Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 11-09-2017, 10:42 AM   #1
rickwelch69

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Turbo 4
Mishimoto intake tube issues?

I am curious if anyone who installed the intake tube only is having idle issues and random backfires?
Old 11-09-2017, 11:01 AM   #2
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I haven't put mine on yet, but sound like perhaps a vacuum leak? look real hard at that pcv connection, make sure it's got a good seal.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:58 PM   #3
geoffchad

Drives: 2013 ATS M6, 95 Z28 Conv M6 turbo
I've had mine on without issues, but I'm on a 2013 LTG (older ECU).
geoffchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:02 PM   #4
cadaddio

Drives: 2013 cadillac ats 2.0T/6A
No problems with "lumpy"on my '13 and it does make a noticeable improvement.
cadaddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:41 PM   #5
laurenwright3

Drives: Camaro 6 2.0T
Installed mine a day or two after my catted dp and it got a p0015b code. Wasn’t sure which was causing it so removed the intake tube and have driven around a month with no code. ( tube was on for less than a week)

My gf drives it more than me and claimed that it was performing poorly with the tube but when I drove it I never felt anything out of the ordinary. Tubes staying off til I get hp tuners and can monitor things more closely.
laurenwright3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:32 PM   #6
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaddio View Post
No problems with "lumpy"on my '13 and it does make a noticeable improvement.
SUPER happy to see that my name has stuck to that turd!
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:41 PM   #7
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwelch69 View Post
I am curious if anyone who installed the intake tube only is having idle issues and random backfires?
Ive seen the new zzp intake caused an issue also on YouTube. He said he had to remove it because his car kept shutting off. He said zzp should be taking care of the issue in 2 weeks. Wonder whats causing all this from just an intake
SoCalThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:53 PM   #8
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
It's odd that this is still a thing i mean Injen basically through out their intakes and they've had no real problems period that can't be traced back to install but companies with way more R&D time can't get shit straight.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:06 PM   #9
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalThug View Post
Ive seen the new zzp intake caused an issue also on YouTube. He said he had to remove it because his car kept shutting off. He said zzp should be taking care of the issue in 2 weeks. Wonder whats causing all this from just an intake
Link? We haven't had any problem with the ZZP intake on an ATS....
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
Old 11-09-2017, 10:14 PM   #10
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
It's odd that this is still a thing i mean Injen basically through out their intakes and they've had no real problems period that can't be traced back to install but companies with way more R&D time can't get shit straight.
That is because you're wrongly assuming that any form of actual R&D beyond measuring the size of the airbox is occurring.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:59 PM   #11
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
That is because you're wrongly assuming that any form of actual R&D beyond measuring the size of the airbox is occurring.
I'm not really assuming that. You'd just think with all this supposed research mishimoto claims to have done it'd be a non-issue.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 11-10-2017, 12:37 AM   #12
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I'm not really assuming that. You'd just think with all this supposed research mishimoto claims to have done it'd be a non-issue.
I'd barely call what they did R&D. They measured out the box area, made the lumpy turd, then moved the MAF closer to the box once it started setting codes due to airflow reversion. When I think R&D, I think full on, ground up, with actual test data to support their decisions. Testing several designs for optimal airflow, placement to get the coldest possible air, identifying high pressure zones to help with airflow. None of that was actually done, just measure for box, toss on 'ole lumpy turdski. They put a minimal amount of actual driving miles on the car to verify the code issue was resolved before emailing their specs to China, which is why we are now in this position of cars getting CEL's. You might wanna start laying off the Mishi kool-aid as the next glass you drink might be the poison one!!!
Old 11-10-2017, 08:19 AM   #13
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
https://youtu.be/OtlZyDla-1o
SoCalThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:49 AM   #14
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
I'd barely call what they did R&D. They measured out the box area, made the lumpy turd, then moved the MAF closer to the box once it started setting codes due to airflow reversion. When I think R&D, I think full on, ground up, with actual test data to support their decisions. Testing several designs for optimal airflow, placement to get the coldest possible air, identifying high pressure zones to help with airflow. None of that was actually done, just measure for box, toss on 'ole lumpy turdski. They put a minimal amount of actual driving miles on the car to verify the code issue was resolved before emailing their specs to China, which is why we are now in this position of cars getting CEL's. You might wanna start laying off the Mishi kool-aid as the next glass you drink might be the poison one!!!
Haha I'm not as big a mishi fan as i let on. They still havent sent me my free inflatable penguin. Bout the only good thing i can say they have in my own opinion is the radiator hoses and catch cans. And boy did tjey make those a pain to drain if you don't have small skinny arms and hands.