Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 12-09-2017, 08:40 PM   #225
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
Apparently, you don't care about hard proof. A slightly modded MY18 GT stands at number 4 on your ZL1 fast list. Fast enough where a stock ZL1 better not be sleeping at the tree.

How have you overlooked Lunds 11.3 @ 124 mph tune/tire MY18GT? Or are you a firm believer that it didn't actually happen?
Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 283
Size:  19.9 KB

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-10-2017, 01:04 AM   #226
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
You don't even realize that a burnout isn't even necessary on stock radial tires!
Do you realize that a lot of the pros out there heat up the stock tires? Are you suggesting that a cold stock radial tires will grip as well as a heated stock radial tire? Do you realize that burnouts not only heat up the tire to give you extra grip but they also expel particles to give you a clean surface? And do you not realize that on some stock radial tires you absolutely must get the tires up to a certain temp for optimal traction? See your comments all resonante of some who is either completely ignorant or trolling. I don't expect you to answer those questions tho.

Quote:
You don't even realize that a burnout isn't even necessary on stock radial tires!

And even with DA correction his run is still bus-lengths ahead of yours!

And now you want to do a roll race!

Keep up with your excuses though.

You gave me exactly what I wanted to hear.
No, I didn't say roll race. Despite your desperate attempt to poke fun, roll racing is a legitimate form of racing. Many people and sources build cars for roll racing and compare performance of cars based on how they perform in a 40 MPH roll race. But you avoided answering the questions. So I'll ask you again. I don't expect you to answer these either.

1 - Are you comparing his max effort run on DRs in great DA with an E85 tune to my run where I clearly said AFTER my run months ago that I did it on stock tire pressure, stock tires, no burn out, rolling off the throttle with TC and SC both on, and with no launching in July with a 1235 DA?

2 - Is that your evidence that the GT is faster than my ZL1?

3 - So if you took away the DRs and the tune and ran the GT without launching it, with TC and SC both on, on the stock tires with 34 psi in them, and rolled off the throttle...do you think you in that GT would come close to me in my ZL1??

4 - Do you think you'd come within half a second of me if you ran it like that?
Old 12-10-2017, 01:10 AM   #227
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
He is desperately clinging to that 11.3 run like his life depended on it. Funny thing tho...I think the more appropriate definition for HIM is "hypocrite". Because his excuse whenever a GT does horribly is the DA, tires, different track, etc. But he'll gladly compare Lund's optimal max effort modded run to our times that were done in much worse DA on different tracks. And last I checked Mustang guys didn't compare modded cars to stock cars. They always said that "a faster modded car is all about who has more money" and "any car can be modded to beat any other car" and "only ricers compare modded cars to their stock GTs because that's the only way they can win". And now look what we have here. A Mustang boy going directly against their own doctrine when it comes to the GT.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:40 AM   #228
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Apparently, you don't care about hard proof. A slightly modded MY18 GT stands at number 4 on your ZL1 fast list. Fast enough where a stock ZL1 better not be sleeping at the tree.

How have you overlooked Lunds 11.3 @ 124 mph tune/tire MY18GT? Or are you a firm believer that it didn't actually happen?
A stock 5th Gen SS would stand at #5 on your S550 GT fast list in the 1/4 and #3 in the 1/8th.

Our slowest lightly modded 5th Gen SS is faster than EVERY stock S550 GT on your 1/4 mile list by over a tenth.

Our fastest stock 5th Gen SS 1LE is faster than EVERY S550GT on your 1/4 mile fast list.

Our fastest lightly modded 5th Gen V6 would bump one of your S550 GTs off the 1/4 mile list...and that is a 13 sec run.

We have a 5th Gen V6 with a cheap TT that is faster than EVERY stock S550 GT on your 1/4 mile list.

We have a nitrous/intake/exhaust 5th Gen V6 that is faster than EVERY stock S550 GT on your fast list.

Our 6 fastest stock 6th Gen SS Camaros with the M6 trans would be in the top 6 spots on your stock S550 GT 1/4 mile fast list and bump 6 GTs right off.

