Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-22-2020, 10:11 PM   #1
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Soler Performance Throttle Controller

Just had a chance to test out this Throttle Controller. I will tell you, I've never been a fan of these things but my mind has been changed. This thing is an awesome addition especially for the 2.0T Camaro. It creates a great initial response that goes really well with the rest of the powerband. It's kind of hard to describe. 1st through 3 gear feels more violent at initial shift. It's almost like a quick kick in the ass and then everything feels the same throughout the rest of the powerband. 4th - 6th gear, that "initial kick" gets less noticeable especially going into 5th and 6th is non existent (tall ass gear). I've only had it in the recommended SP-5 setting. I need to play around with the other settings to see how the car reacts to them. Quality and packaging is top notch. Looks and feels very well made. Beautiful piece and a great addition.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance

Last edited by Start The Machine; 01-22-2020 at 10:40 PM.
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:32 AM   #2
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
is it out to the public yet? any links for 2T specific? I can test on M-6.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:03 AM   #3
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Just had a chance to test out this Throttle Controller. I will tell you, I've never been a fan of these things but my mind has been changed. This thing is an awesome addition especially for the 2.0T Camaro. It creates a great initial response that goes really well with the rest of the powerband. It's kind of hard to describe. 1st through 3 gear feels more violent at initial shift. It's almost like a quick kick in the ass and then everything feels the same throughout the rest of the powerband. 4th - 6th gear, that "initial kick" gets less noticeable especially going into 5th and 6th is non existent (tall ass gear). I've only had it in the recommended SP-5 setting. I need to play around with the other settings to see how the car reacts to them. Quality and packaging is top notch. Looks and feels very well made. Beautiful piece and a great addition.
Thank you very much for trying this for us. We are very glad it worked as it is supposed to and more importantly that you liked it.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:06 AM   #4
NickTheKnife

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
I ordered one of these for my M6 2.0T, definitely makes a huge difference in throttle response. I've been keeping it on SP.5 as the most linear according to Soler.

I would 100% recommend it over the $200-$300 options that, IMHO, do exactly the same thing as this $75 throttle controller
NickTheKnife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:15 AM   #5
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
is it out to the public yet? any links for 2T specific? I can test on M-6.
Hello, wookwook.

Yes, it is has been successfully tested and available for the LTG (I-4), LGX (V6), and LT1/LT4/LT5 (V8). For all brands, Camaro 6, Corvette 7, Cadillac CTS 3 and for all transmissions (M/A).

Here is a link to the product https://www.solerengineering.com/store/se0820-tc. Unfortunately, they are sold out until 01-31-2020. But you are welcome to place an order, we'll ship as soon they are ready perhaps before the end of the month.

Thanks,
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:08 PM   #6
wookwook

I keep getting this confused with a throttle body. sorry about that.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
Old 01-23-2020, 01:33 PM   #7
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Haha I like how success with a product instantly changes people's mind.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 02:46 PM   #8
Start The Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheKnife View Post
I ordered one of these for my M6 2.0T, definitely makes a huge difference in throttle response. I've been keeping it on SP.5 as the most linear according to Soler.

I would 100% recommend it over the $200-$300 options that, IMHO, do exactly the same thing as this $75 throttle controller
I forgot to add, at $75.00 this thing is a steal. I'm going to do more testing with it today.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Old 01-26-2020, 06:33 PM   #9
RobertAvitia
BYND GARAGE

Drives: 17' 1LT Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Haha I like how success with a product instantly changes people's mind.
RobertAvitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 06:57 PM   #10
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertAvitia View Post
It's true. It's the exact same concept as the other throttle controllers only a little cheaper. There is no difference than the Pedal Commander or Vitesse. The issue with the Vitesse is people don't install them properly. I've seen so many with broken clips and plugs because of the angle it was installed at. "I've literally had to hang myself upside down with my feet around the headrest to do it properly." Also with the Vitesse there's a lot of wiring more then what is honestly needed and I think some people don't properly secure it all out of the way and snag it getting in or out or in operation of the vehicle. It's good there's more options but it's a daily driver feel mod not anything that will give you anymore power and I can assure you it does nothing for the 1/4 mile.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 01-26-2020, 08:30 PM   #11
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
I do not understand guys that are "Tuned" , using a throttle controller of ANY kind.. Literally ANY aspect of throttle can be controlled in the tune.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:21 PM   #12
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
I do not understand guys that are "Tuned" , using a throttle controller of ANY kind.. Literally ANY aspect of throttle can be controlled in the tune.
It's not the throttle it's the drive-by wire delay. You are right cooper anything can be controlled but it's how the delivery feels which is different. I don't use it at the track I have a separate tune that does that and it's finally getting some of the kinks worked out and thank you for the inspirational insight you shared in helping with that. Honestly I just haven't had the time to take mine out and now winter has come. That and it's so well hidden I generally forget it's there unless I'm cleaning my car.

Old 01-26-2020, 11:42 PM   #13
Start The Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
I don't think we touched the throttle part when I tuned my car. It's kind of nice to have instant control of that extra feeling of quickness this thing creates. Turn it up, turn it down or just turn it off with a push of a button. I like having control of it on the fly instead of it being permanent.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:31 AM   #14
wookwook

sooo were not talking driver demanded Tq are we? the XLR gives more of a snap at the TPS. It honestly feels like a 4 barrel (tiny 4 bbl). Race mode is just unstreetable lol. I'm not sure where you find the ability to work the solenoid response other than demanded tq which interacts with a bunch of other stuff.

NFG M6 2T

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106