place run on the SS fast list, he might win too.

The possibilities are endless

He DEFINITELY MIGHT win against #30. Against #29? Ehh...I don't know about that one.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:54 AM   #248
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
You wouldn't happen to have pics I assume...would you?

Nah, I simply explained how I felt about a $5K Foxbody being faster than my cars. You brought it up and you mentioned price. Or have you forgotten?

Remember?

Well you keep replying yet you still haven't answered this:
How does it feel that our previous Gen Camaros are beating your current Gen GTs? How does it feel that our current Camaros would dominate your entire S550 list and knock every GT off it? How does it feel that a cheap V6 with a cheap turbo would beat your GTs? Or that the turbo 4cyl guys with mods would beat your GTs?
Last line of responses on this one.

I do have pictures and a fully documented build including the transmission build and updates. I don't have anything to prove to you though...so you will have to continue to be disappointed by the absence of proof.

As for any cars being faster than S550's....I don't care...really. I don't purchase vehicles because they are the fastest or newest. I don't post pictures of my cars on facebook or on forums. I don't care what other people think of what I drive. I don't tell people how much I did or didn't spend on any of my cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
So what you're saying is that if a bone stock ZL1 driven by an average owner driver meets a Lund modified and driven GT at the track, Lund might win?

Fascinating. Tell me more.
Absolutely. There is not much to tell. Given the only data that we currently have, a Lund tune/tire combo appears to be competitive to a stock ZL1. This is nothing new.

Do you believe otherwise?
Old 12-10-2017, 12:17 PM   #249
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
I guess an SS with cai and tire is competitive with Lund’s E85 tune, tire and air filter pull 18 gt. People have gone from 11.5-11.7 with those mods in SS. Me be being one of them

Interesting...

So a basically stock power SS is competitive with an E85 tune 18 GT.

Do you believe otherwise? Hard data points bro. Extra hard lol
Old 12-10-2017, 12:27 PM   #250
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
I guess an SS with cai and tire is competitive with Lund’s E85 tune, tire and air filter pull 18 gt. People have gone from 11.5-11.7 with those mods in SS. Me be being one of them

Interesting...

So a basically stock power SS is competitive with an E85 tune 18 GT.

Do you believe otherwise? Hard data points bro. Extra hard lol
If they ran an 11.5...absolutely that would be competitive. Numbers don't lie.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:37 PM   #251
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
I do have pictures and a fully documented build including the transmission build and updates. I don't have anything to prove to you though...so you will have to continue to be disappointed by the absence of proof.
Meaning you have no proof. You and your friends posted video after video and talked about our fast list vs Lund and LMR and you made all these claims about the 18 GT and the SS and our ZL1s and comparing times and talking about my time slips and my cars and what I do at the track...and yet you refuse to post evidence of something you (allegedly) actually owned? LOL! And your defense is that you have nothing to prove? Yea, sounds like more of the same BS.
Quote:
As for any cars being faster than S550's....I don't care...really. I don't purchase vehicles because they are the fastest or newest. I don't post pictures of my cars on facebook or on forums. I don't care what other people think of what I drive. I don't tell people how much I did or didn't spend on any of my cars.
Right. Because you don't have any proof that you own anything that would give you some credibility. You don't post pics on FB or forums yet you'll argue for weeks on end about performance related aspects of Mustangs? LOL! Even that is BS. I don't know 1 person who is on FB that doesn't post pics of their car or their time slips. We all have pics right on our computers that we can post up in a sec...except for you. Right. Everyone on the Mustang forum has at least one pic of their Mustang. Except you. You had a 10 sec Fox, full interior, all options, over 500 to the wheels, on a trans that you say you built, and you don't have one picture of any of this on social media to back up your claims? Very convenient lie.

You don't care about other cars being faster than the S550...but you'll gladly point out that you think Lund's GT can beat or hang with our ZL1s...while completely ignoring that not one GT would be on the fast list if there were SS Camaros on that same list. So you only care about when you think the GT has a chance to win right? Got it.
Quote:
Absolutely. There is not much to tell. Given the only data that we currently have, a Lund tune/tire combo appears to be competitive to a stock ZL1. This is nothing new.

Do you believe otherwise?
Ok. Do you agree that a V6 Camaro with a turbo is faster than EVERY S550 GT on your fast list? Do you agree that there would be no GTs on the fast list if Camaros were on the same list up to 25? Do you agree that a lightly modded 2.0 turbo Camaro can either beat or hang with the GT including the new one? And do you believe that a bolton 2.0 turbo Camaro with slicks and E47 would beat every GT on your list and would beat an 18 GT with DRs? Just curious.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:41 PM   #252
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
If they ran an 11.5...absolutely that would be competitive. Numbers don't lie.
They came within 3 tenths...and you said that 3 tenths is competitive. So the stock SS is competitive with an E85 tuned 2018 GT on DRs...given the only data we have. Numbers don't lie.

Closed Thread