The fastest stock S550 GT on your 1/4 mile list would be #29 on our stock 6th Gen SS 1/4 mile list...and would be the only one...and our list goes to 30. So if our list went to 20 (or even 25), there would be not one Mustang on it.

If you took all the fastest stock 6th Gen SS Camaros and stock S550 GTs (M6 or auto trans), and if the list went all the way to #35, the GT would be dead last and the only GT on that list.

Our fastest lightly modded turbo 4cyl Camaro would be #11 on your stock S550 GT 1/4 mile list.

Our fastest turbo 4cyl Camaro with bolt-ons, IC, slicks, and E47 tune would beat EVERY stock S550 GT on your 1/4 mile list. Our second fastest would come in at #5...and our slowest on that list would come in at #18. So on that entire list, every one of those turbo 4cy Camaros would make it to your stock S550 GT 1/4 fast list and would bump a GT off, lol!!

Last edited by BlaqWhole; 12-10-2017 at 03:48 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:38 AM   #229
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Please tell me I didn't hear..............again.............that a GT will slay a Zl1. Please tell me another fan boy didn't penetrate this thread. Don't care about drivers. A 12.20 on ideal conditions vs 10.8 all stock Zl1. Not seeing how mustang fan boys are on the net claiming the GT is a Zl1, Z06, and GTR slayer. Eh, nm. And the sad part is not it being said, the sad part is the mustang fan club actually believing that garbage.
Where is the bone stock 10:80s ZL1?
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
Old 12-10-2017, 08:01 AM   #230
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
@ BlaqWhole

Crazy you still don't understand the requirements between normal radial tires, drag radials and slicks. There is a difference between cleaning the tires and doing a burnout. Normal radial tires only need a quick spin to clean off the dirt. A burnout is NOT required, nor is driving through the water box. They absolutely do NOT need heat....they don't have heat activated compounds. Too funny that you think they do. Drag radials only need a light burnout....and again, the waterbox should be driven around. I personally drive around and back into the box and clean the tires off with a quick 2nd gear launch...keeping it going until it starts to grip.

As for everything else you said....I can't respond to it anymore. It's classic deflection...no need to respond to gibberish.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:36 AM   #231
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
@ BlaqWhole

Crazy you still don't understand the requirements between normal radial tires, drag radials and slicks. There is a difference between cleaning the tires and doing a burnout. Normal radial tires only need a quick spin to clean off the dirt. A burnout is NOT required, nor is driving through the water box. They absolutely do NOT need heat....they don't have heat activated compounds. Too funny that you think they do. Drag radials only need a light burnout....and again, the waterbox should be driven around. I personally drive around and back into the box and clean the tires off with a quick 2nd gear launch...keeping it going until it starts to grip.

As for everything else you said....I can't respond to it anymore. It's classic deflection...no need to respond to gibberish.
He is not a drag racer. He likes fasts cars, owns two of the best and went to the track to F around. We are wasting your commentary chasing this path.

Tell me about more about GT's being faster than the ZL1 or Z06. Mustanger logic is pure entertainment.

When you set up for a run at the track, what are you driving? Have you slain any ZL1s or Z06s.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-10-2017, 10:13 AM   #232
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
He is not a drag racer. He likes fasts cars, owns two of the best and went to the track to F around. We are wasting your commentary chasing this path.

Tell me about more about GT's being faster than the ZL1 or Z06. Mustanger logic is pure entertainment.

When you set up for a run at the track, what are you driving? Have you slain any ZL1s or Z06s.
He's someone who consistently belittles the Ford camp yet doesn't even know how to drive his own cars.

It's funny, some of you seem to question the validity of my comments based off of what I have or haven't driven. Yet, many by posters on here that have no idea how to properly drive their own cars continue to post like they actually know what they are talking about...and some of you eat it up. If that's not a double standard, I don't know what is. And I'm not even posting speculation....I'm posting responses based off of hard numbers.

As for me, the fastest I've run is mid 10's @ 130mph with a (self built) 4R70W transmission. It only took ~ 500rwhp in a notchback mustang with ET streets. That car was my daily driver.

