Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-17-2015, 11:05 AM   #29
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
CURR, I wonder how many folks here actually know what your avatar is?
Looks like something evil that could get a lot more expensive depending on the election next year.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:24 AM   #30
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Ooh, ooh, I know I know! I made the lower part of one of those with my 3d printer.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:10 PM   #31
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Avé! Duci Novo, Similis Duci Seneci!

I can just about guarantee the audio in the C6 will be the same $5 speakers that are in the C5. Manufacture advertising and hype go a long way to make the masses believe the high quality $1,000 home audio system named "Bose" is the same sound product that is going in your tin can with 4 wheels. If you like stock systems, then by all means you are going to enjoy the paper cones with 2oz magnet on it with a meaningless face plate that is stamped Bose in the new C6. For those that never care to look beyond the facade of the surface water to see the horror underneath, enjoy your music.

This is the High Fidelity 14 speaker Bose system (650w?) in the $90k Audi A8 and it will reproduce noise without damaging your ears. Though before you taunt even the $7k B&A upgrade system - there are dozens of highly reputable audiophiles in the industry proving it is a waste of money.

You can easily scratch the surface of true high quality components and nearly unparalleled sound quality for around $1,000 (4x Infinity Kappa + Alpine V9 + Polk 10" Sub) that will sound 100x better however (or whatever your flavor of Hertz/Focal/JL is). If you want a more mind blowing comparison, you can walk into Best Buy, purchase just about any 4 speakers + Sub + 5 channel amp off the shelf and it will sound better than the stock system.

Yes, watching the new Star Wars at the local 20 year old $1 theater this December will give you all the audio and visual thrills you might expect from a standard MP3 player. I'll personally be attending the IMAX (or equivalent) showing for the full immersion experience with best picture and audio available.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 05:34 PM   #32
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
3/4 of what you just said flew right over my head. But I like smart people, so its cool! Lol

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:40 PM   #33
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
3/4 of what you just said flew right over my head. But I like smart people, so its cool! Lol
It boils down to.... House hold names. Bose is a house hold name and one that is seen as a leader in audio but the uninformed. But the fact remains they do not lead anything outside of destroying your wallet for cheap products.

Bose has paid a premium to be front and center at your local tech store such as Best Buy giving the mirage that they are the best. They are not the best, not even close.

As stated above you can spend a lot less money without the need for an amp etc... to just upgrade your speakers and get 50 if not 100x better quality. I love Alpine and will most likely drop a few dollars to get their speakers for my 2016 2SS.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:08 PM   #34
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
It boils down to.... House hold names. Bose is a house hold name and one that is seen as a leader in audio but the uninformed. But the fact remains they do not lead anything outside of destroying your wallet for cheap products.

Bose has paid a premium to be front and center at your local tech store such as Best Buy giving the mirage that they are the best. They are not the best, not even close.

As stated above you can spend a lot less money without the need for an amp etc... to just upgrade your speakers and get 50 if not 100x better quality. I love Alpine and will most likely drop a few dollars to get their speakers for my 2016 2SS.
Agreed...Bose is OK at best, nothing to brag about at all. I have a Bose system in my SRX, it is OK, not horrible, but not even close to being great. The only product Bose makes that is pretty good is their Wave Radios, they are just not really worth the $. I for one love Pioneers car products, especially their speakers. I may replace the Bose speakers in the car, have to see how easy it is to get to them. Would love to see the whole setup, including the Bose amp and speaker setup, probably will not see some kind of diagram for this for sometime.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:18 AM   #35
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

There is nothing Bose going into the new C6 except for the the stamp on the speaker grill.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:40 AM   #36
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Avé! Duci Novo, Similis Duci Seneci!

I can just about guarantee the audio in the C6 will be the same $5 speakers that are in the C5. Manufacture advertising and hype go a long way to make the masses believe the high quality $1,000 home audio system named "Bose" is the same sound product that is going in your tin can with 4 wheels. If you like stock systems, then by all means you are going to enjoy the paper cones with 2oz magnet on it with a meaningless face plate that is stamped Bose in the new C6. For those that never care to look beyond the facade of the surface water to see the horror underneath, enjoy your music.

