Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Texas

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-16-2023, 01:09 PM   #15
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
The larger metro areas in Texas are "non-attainment" areas and require emissions testing for a pass for your inspection report. We don't have inspection stickers anymore, but you have to get an inspection report in order to get your registration renewed. As Gearhead SS mentioned above, the requirement for inspections is going away soon. (Not soon enough, lol) Since we also mentioned front license plates, I used to never have one on my late model Camaros, but since I work on a military base, the sentries were questioning me a bit too much, so I put it back on my ZL1 and my old Chevy truck. My old 79 Camaro is registered as an antique and doesn't have to have a front LP or inspection.

Good luck with your move to Texas! I was born and raised here.

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 10:46 AM   #16
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
The larger metro areas in Texas are "non-attainment" areas and require emissions testing for a pass for your inspection report. We don't have inspection stickers anymore, but you have to get an inspection report in order to get your registration renewed. As Gearhead SS mentioned above, the requirement for inspections is going away soon. (Not soon enough, lol) Since we also mentioned front license plates, I used to never have one on my late model Camaros, but since I work on a military base, the sentries were questioning me a bit too much, so I put it back on my ZL1 and my old Chevy truck. My old 79 Camaro is registered as an antique and doesn't have to have a front LP or inspection.

Good luck with your move to Texas! I was born and raised here.
Thanks for the response Tara, what does the emissions testing actually look for or require. I have already been in talks with LMR on one of their GEN 6 Camaro performance packages and want to make sure i'm actually able to register it in Texas before taking that plunge. Thanks for the kind words on the move.
Old 04-08-2024, 01:12 PM   #17
KC64
Gray Ghost

Drives: 24 Camaro 2SS Loaded
Texas does emissions testing, as far as all cats I have no idea as some do away with all the cats and simply add two high flow and they are good to go.

On a side note you will have to get your car registered before you get your license. It is the weirdest thing. Get your car inspected take that sheet to the local tax office and register your car. Once you do that then go to the license place and you are good to go, bring all your paperwork with you because some of the people at these places feel they have all the authority in the world and they try to catch you on anything they can!!.
Please leave the California ideas there!
KC64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 10:03 AM   #18
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
The two web sites below provide some overview to the state of texas emission policies. This looks pretty liberal to me, as you just have to pass an OBDII hookup. Most states come right out and say somewhere that the vehicle must have all original emissions equipment in place as part of the inspection, but texas doesn't say that!
https://www.tceq.texas.gov/airqualit.../overview.html
https://www.dps.texas.gov/section/ve...ssions-testing
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 11:50 AM   #19
clg82

ACtually had all three of my cars inspected and done in less than an hour last weekend. Apparently this is the last year for said inspections as they voted against it. As far as emissions testing, if they did it during the safety inspection I had no idea because they spent less than 10 minutes on each car.....we get our licenses this weekend.
Old 04-23-2024, 11:48 AM   #20
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
ACtually had all three of my cars inspected and done in less than an hour last weekend. Apparently this is the last year for said inspections as they voted against it. As far as emissions testing, if they did it during the safety inspection I had no idea because they spent less than 10 minutes on each car.....we get our licenses this weekend.
Hi Cig82,

I'm sorry that I missed your question directed back to me, but it looks like ctrlz answered it well.

Welcome to Texas, compadre!

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 12:06 PM   #21
clg82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
Hi Cig82,

I'm sorry that I missed your question directed back to me, but it looks like ctrlz answered it well.

Welcome to Texas, compadre!

Tara
No worries at all Tara, and thank you, we love it so far.