As for modded mustang GTs being faster than ZL1's...No one is claiming that. What was posted was that a tune/tire combo was competitive...and the times that Lund ran confirms that. I'm not sure how anyone in here can argue against that with the proof that had been posted.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:20 AM   #233
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

As for modded mustang GTs being faster than ZL1's...No one is claiming that. What was posted was that a tune/tire combo was competitive...and the times that Lund ran confirms that. I'm not sure how anyone in here can argue against that with the proof that had been posted.
If we are going to use a single data point to make that assumption, then this single data point will put a different perspective on that.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515533

Now when there several times matching Lund's with the same mods, then we are talking a different story.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
Old 12-10-2017, 10:21 AM   #234
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
@ BlaqWhole

Seems like you misunderstood. I never said to do a massive smokey burnout. I said burnout, because that is what it is. And I said to do it to get the tires a little heat and to clean the surface. There are plenty of videos of your beloved Mustangs at the track doing so. And multiple sources that recommend doing the same thing. But since it confuses you I'll refer to it as a small tire spin instead of a burnout.

And funny you should question me when I have time slips, pics, and videos of my cars at the track. I even posted the slip on the previous thread that got shut down. To this day you still have not provided any info on what you drive, what you've done at the track, or any proof whatsoever. And you avoided all my questions like I called. And again you avoided an entire post of all the 5th Gen Camaros and the turbo 4cyl Camaros and the V6 Camaros that have done better than your GTs on the fast list. Yet you're stuck on terminology regarding "burnouts"...and I guess you'll use that as your out so you don't have to respond. Typical.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:39 AM   #235
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
If we are going to use a single data point to make that assumption, then this single data point will put a different perspective on that.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515533

Now when there several times matching Lund's with the same mods, then we are talking a different story.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Even comparing those two...Lund is still .3 seconds behind. Again, still competitive.

I don't typically like using a single data-point either. But in the grand scheme of things, the likelihood of the first recorded pass being the fastest is quite small. Will it be the norm? Maybe, maybe not...but it will likely be quick enough to keep stock ZL1 drivers on their toes.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:41 AM   #236
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Seems like you misunderstood. I never said to do a massive smokey burnout. I said burnout, because that is what it is. And I said to do it to get the tires a little heat and to clean the surface. There are plenty of videos of your beloved Mustangs at the track doing so. And multiple sources that recommend doing the same thing. But since it confuses you I'll refer to it as a small tire spin instead of a burnout.

And funny you should question me when I have time slips, pics, and videos of my cars at the track. I even posted the slip on the previous thread that got shut down. To this day you still have not provided any info on what you drive, what you've done at the track, or any proof whatsoever. And you avoided all my questions like I called. And again you avoided an entire post of all the 5th Gen Camaros and the turbo 4cyl Camaros and the V6 Camaros that have done better than your GTs on the fast list. Yet you're stuck on terminology regarding "burnouts"...and I guess you'll use that as your out so you don't have to respond. Typical.
My shoe size is 12 and I have type 0 negative blood.

And again, you had an entire post about cars that have nothing to do with the conversation in an attempt to deflect the conversation away from your horrid ZL1 times. I won't respond to those as it adds nothing to the discussion.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:43 AM   #237
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
He's someone who consistently belittles the Ford camp yet doesn't even know how to drive his own cars.
Did I hurt your feelings? Why are you concerned with what I have to say about the Ford camp? Do I care what they say over there about us? LOL!! Maybe you just need to buck up and stop being sensitive.

As far as driving my cars, I went to the track 3 times this year. It was my first and only three times in this car and I am not about to beat my car to shit (and snap a driveshaft, lol) just to make a good pass. This car costs $70K and if something breaks on the track then my warranty is denied. It is not worth the risk. It isn't some base model GT and I don't treat it as such. That's how I am. I had 3 passes each of the three times I went. Each time my first two passes were good and the third one was bad. The 11.8 was my 7th overall pass. And I clearly posted exactly how my runs were done. And the fact is that my goal the first time out was to baby my car to an 12.4 and work it down to a 12 flat because that is all I wanted out of it. I don't get paid to beat my shit on the track. And I'm not one of the guys out there examining my slip and trying to figure out how to get this faster or what mode to use and what to launch at and what the perfect tire pressure is...because I don't care. I go there for the fun of it. And I, of all people, someone who doesn't know anything according to you, busted off an 11.8 at 121 MPH with no effort in the run. That says a lot about the potential of this car and what I could do if I got serious with it.