This is the High Fidelity 14 speaker Bose system (650w?) in the $90k Audi A8 and it will reproduce noise without damaging your ears. Though before you taunt even the $7k B&A upgrade system - there are dozens of highly reputable audiophiles in the industry proving it is a waste of money.

You can easily scratch the surface of true high quality components and nearly unparalleled sound quality for around $1,000 (4x Infinity Kappa + Alpine V9 + Polk 10" Sub) that will sound 100x better however (or whatever your flavor of Hertz/Focal/JL is). If you want a more mind blowing comparison, you can walk into Best Buy, purchase just about any 4 speakers + Sub + 5 channel amp off the shelf and it will sound better than the stock system.

Yes, watching the new Star Wars at the local 20 year old $1 theater this December will give you all the audio and visual thrills you might expect from a standard MP3 player. I'll personally be attending the IMAX (or equivalent) showing for the full immersion experience with best picture and audio available.
Bose is high quality home audio? LOL it's about the worst and most overpriced you can get.

Bose is a lot "better" at car audio than home audio. But you're right the audio isn't going to be anything special in the Camaro.
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:54 AM   #37
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
Bose is high quality home audio? LOL it's about the worst and most overpriced you can get.

Bose is a lot "better" at car audio than home audio. But you're right the audio isn't going to be anything special in the Camaro.

Yea, reading over my post again....I can see how I might have implied that. The supposed "14-speaker Bose" system in the Audi is not Bose at all, it is a box of $10 paper speaker cones from MCMElectronics.

Apologies, for those of us that know the history of Bose....it was created to market to what most today would refer to as the "Apple bunch". Their speaker quality is non-existent and their R&D was spent on spatial physics and tonal acoustics instead of speaker quality.

I have to give them credit, they filled a niche market that was missing and do offer nice single package solutions for the home.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:10 AM   #38
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
So BOSE is for the techie, geek, more impressed by technicality than actual sound quality?

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:23 AM   #39
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
People knock Bose because they know very little about audio and like to sound like their privy about some secret information (against popular belief, Bose sucks - via the real audiophiles).

In reality it doesn't suck, it's actually some nice stuff given its usual small size. Very expensive though and definitely not a bang for the buck product. I do believe there is a lot of better stuff out there for the same amount of coin, but that doesn't mean it sucks.

It does however get whored out in cars.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:38 AM   #40
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Yea, reading over my post again....I can see how I might have implied that. The supposed "14-speaker Bose" system in the Audi is not Bose at all, it is a box of $10 paper speaker cones from MCMElectronics.

Apologies, for those of us that know the history of Bose....it was created to market to what most today would refer to as the "Apple bunch". Their speaker quality is non-existent and their R&D was spent on spatial physics and tonal acoustics instead of speaker quality.

I have to give them credit, they filled a niche market that was missing and do offer nice single package solutions for the home.
Lol, Apple Bunch...assume you are referring to the company Apple, just like Bose, both companies have excellent marketing, but crappy inferior products!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:59 AM   #41
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
So BOSE is for the techie, geek, more impressed by technicality than actual sound quality?
Correct, Bose is for someone that wants something that "sounds amazing", that is plug and play and who are ignorant to real sound quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Lol, Apple Bunch...assume you are referring to the company Apple, just like Bose, both companies have excellent marketing, but crappy inferior products!
Basically yes, just don't look beneath the surface of the water.

In the end, Sound is subjective. If you still think the sound coming out of your television sound bar you paid $300 for sounds like pure heaven .....then by all means.....yes, you are going to love the facade of a "Bose" system in the C6.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:02 AM   #42
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Don't rag on Bose too much. They definitely earned their way into discussion of important engineering feats that we take for granted today. Early on they were pioneers into acoustics research, and a lot of what we know today is from them forging that trail. They were ahead of their time when they started taking into account spatial properties of noise and the environment in which it was playing in building their loudspeakers and tailoring it to the listener, making sure that they were the focal point of the music.

I will admit, their stuff is mostly middle of the road, or worse today, and you can do better for the same money.

(One of my EE professors in college was a former Bose, Philips and Bell engineer. Amazing stories from him)

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote