#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-23-2017, 11:32 AM   #29
BMR Suspension

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHTURTLE View Post
Okay, so I just drove to pick up some Chinese food, it was a short trip but here are my thoughts. Holy Sh!t, what a difference! The car feels so much more responsive. Turns are super sharp and overall I felt more connected to the road. I went over some speed bumps that I've gone over 1000 times. but this time there was much less bounce to them. The ride is stiffer but I wouldn't say harsh.

More tomorrow when I can go for a longer ride.
BMR Suspension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #30
mustangcrusher1

Drives: 2017 camaro SS blue w/white stripes
Did you have to use a jack under the rotor to install the upper and lower TA? and the same for the control arm? is there a load on any of these parts once you take out one of the bolts? does the rotor and splindle drop? or do you use the jack to lift them up just a little to get the bolt out and back in?thanks
mustangcrusher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:12 PM   #31
locktyght

Drives: Summit White 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangcrusher1 View Post
Did you have to use a jack under the rotor to install the upper and lower TA? and the same for the control arm? is there a load on any of these parts once you take out one of the bolts? does the rotor and splindle drop? or do you use the jack to lift them up just a little to get the bolt out and back in?thanks
Replace them one at a time, and it should go smooth, I can't remember off the top of my head, but at one point, I had 2 of 3 arms removed, and it made getting it all back in line a PITA.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:24 PM   #32
BMR Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangcrusher1 View Post
It takes a little bit of muscle but everything should go in without a jack. You may have to rotate the spindle to get everything aligned if you have more than one link out at the same time.
BMR Suspension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:42 PM   #33
TECHTURTLE

Might not be required but the jack made getting the lower trailing arms in a LOT easier.

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:18 AM   #34
KungFuHamster

Drives: Black SS
I have access to a frame lift and a drive on lift at the hobby shop base at Oceana. Which would be recommended for ease of installation? Seems like the frame lift would be since it allows the suspension to unload.
KungFuHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:43 AM   #35
TECHTURTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuHamster View Post
I have access to a frame lift and a drive on lift at the hobby shop base at Oceana. Which would be recommended for ease of installation? Seems like the frame lift would be since it allows the suspension to unload.
If you are going to use a lift I'd go with the frame.... But you really don't need one. A floor jack and one stand is all you need.

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:07 AM   #36
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHTURTLE View Post
Okay, so I just drove to pick up some Chinese food, it was a short trip but here are my thoughts. Holy Sh!t, what a difference! The car feels so much more responsive. Turns are super sharp and overall I felt more connected to the road. I went over some speed bumps that I've gone over 1000 times. but this time there was much less bounce to them. The ride is stiffer but I wouldn't say harsh.

More tomorrow when I can go for a longer ride.

I've got all you have, minus the tunnel brace...and I havent installed the cradle braceS you have for the front.

I agree with the improvement you noticed.

I have both bmr front and rear adjustable bars, currently set on medium until the new upgraded rear swaybar links come in soon.

But it definitely is an amazing setup.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:48 PM   #37
Black_FiFTY
Custom Black FiFTY

Drives: 2017 Black SS
I purchased the FE4 front/rear sway bars, BMR rear upper/lower trailing arms, BMR rear upper controller arm & Eibach lowering kit. i'm really excited to get these all installed. Wish I could do it myself. It's going to cost me $850 according to 2 estimates and I have to wait till May.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:06 AM   #38
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_FiFTY View Post
I purchased the FE4 front/rear sway bars, BMR rear upper/lower trailing arms, BMR rear upper controller arm & Eibach lowering kit. i'm really excited to get these all installed. Wish I could do it myself. It's going to cost me $850 according to 2 estimates and I have to wait till May.
Honestly you can do it yourself I never did anything suspension before and I installed BC coilovers myself. With the exception of removing the bars you are pretty much doing the job anyways when doing lowering springs or coilovers.

I know have a very good knowledge of the suspension of my car as well which is nice to have.

I also paid for the lifetime alignment at local shop so I can just go whenever I want no having to pay $60-80 a pop. Since I knew I would be doing more its well worth the investment.
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:05 AM   #39
Black_FiFTY
Custom Black FiFTY

Drives: 2017 Black SS
Yeah I watched a video from RP productions over the weekend. He had Ricardo from Phastek installing BMR springs on his 1LE. The process seemed super simple. If I had a lift I think I could do some of it myself. I had one shop tell me 2hrs per wheel, I think they just didn't want to do the work

Video
Old 03-28-2017, 06:21 PM   #40
TECHTURTLE

You really can do most of it yourself. You don't need a lift if you do one wheel at a time.

Added
Old 04-19-2017, 12:51 PM   #41
Sub

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Tech, any update on your honest feedback on the sways after you've run with them a bit?
Old 04-19-2017, 12:56 PM   #42
irmb

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_FiFTY View Post
Yeah I watched a video from RP productions over the weekend. He had Ricardo from Phastek installing BMR springs on his 1LE. The process seemed super simple. If I had a lift I think I could do some of it myself. I had one shop tell me 2hrs per wheel, I think they just didn't want to do the work

Video
I just did my own coilovers yesterday. The first of each side might take you 2 hours each - but subsequent ones are closer to an hour. Goes much faster when you know what you're doing.
irmb is offline   Reply With Quote