Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 10-08-2015, 08:35 PM   #15
Chad0311
Likes V8 powered vehicles

Drives: '16 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker View Post
I know some people are "particular" about stuff, I'd hate to be your salesman. ;-) What's gonna happen when a bug eventually hits it, or maybe a rock? It's a car, it's not going to stay perfect for long if you plan to use it. Then again I bought a new Colorado in May and already have 15k on it, cracked windshield, chips, bugs, paint all over it....just ignore me.
You would probably hate selling things in general I would imagine. People are and have always been particular about the way they like things. Accommodating simple stuff like "don't take the plastic off when it gets here" is something that if you accommodate makes people trust and want to buy from you vs. the other guy.

Sure it will get dings and dents during its life but I want to be the one putting those on my car, not Johnny Dipshit at the dealership.
Chad0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:51 PM   #16
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '24 Blk A10 ZL-1 Vert
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad0311 View Post
You would probably hate selling things in general I would imagine. People are and have always been particular about the way they like things. Accommodating simple stuff like "don't take the plastic off when it gets here" is something that if you accommodate makes people trust and want to buy from you vs. the other guy.

Sure it will get dings and dents during its life but I want to be the one putting those on my car, not Johnny Dipshit at the dealership.
^^^What he said!!!^^^

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:16 PM   #17
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker View Post
I know some people are "particular" about stuff, I'd hate to be your salesman. ;-) What's gonna happen when a bug eventually hits it, or maybe a rock? It's a car, it's not going to stay perfect for long if you plan to use it. Then again I bought a new Colorado in May and already have 15k on it, cracked windshield, chips, bugs, paint all over it....just ignore me.
Well, I think you're missing my desire: As soon as possible, I plan to get the paint repaired and coated with a protective ceramic layer that will prevent damage due to bugs and bird splats as well as protect against scratches and swirl marks. But before that, I want the surface to be as clean and oil-free as possible, and that means keeping peoples mitts off it, and not driving it. If I need to let the paint cure a couple of weeks after delivery, well it will sit in my garage for a couple of weeks, but, that's what I'm willing to go through.

And I guess because of the things I'm willing to go through, I do think it can stay perfect if taken care of. Or at least appear perfect. My dad's '09 Challenger is show condition with no scratches or dings or dents, despite it being used, at least in the summer. And he lives down a dirt road.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:18 PM   #18
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad0311 View Post

Agreed 1000%!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:20 PM   #19
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post
Well, I think you're missing my desire: I plan to drive it as little as possible, and as soon as possible, to get the paint repaired and coated with a protective ceramic layer that will prevent damage due to bugs and bird splats as well as protect against scratches and swirl marks.

I do think it can stay perfect if you take care of it. Or at least appear perfect. My dad's '09 Challenger is show condition with no scratches or dings or dents, despite it being used, at least in the summer. And he lives down a dirt road.
Every car I have ever owned stays in showroom condition, it takes a lot of work but with the amount of money I spend and the pride I put into my things that I have worked hard for, you damn right my vehicles will look perfect!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:13 PM   #20
joemosfet

I wouldn't even want it sitting locked, on the show room floor.

Imagine you pick up your car, drive it home, and its sitting in your garage, feelin' right at home.

And then you see this guy show up:
"Hey nice car, let me snap a picture of it!"

Um, ok, I don't know why you're in my garage, but you're already doing it, so fine.

"That paint is pretty, pal, you have GOT to wax it. You should totally use PimpWax brand."

Well, no, I'm going to get a ceramic coating. And you're kinda spitting on it...

"Sweet. My brother has one like this but in orange. This is kind of cool, did you know it comes off?" *yank*

No, and could you stop touch....

*yank* "Huh, on the previous years they came off. Or yours is broken."

Um, no, and I think its time to go.

"Well you're gonna have to give me a ride some time. Sweet, Mustang, man."

So, yeah, I wouldn't want that happening in my garage to my new car, imagine that and more at the dealer!

(My apologies to the innocent guy in the photos, you're cool, you just happen to serve my narrative. Also, if I had the motivation, I'd photoshop it into my garage, but I'm not sure its worth it for my silly ramblings online.)
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
Old 10-08-2015, 10:39 PM   #21
alfonsoj23

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
where can i buy the best "ceramic coating" never knew about this either till now...
this car is gonna be expensive as hell so I want to REALLY take care of it as best as possible. guess I'm just gonna keep learning new things from you guys as the days go by lol
alfonsoj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:58 PM   #22
joemosfet

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsoj23 View Post
where can i buy the best "ceramic coating" never knew about this either till now...
this car is gonna be expensive as hell so I want to REALLY take care of it as best as possible. guess I'm just gonna keep learning new things from you guys as the days go by lol
There are a few different brands, and while they have slight differences, they are essentially the same: a measurable layer of nano-scale sized ceramic particles bonded to the clearcoat surface. It has a higher shine than the clear coat and is extremely tough and hydrophobic. It doesn't need waxing and, in fact, waxing will detract from it's dirt preventing capabilities.