Quote:
It's funny, some of you seem to question the validity of my comments based off of what I have or haven't driven. Yet, many by posters on here that have no idea how to properly drive their own cars continue to post like they actually know what they are talking about...and some of you eat it up. If that's not a double standard, I don't know what is. And I'm not even posting speculation....I'm posting responses based off of hard numbers.
Nobody has to "properly drive" their cars just to please you. How many people over on M6G are talking shit and never even been to the track at all? At the very least I go and I posted my slips and videos and have no shame in it which is far more than anyone can say about you.
Quote:
As for me, the fastest I've run is mid 10's @ 130mph with a (self built) 4R70W transmission. It only took ~ 500rwhp in a notchback mustang with ET streets. That car was my daily driver.
So you ran 10s in a notchback with an auto trans on ET Streets...lol!! No wonder you're ashamed. That isn't even impressive. My 91 GT with me in it and about 150 pounds of scrap metal in the back weighed just over 3200 pounds. Those cars are light as hell, have a massive aftermarket, can be gutted to weigh even less...anyone can get a Foxbody, gut it, mod it, and run 10s. A friend of mine has a Fox with a single turbo on it making about 500 and runs 10s consistently. Shit another friend of mine simply gutted the hell out of his and did low 13s or something. Those cars are literally the easiest and cheapest cars to buy, mod and run 10s. You could probably do it for $5K including the price of the damn car itself. Try modding one of these newer cars into the 10s and then brag to me. BTW, when was this that you actually ran 10s? Recent? 15 years ago?
Old 12-10-2017, 10:46 AM   #238
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
And again, you had an entire post about cars that have nothing to do with the conversation in an attempt to deflect the conversation away from your horrid ZL1 times. I won't respond to those as it adds nothing to the discussion.
LOL, where have I ever deflected from talking about my "horrid" ZL1 times? I can go on and on about it.

And my post was in direct comparison to yours about the Lund GT being 4th on our ZL1 list. Here is the info again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
A stock 5th Gen SS would stand at #5 on your S550 GT fast list in the 1/4 and #3 in the 1/8th.

Our slowest lightly modded 5th Gen SS is faster than EVERY stock S550 GT on your 1/4 mile list by over a tenth.

Our fastest stock 5th Gen SS 1LE is faster than EVERY S550GT on your 1/4 mile fast list.

Our fastest lightly modded 5th Gen V6 would bump one of your S550 GTs off the 1/4 mile list...and that is a 13 sec run.

We have a 5th Gen V6 with a cheap TT that is faster than EVERY stock S550 GT on your 1/4 mile list.

We have a nitrous/intake/exhaust 5th Gen V6 that is faster than EVERY stock S550 GT on your fast list.

Our 6 fastest stock 6th Gen SS Camaros with the M6 trans would be in the top 6 spots on your stock S550 GT 1/4 mile fast list and bump 6 GTs right off.

The fastest stock S550 GT on your 1/4 mile list would be #29 on our stock 6th Gen SS 1/4 mile list...and would be the only one...and our list goes to 30. So if our list went to 20 (or even 25), there would be not one Mustang on it.

If you took all the fastest stock 6th Gen SS Camaros and stock S550 GTs (M6 or auto trans), and if the list went all the way to #35, the GT would be dead last and the only GT on that list.

Our fastest lightly modded turbo 4cyl Camaro would be #11 on your stock S550 GT 1/4 mile list.

Our fastest turbo 4cyl Camaro with bolt-ons, IC, slicks, and E47 tune would beat EVERY stock S550 GT on your 1/4 mile list. Our second fastest would come in at #5...and our slowest on that list would come in at #18. So on that entire list, every one of those turbo 4cy Camaros would make it to your stock S550 GT 1/4 fast list and would bump a GT off, lol!!

Closed Thread