#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 05-03-2023, 11:23 PM   #1
snicko

Drives: 2021 SS 1LE
Airbag light w/ race seat in a 1SS

Hey folks

Giving some serious thought to going further down the rabbit hole [1] and stuffing a race seat, harness and rollbar in the '21 SS 1LE (1SS) and retain the stock belts.

I found a thread discussing how to deal with the airbag lights and mirrors in a 2SS ( https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604566 ).

In a 1SS I would assume the BCM isn't needed since there's no seat + mirror memory. Does that just mean I need airbag simulators ( http://airbagsystems.com/simulator.html ) to get the airbag light out?

Thanks!
snicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 11:59 PM   #2
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
I believe you are correct, the module is for the memory functions which also control the mirrors. You'll have to let us know if there is even a module under the seat.

You'll still need the occupancy sensor and seat position sensor from the passenger seat along with the resistors for the airbags.
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 12:09 AM   #3
snicko

Drives: 2021 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddawg53 View Post
I believe you are correct, the module is for the memory functions which also control the mirrors. You'll have to let us know if there is even a module under the seat.

You'll still need the occupancy sensor and seat position sensor from the passenger seat along with the resistors for the airbags.

Thanks - good to know. I'm not sure if I'm going to pull the pass seat and belts yet. My train of thought is that any passengers should be fine with the stock safety equipment with a helmet on the rare occasion I find someone dumb..err.. I mean brave enough to get in a car with me
snicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 01:05 AM   #4
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by snicko View Post
Thanks - good to know. I'm not sure if I'm going to pull the pass seat and belts yet. My train of thought is that any passengers should be fine with the stock safety equipment with a helmet on the rare occasion I find someone dumb..err.. I mean brave enough to get in a car with me

You'll have to check, but some groups require the same level of protection for both driver and passenger.
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 01:40 PM   #5
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
No issues with an airbag light in the 1SS. You just push the button to dismiss it.
Old 05-05-2023, 02:44 PM   #6
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
No issues with an airbag light in the 1SS. You just push the button to dismiss it.

same here