Have you ever seen a beautiful car in the sun, and right where the sun reflects you see barely visible scratches swirling around the reflection? Some will say that is due to improper wash methods (having dirt in your wash mitt will scratch up clearcoats fast), and others will say its an unavoidable fact of owning a car.

Well, the ceramic coating prevents those swirlies. I had what I think was a coating on my previous car, and never waxed it, only two-bucket washed it when it was dirty, or I was bored, and never once did I get those swirl marks. The paint looked new from the day I bought it til the day it died - and that is even after being daily driven in two Colorado winters.

Now, since the dealer I purchased my old car from installed PermaPlate, (it was already installed on a dealer inventory), I ended up paying for it without giving it much thought.

When I purchased the '14 Camaro, I didn't really consider adding a ceramic coating, and the dealer had no options like that. I baby it, and 2 bucket wash it, and wax it, and do everything I did on the old car, or better... and yet it still has swirl marks.

So, ceramic coating for me, from now on. As for the different brands, your best bet is to learn a bit about each, figure out if you want to install it yourself, or find a shop to do it, and if so, search for certified shops in your area.

Optifine, CQuartz, NanoShine, NanoCeramic, and a bunch more. I plan on asking the detailer what he recomends with a slight bias towards CQuartz Finest, as I've read lots of good things about it.

Last edited by joemosfet; 10-12-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:27 PM   #23
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Just a fyi from a dealership employee, Take the plastic off at the dealership and have an employee with you. Have seen factory and delivery damage under the plastic in the past. If you take it off there with them they will get it addressed, If you have already taken delivery and bring it back after noticing damage below the plastic you could be sol
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:41 PM   #24
alfonsoj23

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post
There are a few different brands, and while they have slight differences, they are essentially the same: a measurable layer of nano-scale sized ceramic particles bonded to the clearcoat surface. It has a higher shine than the clear coat and is extremely tough and hydrophobic. It doesn't need waxing and, in fact, waxing will detract from it's dirt preventing capabilities.

Have you ever seen a beautiful car in the sun, and right where the sun reflects you see barely visible scratches swirling around the reflection? Some will say that is due to improper wash methods (having dirt in your wash mitt will scratch up clearcoats fast), and others will say its an unavoidable fact of owning a car.

Well, the ceramic coating prevents those swirlies. I had what I think was a coating on my previous car, and never waxed it, only two-bucket washed it when it was dirty, or I was bored, and never once did I get those swirl marks. The paint looked new from the day I bought it til the day it died - and that is even after being daily driven in two Colorado winters.

Now, since the dealer I purchased my old car from installed PermaPlate, (it was already installed on a dealer inventory), I ended up paying for it without giving it much thought.

When I purchased the '14 Camaro, I didn't really consider adding a ceramic coating, and the dealer had no options like that. I baby it, and 2 bucket wash it, and wax it, and do everything I did on the old car, or better... and yet it still has swirl marks.

So, ceramic coating for me, from now on. As for the different brands, your best bet is to learn a bit about each, figure out if you want to install it yourself, or find a shop to do it, and if so, search for certified shops in your area.

Optifine, CQuartz, NanoShine, NanoCeramic, and a bunch more. I plan on asking the detailer what he recomends with a slight bias towards CQuartz Finest, as I've read lots of good things about it.
hey thanx a lot! this helped me A LOT more to understand. I will definitely start doing my research so I can be ready for when the car gets here!
alfonsoj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 11:46 PM   #25
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
Thank you all for your input! Forgot about all this until I came across this post a couple weeks ago and emailed my dealer about it, so figured I should share.

He said that this is my sold order and no one will be driving it but the PDI guy, that's standard policy, no one drives a sold order. They won't be putting any decals on it or washing it. They do have to do a state inspection. He said he can leave the clear plastic on, but the white plastic if they don't take it off and check for damage right as it comes off the truck to notify the driver then GM won't cover it, so I'll be allowing them to take that plastic off.

All sounds good! Just waiting for it to ship still.. Told my dealer I may let him drive it if everything goes smooth and I'll be back next year most likely. Hopefully one to two more weeks!
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 10:13 AM   #26
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdownaverted View Post
Just a fyi from a dealership employee, Take the plastic off at the dealership and have an employee with you. Have seen factory and delivery damage under the plastic in the past. If you take it off there with them they will get it addressed, If you have already taken delivery and bring it back after noticing damage below the plastic you could be sol
+1
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote